Whats your net worth - Page 29 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth

Whats your net worth

Old 28-02-2011, 02:38 AM
The Lone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor millionaire View Post
I feel sorry for you - from the way you speak, you must have had critical parents and then you turn out to be one yourself. Quick to judge, quick to critique. Don't believe you get the chance to do this in real life. If you speak like that to your friends in real life, then you don't have many friends at all. Absolutely unconstructive comments.

Have you wondered why people don't LISTEN to you when you speak. What an absolute turn off. Pity your wife if you have one.
Maybe there's other landed properties that you can cast your eyes on. If the price does not suit you, maybe it's best that you can hop onto another house and another price which is more comfortable for you.

You're not a poor millionaire. I'm still waiting for my first million and you've already hit yours at such a young age. I really admire you, for having the courage to buy something much expensive and having the foresight to sell it at a higher price.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:35 AM
Verified Member

mugster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor millionaire
Maybe I should just not buy that Semi-D for the time being. I saw some that I like but the owners are RIDICULOUS. Through some of my sources, I know the price that they bought. For example one owner bought his semi-d in 2003 for 1.3M. I am willing to give him cheque for 2.3M, yet he wants to hold out for 2.4M. If I were him, I'd take the 1M profit and run!!! It is really a sellers' market now. I will hold out more for the general sentiment to soften further. I don't believe interest rates will not rise!

Good things come to those who wait. Meanwhile I will continue to stay with my parents and make more money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered
Why are the sellers ridiculous? The value of a piece of property is based on the current valuation and not how much the owner bought it for.
Quote:
When I bid 2.3M - that was the market. However, the owner wants 2.4M. If I paid 2.4M, it would look like an anomaly, an aberration on the URA caveat lodged website. Basically he is ridiculous because he wants his price to be above market or else he would not sell. He is, in other words - greedy, like most landed property sellers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugster
Seller is not being ridiculous. He is free to name his own price. There is something wrong with your thought process. Perhaps you should leave the investment decision to your husband.
Quote:
I feel sorry for you - from the way you speak, you must have had critical parents and then you turn out to be one yourself. Quick to judge, quick to critique. Don't believe you get the chance to do this in real life. If you speak like that to your friends in real life, then you don't have many friends at all. Absolutely unconstructive comments.

Have you wondered why people don't LISTEN to you when you speak. What an absolute turn off. Pity your wife if you have one.
Hi poor millionaire. I pasted the conversation here so readers have full context to my short reply to you.

I rest my case.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugster View Post
Hi poor millionaire. I pasted the conversation here so readers have full context to my short reply to you.

I rest my case.
It is quite obvious that the last post by "poor millionaire" is not from the original "poor millionaire".

This is one of the problems with anonymous postings. Everyone can claim to be "poor millionaire".

The original "poor millionaire", from her writing, is a refined and fairly well-to-do lady looking for a semi-detached house.

The latest "poor millionaire", from his writing, is likely a frustrated person stuck in some dead end job.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Poor millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugster View Post

I rest my case.

All the posts were made by the original "poor millionaire", I can attest to that.

I think people can come in here to give their views freely, however, they should not start to harshly comment or criticize others in an unkind manner. I feel that when "mugster" says that "there is something wrong with my thought process" and "maybe you should leave the investment decision to your husband", he alluded that I was incapable of investing my money, just because I could not agree with what his point of view on whether landed property sellers are like moving targets.

If we cannot agree on a point, then move on or continue to pursue the point, there is no need to put someone else down.

I seriously believe that mugster is able to criticize and belittle others like that only because this is a forum and mugster is not his real name. I do not believe that he has the guts to say this to someone in real life.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor millionaire View Post
All the posts were made by the original "poor millionaire", I can attest to that.

I think people can come in here to give their views freely, however, they should not start to harshly comment or criticize others in an unkind manner. I feel that when "mugster" says that "there is something wrong with my thought process" and "maybe you should leave the investment decision to your husband", he alluded that I was incapable of investing my money, just because I could not agree with what his point of view on whether landed property sellers are like moving targets.

If we cannot agree on a point, then move on or continue to pursue the point, there is no need to put someone else down.

I seriously believe that mugster is able to criticize and belittle others like that only because this is a forum and mugster is not his real name. I do not believe that he has the guts to say this to someone in real life.
Welcome to the Internet.

(you too are anonymous)
Old 04-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Why are the sellers ridiculous? The value of a piece of property is based on the current valuation and not how much the owner bought it for.

When I bid 2.3M - that was the market. However, the owner wants 2.4M. If I paid 2.4M, it would look like an anomaly, an aberration on the URA caveat lodged website. Basically he is ridiculous because he wants his price to be above market or else he would not sell. He is, in other words - greedy, like most landed property sellers.[/QUOTE]

Just to update, I managed to get the property at 2.3m. I just told the owner that I do not have 2.4m, regardless of how he claims there are other buyers with ready cheques. Those are just sales tactics. Also, it was a way to test water. If he is not a serious seller, even if I offer 2.4m or 2.35m (in between), he will continue to revise his price upwards every other week. I hate to be led on a wild goose chase this way. I have met several owners who are like moving targets. This is what is known as ownership bias where the owners view their properties as supreme and have no real need to sell their houses anyway. So why waste other people's time?

Anyway, I will no longer be a millionaire after I plonk the money into this house. Adieu!

Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 PM
poor millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Welcome to the Internet.

(you too are anonymous)

I am anonymous, but I don't put anyone in this forum down, unless he/ she tries to put me down or is rude to me first - like "mugster" did.

I try to be responsible with my words and refrain from sarcasm or belittling or bullying. These are absolutely unnecessary for constructive conversations.

By the way, I am not in any dead end job. I am just very frustrated with the way people speak sometimes.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I am anonymous, but I don't put anyone in this forum down, unless he/ she tries to put me down or is rude to me first - like "mugster" did.

I try to be responsible with my words and refrain from sarcasm or belittling or bullying. These are absolutely unnecessary for constructive conversations.

By the way, I am not in any dead end job. I am just very frustrated with the way people speak sometimes.
Welcome to the Real World, then.

but this forum is already much better than others such as HWZ where more kids hang out.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

This "poor millionaire" lady is just way too sheltered and sensitive

Her husband probably helped her to advance in her career
Old 05-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Verified Member

chnrxn is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Take it easy. I notice a lot of people (at least in Singapore) like to say things like "there is something wrong with your thought process" or "you must change your mindset". It seems to have become a trait of our society. I at the receiving end of a lot of these comments myself.

In a way, everyone has a right to their opinion, just that the communication of these opinions is less than ideal. For example, you can call the seller "ridiculous", which is valid from your position as a buyer, but the buyer is also eligible to name any price they want (regardless of whether they can get it).

Anyway, are you buying the property for own stay or renting it out? If you are renting it out, and the valuation of the house increases, you would have in fact, gotten richer ( at least on paper ).

Since you already know that the seller is not really serious, and is holding out for an ever increasing price, why be so bothered? Good thing you held your ground and you can tell the difference between truth and sales tactics. Apparently, in this case, the sellers had to change their mindset.

Last edited by chnrxn; 05-03-2011 at 01:22 PM.