Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Inquires on Aviation Management & Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Hi, Im starting a new thread here.
I had just finished my high school and im waiting continue my study at university. Lately, I have been told by my dad that aircraft maintenance engineer is not a bad field to venture into. I think im interested in engineering field so it's up to me to venture into which engineering field.
I have been doing some research about how to be a licensed aircraft maintenance engineer because I dont want to waste my time to study a degree program that dont qualified me to work as a LAE (Licensed Aircraft Engineer).

Question
------------
1. Aerospace Engineering Courses is available in NTU and some other overseas university. My doubt is after graduating from aerospace engineering, will i qualified to be taken as a LAE. ( I think is a NO. )

2. I heard that to be a LAE we need to take certain test to be a qualified LAE to sign off parts of the aircraft. From my last thread, someone told me about CAAS but recently from a education fair from Australia, there's a college that will be able to give you a EASA license. Is there anyone know anything about this two license? Which is better? I was told that the EASA license is approved by a professional body and will recognise by many country.

3. The Australia programme i mentioned is a 2 years diploma programme and the college will find you a job in aviation industry for 2-3 years and you will be getting your EASA license then. I was thinking at first that im a high school leaver with A level qualification and i should aim for a degree programme. But i was told by the representative from the college , if i want to be a aircraft maintenance engineer, what matters is the license and with the license i will be highly paid. I was thinking over again, after went through a 4yrs aerospace engineering degree programme, im still not qualified as a LAE and i need to take the risk whether the aircraft company will hire and train a degree graduate to be a maintenance engineer.

Hope someone that is a aircraft maintenance engineer or in the same field can clear my doubt as studying at Australia just for that diploma programme is not cheap. ( but we are aiming for the license to be a LAE)

Hey guys, i am awaiting for my O level results and upon doing some research i was keen in Aviation Management & Services offered my temasek polytechnic. What would be my future career prospect. Furthermore there has been Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) with temasek polytechnic , a world leader in aviation and aerospace higher education. Offering Bachelor of Science in Aviation Business Administration under SIM uni? What are your views of this line in Aviation and where it will get me ?