How much are you earning per annum? - Page 845 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 22-08-2015, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Thanks for the advice. When are you buying? Are you waiting for the STI to reach 2000 to buy or buying now? What will you be buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wouldn't worry about the old multi-millionaire. People like them get to where they are because they are savvy.

You didn't hear from him because he was probably busy reviewing his investment holdings to capitalize on the current market weakness.

There are a few posters here who, like the old multi-millionaire, picked good bargains in stocks and property during the 08/09 crisis. The window is coming up again and if you have spare cash, you should start looking for good stocks to grab.

Of course if you are living from hand to mouth, then it is a different matter. We invest what we can spare. More importantly do not be jealous when others prosper.

Old 23-08-2015, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. When are you buying? Are you waiting for the STI to reach 2000 to buy or buying now? What will you be buying?
Well for me, I will start to nibble bit by bit. Next entry point 2,800. If it breaks support, then I pick up more at 2,600. etc..I have lots of ammunition so I don't worry.

Old 23-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

If you have spare cash (money that if you lose, won't cause you stress) it is a good time to start nibbling stocks now, because no one knows when it will bottom out. Some of the stocks worth nibbling:

1. Banks (uob, ocbc and dbs)
2. Comfortdelgro
3. Jardin & Matheson group of companies
4. Sgx
5. Telcos (singtel, starhub, m1)

Kepcorp and semb corp could also be worth looking at but oil prices likely to remain subdued for some time to come, so their share price would not be recovering so soon.

The share price of the above listed stocks may go down some more, but they are dividend paying stocks so you can keep them with a longer term view and enjoy the dividend payouts.

Quote:
Well for me, I will start to nibble bit by bit. Next entry point 2,800. If it breaks support, then I pick up more at 2,600. etc..I have lots of ammunition so I don't worry.

Old 23-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
My first entry level is STI 2000
Second entry level is STI 1500
Third entry level is STI 1000

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 23-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Hey HELLO! This is a salary topic not stock picks. We all know you are bleeding and have lost monies and are now asking people to prop your shares. Keep your ideas and losses to yourself n do not come in here n hogwash others. Start a new thread if you must wallow but certainly, you are a total disdain here. Get it!

In case you are a newbie here or suffer from amnesia, there was once a stupid car dealer who came in here and started rallying people to buy cars becos he said COE is going up. He's in hiding now but I hope he has left planet Earth. You will be next if you follow his path.
Old 23-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey HELLO! This is a salary topic not stock picks. We all know you are bleeding and have lost monies and are now asking people to prop your shares. Keep your ideas and losses to yourself n do not come in here n hogwash others. Start a new thread if you must wallow but certainly, you are a total disdain here. Get it!

In case you are a newbie here or suffer from amnesia, there was once a stupid car dealer who came in here and started rallying people to buy cars becos he said COE is going up. He's in hiding now but I hope he has left planet Earth. You will be next if you follow his path.
There was also a forumer who say that COE will plunge to $30k. Looks like he is going to right, as Minister Lui has said he won't meddle with the tsunami of COE quota for next two years. Huat ah!

Old 23-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
My first entry level is STI 2000
Second entry level is STI 1500
Third entry level is STI 1000
when that STI level happens, we can all shout "Huat ah!". Pappy is the greatest!
Old 23-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
when that STI level happens, we can all shout "Huat ah!". Pappy is the greatest!
I am hoping for COE to crash to $10k. Then I can buy a second new car.
Old 23-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I am not buying now. I will buy if STI hit 1400. After that, I will no longer need to buy for the next 50 years.

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 23-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Tsk tsk. One should not assume such high and mighty position when one is not clear of the forum topic himself.

The forum topic is about annual earnings which cover more than just salary alone. For many approaching retirement, the pursuit of passive incomes or earnings is ever more important as one day the only income they will get will be the passive incomes or earnings from their investments.

I find some posters here allowed pride to cloud and close their minds to learning from others especially from those who have made good and are willing to share. On top of that, these narrow minded posters also easily turned abusive and resorted to using derogative name callings and insults. These are all unnecessary and do not reflect well on the posters. Mostly these posters come across as childish and lacking in substance.

Each time I post, I had hope to get engaged in a healthy discourse with other like minded posters to exchange view points, where we can all learn something from each other or at worse agree to disagree.

Back to your argument that the poster was trying to ask people to prop up the shares. If you just think about it, you will realise how silly the argument sounded. Share prices may be temporarily propped up by "big boys" but never by nobodies who can only nibble. If on the other hand, if you had put away your pride and narrow mindedness, you would have taken notice of the advise to start looking at those shares again. We are talking about shares of strong companies which have been around a long time and will be around for a long time more. Market weakness like this comes once in a while and create opportunities that allow the common people like you and I to acquire shares for passive income for our retirement.

Quote: