Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses - Page 4 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Education and Personal Growth

Education and Personal Growth Schools, further studies, getting ready for employment, and motivation stuff

Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses

Old 09-07-2010, 03:56 PM

taka666 is on a distinguished road

I found two useful websites from MOM: Ministry of Manpower: Career Compass and http://app.careercompass.gov.sg/Fron...craft+Engineer

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 09-07-2010, 04:06 PM

taka666 is on a distinguished road

Another one: WDA : Singapore Workforce Development Agency and click on aerospace

Old 17-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Default advise from experience

In this field, take the responsibility of every action you made. The salary pay scale that mention in this forum is true. Do not expect much. In singapore, salary for lae is sucks. One day eventually those who impatient and not daring enough will find themselves stuck at the middle of nowhere in this career. The earliest time for you to earn big money is after you join the scheme for 7~8 years. (if you are lucky)
[The big money I mention is only sgd12k+ basic hour per month]

Quality for those who wish to join lae scheme.
1) Endure
2) Prepare to be sandwiched by technician and management.
3) Daring
4) No need to be well educated but need to have basic education and HIGH IQ.
5) Prepare to die early comparing to normal people. (toxic chemical)
6) Accept all the action that you have taken n do not regret. (accept so much responsibility for 2.5k ++?)
7) Able to handle stress.
8) Super fat ass not encouraged to join. [Unless u want to slim down]

Out of all the criteria if u still can't decide, below there will be one experiment for you.

1) Get a can of used engine oil that in black colour, pour it on to your toilet, include the lid n the bowl itself. Then go n wear a stupid coverall, squat down and clean it with dry rags by your hand. After you clean all the oil stain use a torchlight n mirror inspect the toilet see whether u satisfy with the cleaning.

[ I bet for sure you will have plenty of chances to encounter this kind of job if you become a member of the scheme. This experiment is the easiest way to test whether u r fit or not. Remember in the above test u just squat at the side of the toilet to do the job. In real life of lae, alot more shittier job awaited you, be prepared to stuck your head inside the bowl or crawl like a dog inside the compartment.]

Old 09-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Default Advice

Hey old birds,

Need your advices.

I had an interview with a local small Mro company dealing with small aircrafts as a trainee technician and i got it.

now i also have an interview with pratt and whitney as trainee technician for repair/overhaul engines.

which should i choose?

To go up the LAE steps or the other?

Hangar or workshop?

really confused here.

thanks!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey old birds,

Need your advices.

I had an interview with a local small Mro company dealing with small aircrafts as a trainee technician and i got it.

now i also have an interview with pratt and whitney as trainee technician for repair/overhaul engines.

which should i choose?

To go up the LAE steps or the other?

Hangar or workshop?

really confused here.

thanks!
wht's e coy of e small mro tht u got into?
PW is a good place to work in. good benefits and more relax(air-condition environment).
do u have a diploma? if yes, go for LAE but u have to bear the 8yrs bond(ST Aero) or 7yrs bond SIAEC. but be prepared to do **** job before u can command ppl to do those job for you.
Old 17-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Hey,can anyone tell me what's the annual intake for SIAEC and ST apprenticeship?And what's the demand for avionics LAE every year?

Old 21-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Default Aircraft type rating

Hi, am currently Studying in Attc doing foundation degree n taking CAAS paper concurrently. My question is that is possible to attend type rating courses on ur own in Singapore? If can, where?
Old 30-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Default Inquires on Aviation Management & Services (T04)

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Hi, Im starting a new thread here.
I had just finished my high school and im waiting continue my study at university. Lately, I have been told by my dad that aircraft maintenance engineer is not a bad field to venture into. I think im interested in engineering field so it's up to me to venture into which engineering field.
I have been doing some research about how to be a licensed aircraft maintenance engineer because I dont want to waste my time to study a degree program that dont qualified me to work as a LAE (Licensed Aircraft Engineer).

Question
------------
1. Aerospace Engineering Courses is available in NTU and some other overseas university. My doubt is after graduating from aerospace engineering, will i qualified to be taken as a LAE. ( I think is a NO. )

2. I heard that to be a LAE we need to take certain test to be a qualified LAE to sign off parts of the aircraft. From my last thread, someone told me about CAAS but recently from a education fair from Australia, there's a college that will be able to give you a EASA license. Is there anyone know anything about this two license? Which is better? I was told that the EASA license is approved by a professional body and will recognise by many country.

3. The Australia programme i mentioned is a 2 years diploma programme and the college will find you a job in aviation industry for 2-3 years and you will be getting your EASA license then. I was thinking at first that im a high school leaver with A level qualification and i should aim for a degree programme. But i was told by the representative from the college , if i want to be a aircraft maintenance engineer, what matters is the license and with the license i will be highly paid. I was thinking over again, after went through a 4yrs aerospace engineering degree programme, im still not qualified as a LAE and i need to take the risk whether the aircraft company will hire and train a degree graduate to be a maintenance engineer.

Hope someone that is a aircraft maintenance engineer or in the same field can clear my doubt as studying at Australia just for that diploma programme is not cheap. ( but we are aiming for the license to be a LAE)

Hey guys, i am awaiting for my O level results and upon doing some research i was keen in Aviation Management & Services offered my temasek polytechnic. What would be my future career prospect. Furthermore there has been Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) with temasek polytechnic , a world leader in aviation and aerospace higher education. Offering Bachelor of Science in Aviation Business Administration under SIM uni? What are your views of this line in Aviation and where it will get me ?

Much Thanks

Ahmad Waayne
Old 30-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Inquires on Aviation Management & Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Hi, Im starting a new thread here.
I had just finished my high school and im waiting continue my study at university. Lately, I have been told by my dad that aircraft maintenance engineer is not a bad field to venture into. I think im interested in engineering field so it's up to me to venture into which engineering field.
I have been doing some research about how to be a licensed aircraft maintenance engineer because I dont want to waste my time to study a degree program that dont qualified me to work as a LAE (Licensed Aircraft Engineer).

Question
------------
1. Aerospace Engineering Courses is available in NTU and some other overseas university. My doubt is after graduating from aerospace engineering, will i qualified to be taken as a LAE. ( I think is a NO. )

2. I heard that to be a LAE we need to take certain test to be a qualified LAE to sign off parts of the aircraft. From my last thread, someone told me about CAAS but recently from a education fair from Australia, there's a college that will be able to give you a EASA license. Is there anyone know anything about this two license? Which is better? I was told that the EASA license is approved by a professional body and will recognise by many country.

3. The Australia programme i mentioned is a 2 years diploma programme and the college will find you a job in aviation industry for 2-3 years and you will be getting your EASA license then. I was thinking at first that im a high school leaver with A level qualification and i should aim for a degree programme. But i was told by the representative from the college , if i want to be a aircraft maintenance engineer, what matters is the license and with the license i will be highly paid. I was thinking over again, after went through a 4yrs aerospace engineering degree programme, im still not qualified as a LAE and i need to take the risk whether the aircraft company will hire and train a degree graduate to be a maintenance engineer.

Hope someone that is a aircraft maintenance engineer or in the same field can clear my doubt as studying at Australia just for that diploma programme is not cheap. ( but we are aiming for the license to be a LAE)

Hey guys, i am awaiting for my O level results and upon doing some research i was keen in Aviation Management & Services offered my temasek polytechnic. What would be my future career prospect. Furthermore there has been Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) with temasek polytechnic , a world leader in aviation and aerospace higher education. Offering Bachelor of Science in Aviation Business Administration under SIM uni? What are your views of this line in Aviation and where it will get me ?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

Default Aviation Management & Services