Poly pay scales - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Poly pay scales

Old 26-12-2012, 10:39 AM

pretant is on a distinguished road

I see!!! I never thought about this...Let me try tweaking my CV then Thanks guest!

Old 26-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You should just leave your education as Bachelors (hons) in the cv since your M.Sc is not supported by work experience. It will just create impression that you are some ivory towel academic and look bad to pte employers.
You cannot do that! That will be lying. You may be able to do that on your cv, but when you complete the job application, you will have to report all your educational qualifications... And you will have to sign and verify whatever you submit is true. Omission of information can be viewed as misrepresenting yourself.

Old 27-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretant View Post
I see!!! I never thought about this...Let me try tweaking my CV then Thanks guest!
It's too late for you to 'doctor' your CV... The fact is you have now accumulated experience at the poly albeit on a low pay... You'll still be disadvantage by your low pay unless you have skills and credentials which no other candidate has. By the way, omitting your master's degree from your cv is equivalent to lying. If you are ever found out, you'll be fired. And word will spread, that'll jeopardize your other job opportunities. Best to sell your capabilities. Do your research on your job market and move on if you are really not happy with the present.

Old 27-12-2012, 10:22 AM

pretant is on a distinguished road

Man..Now in short I have spoilt everything by accepting this job. Did my employer/boss really not think about what they were getting me into or did they do this willingly? Anyways, I think it is too late to regret about this. I might as well start working on a different career path way. May be do a second masters in finance or management which seems to be more lucrative
Old 27-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Man..Now in short I have spoilt everything by accepting this job. Did my employer/boss really not think about what they were getting me into or did they do this willingly? Anyways, I think it is too late to regret about this. I might as well start working on a different career path way. May be do a second masters in finance or management which seems to be more lucrative
employers are always trying to get the best for money employee to do the job.
you cant blame them on trying to lowball you.
neither do they have to plan for your future career path.

i can assure you that with a second masters in finance/mgt it will be equally, if not even harder for you to gain employment.
who would want to pay so highly for someone with 2masters & 1bach for a entry position?
Old 27-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Move on, don't look back and lament about the past. More studying would not be my recommended path. Gaining more work experience should be your top priority.

I am only going for my master's now after 11 years of working and only because company is willing to subsidize the course. In all these years, I have not felt disadvantaged because I did not have a master's.

Remember, don't think that paper qualifications entitle you to a higher salary.

Quote:

Old 27-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Seriously? I think this is ridiculous! You did not do any research at all about your career, accepted a job offer and then blame your employer for offering you a job. You are behaving like a petuant kid. It is not as if 2.9k is THAT low.

I truly question your capability and attitude. It seems like you are evaluating your job purely based on pay AFTER THE FACT. That does not sound like what a Masters or even Bachelors would do. The only possible explaination is that no one had even heard of your university (despite your claim) and offer you a pay as any distant learning graduate.
Old 27-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You cannot do that! That will be lying. You may be able to do that on your cv, but when you complete the job application, you will have to report all your educational qualifications... And you will have to sign and verify whatever you submit is true. Omission of information can be viewed as misrepresenting yourself.
This is complete misleading. No employer is going to fire you for omitting a Masters and presenting only your honors in a CV. The other way round cannot, but downgrading is such a common thing nowadays.
Old 27-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You need to start figuring out how to play the office politics game and stop buying useless degrees and masters. Seriously you think only you the only one know how to buy qualifications??? The entire market is flying with Indians and PRCs with PhDs and Masters.

A NUS/NTU honours in Finance will best your masters purchased from some pte uni hands down...
Old 27-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
This is complete misleading. No employer is going to fire you for omitting a Masters and presenting only your honors in a CV. The other way round cannot, but downgrading is such a common thing nowadays.
NOT misleading at all. A lie is a lie. The employer reserves the right to take disciplinary action on you. To say "No employer is going to fire you for omitting a Masters ...", now that's misleading.