Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor millionaire View Post
Why are the sellers ridiculous? The value of a piece of property is based on the current valuation and not how much the owner bought it for.

When I bid 2.3M - that was the market. However, the owner wants 2.4M. If I paid 2.4M, it would look like an anomaly, an aberration on the URA caveat lodged website. Basically he is ridiculous because he wants his price to be above market or else he would not sell. He is, in other words - greedy, like most landed property sellers.[/QUOTE]

Just to update, I managed to get the property at 2.3m. I just told the owner that I do not have 2.4m, regardless of how he claims there are other buyers with ready cheques. Those are just sales tactics. Also, it was a way to test water. If he is not a serious seller, even if I offer 2.4m or 2.35m (in between), he will continue to revise his price upwards every other week. I hate to be led on a wild goose chase this way. I have met several owners who are like moving targets. This is what is known as ownership bias where the owners view their properties as supreme and have no real need to sell their houses anyway. So why waste other people's time?

Anyway, I will no longer be a millionaire after I plonk the money into this house. Adieu!