Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Compare civil service salary

Old 03-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Based on what you wrote in the second half, your current job works just fine. Why leave then? And why try to force fit yourself into Public Service since there is limited attraction? Why even bother to ask? Unless the goal is to throw darts at PS.

current job is fine, but getting rather mundane as i have been in it for a long time.

The opportunity in public service looks like a new challenge. I'm not looking to get a big pay jump, just asking not to be worse off.

I'm definitely far from CEO level like earlier poster mentioned, but if it is required for me to take a pay cut or join at same base salary, it will be too big a sacrifice.

I'm a little disappointed as I would imagine public service salary is competitive for mid career joiners.

Anyway, I will wait and see what is offered on table.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I joined a ministry at the start of this year. May I know if there will be confirmation increment when my 1 year anniversary is up? If so, would it affect merit increment in Apr (i.e. Because there is confirmation increment, the % of merit increment is smaller)

Old 09-10-2018, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
current job is fine, but getting rather mundane as i have been in it for a long time.

The opportunity in public service looks like a new challenge. I'm not looking to get a big pay jump, just asking not to be worse off.

I'm definitely far from CEO level like earlier poster mentioned, but if it is required for me to take a pay cut or join at same base salary, it will be too big a sacrifice.

I'm a little disappointed as I would imagine public service salary is competitive for mid career joiners.

End of the day it is still public service. My friend who was a scholar and bonded for 6 years and finally left the service recently. I heard of people getting 150k to 160k after 10 years in public service.

So you have already exceeded their limit.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:06 AM
Unregistered

Default Pay Grade and Typical Job Title for MX11A

I applied for and was appointed as Senior Asst Dir in a Govt Ministry.

The grade is MX11A. Does anybody know the pay range for MX11A?

Currently, the salary offered is ~$6.8k.

This is close to my salary in private sector of $7k (include 13month component in monthly salary).

Before my short stint in private sector, I was in the public service for almost 10 years. Last drawn around was around $~6.2k and my grade was equivalent to MX11.

Would appreciate any views and comments. Thanks!
Old 11-10-2018, 07:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

DD title and at $10k pm or $180k pa.? Wow, thats title inflation for you. So its really prevalent in the CS to inflate titles to compensate for lower remuneration.

The senior engineers in my company without any D in their title are already getting that much. A DD in the company would be commanding $250k to $300k annually.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
DD title and at $10k pm or $180k pa.? Wow, thats title inflation for you. So its really prevalent in the CS to inflate titles to compensate for lower remuneration.

The senior engineers in my company without any D in their title are already getting that much. A DD in the company would be commanding $250k to $300k annually.
What is your position then? Title allocation depends on the company and functions. Banks also give inflated titles as it is a requirement for them to face client. As for your company, senior engineers do not need to have that.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

That amount is what I am drawing now. The offer on the table has to be higher than the 180k which I am getting now.

I don’t really care about title. You can call me a manager or executive. As long as the work is something I like and salary fair
Old 11-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
What is your position then? Title allocation depends on the company and functions. Banks also give inflated titles as it is a requirement for them to face client. As for your company, senior engineers do not need to have that.
Titles are just titles. Job scope and salary is more reflective. As the poster said, DD get 300k. I also know of a pte company that pay DD 120k

Even my wife and parents do not know what my title is now. Whenever they ask I just say manager lah.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Verified Member

ridhwan1820 is on a distinguished road
Default Advice: Civil service job offer

Hello everybody. I am a fresh grad from local uni with a FCH. I have been trying and trying to get a civil service position for i prefer a career with stability. However, I havent had much luck until recently.

I have been offered a position in the civil service with a pay of 3550, which i find is fairly good - because most lab based jobs in research institutions (for my major) pay about 3-3.4k at most. However, the civil service position is only for 6 months so i am not entitled to bonuses etc. In addition, i did enquire if there is a possibility of renewal of contract at the end. The person that interviewed me told that "they will open the position up to the public and you will have to apply again just like everybody else- but you will have an advantage" . After getting the offer a few months later, I asked the HR the same question and the HR replied, "towards the end of the contract, if you see any potential positions up for taking, you can drop us an email so that we can consider you"..

I have been offered some research positions in universities- one that pays 3k flat (6 months) and one that may hit 3.3k if i am lucky (1 year). Any advice on this?

If i were to take the civil service job ($3550, 6 months), what are my chances of an internal transfer within the stat board. How will other civil service sectors view my resume when i apply for other government jobs towards the end of my contract. I am thoroughly OK with doing any degree-pay government job as long as it is within my comfort zone- teaching, customs, ICA, NEA etc, so i can afford to apply widely.

* ps I will be turning 30 next year, dont know if that is a negative in the civil service sector. Will be happy to get advise from the lao jiaos here.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Default MSF AM/Mgr

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering whats the MX level for MSF's AM / Mgr?

overseas IT degree/master with 7 years exp, how much should i ask for?

Thanks for answering!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app