Compare civil service salary - Page 315 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3141 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36
Darkzi0n is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
3200-3400 loh for female
master so low? tot 3200-3400 is degree with hons pay?

Reply With Quote
  #3142 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does anyone know what is the pay range/ expected pay for an officer in the ministry?

Applicant:
Female
masters graduate
2 yrs research work experience

Will appreciate replies! Thanks!
with relevant masters, it would be counted as 1 yr work exp. provided that ur 2 yrs research work exp is relevant too, in total it would be 3 yrs increment, so its between 3600-4000.

Reply With Quote
  #3143 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for the gauge!

Reply With Quote
  #3144 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Hi-Po Scheme

I am being called up for the hi-po interview. May I know what to expect?
Reply With Quote
  #3145 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

18K allowance per annum for the additional responsibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am being called up for the hi-po interview. May I know what to expect?
Reply With Quote
  #3146 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 82
lmaohaha is on a distinguished road
Default

does anyone know for civil service, does your new employer actually contact your current supervisor for employment checks or just your current hr dept?
Reply With Quote

  #3147 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaohaha View Post
does anyone know for civil service, does your new employer actually contact your current supervisor for employment checks or just your current hr dept?
Depends on agencies. But if they do check, they will check with your current supervisor instead of HR dept.
Reply With Quote
  #3148 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2
Jaehee is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi,

A brief background of my work experience:
Entered a stat board as a diploma holder (div 2) in 2007, starting pay $1785
Got promoted to Div 1 in 2012 and currently drawing close to $4k.

Didn't upgrade myself to get a degree along the way. I am still a diploma holder.

Getting bored with the job scope (tax related), am planning to apply for a position in other stat board/ministry.

Question: How severe will the payout be should i make a switch? Is there a a chance (no matter how remote it is) for me to even get a higher pay if I make a switch?

Anyone with similar working experience care to share your thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #3149 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaehee View Post
Hi,

A brief background of my work experience:
Entered a stat board as a diploma holder (div 2) in 2007, starting pay $1785
Got promoted to Div 1 in 2012 and currently drawing close to $4k.

Didn't upgrade myself to get a degree along the way. I am still a diploma holder.

Getting bored with the job scope (tax related), am planning to apply for a position in other stat board/ministry.

Question: How severe will the payout be should i make a switch? Is there a a chance (no matter how remote it is) for me to even get a higher pay if I make a switch?

Anyone with similar working experience care to share your thoughts?
You're actually the first person I know that has no degree, yet promoted to Div 1. My personal opinion is that you will not get the same salary you're getting currently if you switch to another agency doing a different work. If the work scope is the same, then there might still be room for negotiation.

This is based on my understanding of public sector, that they still value degree more than anything.
Reply With Quote
  #3150 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2
Jaehee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You're actually the first person I know that has no degree, yet promoted to Div 1. My personal opinion is that you will not get the same salary you're getting currently if you switch to another agency doing a different work. If the work scope is the same, then there might still be room for negotiation.

This is based on my understanding of public sector, that they still value degree more than anything.
My current workplace actually follows only have one scheme for all qualifications. It's just that the degree holders will come in at a higher level as compared to non- degree holders. If you are good enough, you will get promoted to the next level. Hence, it's not surprising to hear a dip holder promoted to div 1 in my workplace. Thanks for your opinion : )
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 143 07-09-2020 04:27 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,470 Replies, 6,426,771 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,607 Replies, 1,455,463 Views
Can share your your car... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 2,323 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
218 Replies, 135,291 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,614 Replies, 365,412 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,857 Replies, 1,511,091 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,295 Replies, 3,522,975 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,129 Replies, 1,979,844 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,621 Replies, 2,181,396 Views
Retiring in Taiwan ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 2,520 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
509 Replies, 307,924 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
819 Replies, 416,517 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 4,152 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
209 Replies, 51,164 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 86,151 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
618 Replies, 174,815 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
280 Replies, 60,435 Views
Looking for job referral,...
7 Replies, 797 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
280 Replies, 386,918 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
193 Replies, 56,765 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
106 Replies, 97,103 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 2,864 Views
Really that bad for property agent...
2 Replies, 3,758 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,193 Replies, 912,417 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,790 Replies, 1,108,626 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
893 Replies, 623,822 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 5,870 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 153,997 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 8,693 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2