Compare civil service salary - Page 313 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3121 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkzi0n View Post
any one has more information about statistician in DOS? i only know they follow a different scheme which pays slightly higher than the MX scheme if im not wrong... my question is how much higher as the year progress?

I also heard that a typical local uni non-scholar with good performance can reach MX10 and a selected few can reach MX9.... can i assume the statistician scheme follow this trend in general but with slightly higher income ceiling?

a slightly unrelated question... does anyone know if economics services take in ppl with second major in econs? i heard that they onli take in ppl with honors in econs + good quantitative skills...but my econs is onli a second major... my primary major is statistics and i will be taking honors for my primary major.
Just apply to both. If you get offers from both, ask hr directly. What have u got to lose?

Reply With Quote
  #3122 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2013, 02:01 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 21
Dean is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff View Post
If you're gearing to stay in the civil service for the rest of your life (until retirement) or at least for the next 20 years, upgrading your CEP is a better option than promotion.

With your CEP upgraded, you will be promoted at a faster pace in the next 10 years, as compared to your peers with a lower CEP. Why bother about that promotion this year, when you can be looking at multiple promotions 10 years down the road?
Yep...

With the right CEP, promotion will come, because, the mgt has a responsibility to make sure you can hit your CEP before you retire. If you don't, there can only be 2 reasons:
1. You screwed up.
2. The management screwed up by giving a non-deserving guy the CEP. (And no mgt is going to admit that!)

Therefore, get your CEP upgrades as fast as you can. Then, don't screw up. Maintain a reasonable level of performance, and the promotions will come along the way, no need to worry too much about them.

Reply With Quote
  #3123 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2013, 02:13 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Yep...

With the right CEP, promotion will come, because, the mgt has a responsibility to make sure you can hit your CEP before you retire. If you don't, there can only be 2 reasons:
1. You screwed up.
2. The management screwed up by giving a non-deserving guy the CEP. (And no mgt is going to admit that!)

Therefore, get your CEP upgrades as fast as you can. Then, don't screw up. Maintain a reasonable level of performance, and the promotions will come along the way, no need to worry too much about them.
Questions here. How would you get to know your CEP? Is it alright to ask the mgmt about your CEP? How early or often should one request for a CEP upgrade?

Reply With Quote
  #3124 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2013, 02:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36
Darkzi0n is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just apply to both. If you get offers from both, ask hr directly. What have u got to lose?
haha.. jus weighting my options before making the plunge into the public sector.
Reply With Quote
  #3125 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have just received verbal offer from the hr from NEA and waiting for them to do the contract. May i know how is the job progression like in NEA? I have a second upper honours from Nus.
Reply With Quote
  #3126 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just received verbal offer from the hr from NEA and waiting for them to do the contract. May i know how is the job progression like in NEA? I have a second upper honours from Nus.
When did you apply?
Reply With Quote

  #3127 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2013, 01:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 9134868358

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
Questions here. How would you get to know your CEP? Is it alright to ask the mgmt about your CEP? How early or often should one request for a CEP upgrade?
you can ask your director for your CEP during your yearly appraisal. S/he will tell you. Though usually when you are a fresh hire, they will tend to tell u that it is not indicative and will take 5 years to stabilise and see the full picture etc.
Reply With Quote
  #3128 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My colleague took a postgraduate Masters, on a company sponsorship, and i heard her CEP increased from MX10 to MX9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you can ask your director for your CEP during your yearly appraisal. S/he will tell you. Though usually when you are a fresh hire, they will tend to tell u that it is not indicative and will take 5 years to stabilise and see the full picture etc.
Reply With Quote
  #3129 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36
Darkzi0n is on a distinguished road
Default

jus curious... lets say u dont make any fatal mistakes, will the CEP drop?
Reply With Quote
  #3130 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No, it wont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkzi0n View Post
jus curious... lets say u dont make any fatal mistakes, will the CEP drop?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 03:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 01:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 11:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 02:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 45,665 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,760 Replies, 490,583 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 8,220 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,257 Replies, 1,020,207 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
762 Replies, 507,153 Views
Govtech bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 12,635 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 89,414 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,771 Replies, 831,315 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,935 Replies, 5,161,727 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
385 Replies, 171,249 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 248,350 Views
Relocating to Singapore with... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 4,390 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
337 Replies, 257,811 Views
What prospective jobs will be...
8 Replies, 860 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
836 Replies, 419,493 Views
queries about UOB service exec
2 Replies, 270 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
243 Replies, 152,009 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,866 Replies, 2,106,780 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
272 Replies, 111,719 Views
DBS BANK Interview replies ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
421 Replies, 251,147 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 8,173 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 14,858 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 817,094 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,895 Replies, 1,749,330 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
615 Replies, 310,881 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,171 Replies, 203,777 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
313 Replies, 54,202 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,591 Replies, 976,509 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,043 Replies, 1,381,903 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,853 Replies, 3,612,151 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2