Compare civil service salary - Page 314 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3131 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36
Darkzi0n is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, it wont.
thank you for the reply.

jus another question... is there a difference between working in stats board or ministry?

Reply With Quote
  #3132 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I work in a Ministry. Even within a Ministry, there are different schemes.

Generally, i think there is a higher proportion of superscale officers in a Ministry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkzi0n View Post
thank you for the reply.

jus another question... is there a difference between working in stats board or ministry?


Reply With Quote
  #3133 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkzi0n View Post
thank you for the reply.

jus another question... is there a difference between working in stats board or ministry?
Got diff!
Ministry - 'cushion' for superscales
Stat board - 'cushion' for scholars

Reply With Quote
  #3134 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2013, 12:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36
Darkzi0n is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Got diff!
Ministry - 'cushion' for superscales
Stat board - 'cushion' for scholars
wat does it mean by cushion?

and i jus realized DOS is considered as 'functional department' overseen by MTI, n not a stats board.... does that means it is conisdered under ministry or does it belong to a different category?
Reply With Quote
  #3135 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 19
Puff is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkzi0n View Post
wat does it mean by cushion?

and i jus realized DOS is considered as 'functional department' overseen by MTI, n not a stats board.... does that means it is conisdered under ministry or does it belong to a different category?
DOS is a stat board under MTI. In general, there are subtle differences between a stat board and a Ministry, in that a Ministry is more rigid and is bounded by regulations from PSD.

Stat boards are welcome to follow similar "guidelines", but they have more autonomy as compared to the Ministries. In that sense, a Stat board may have more flexibility in negotiating starting salary, ranking and promotion of lower scale officers, more benefits, and different civil service culture etc.

Having said that, culture is usually dedicated by the top guy in the organisation, so if you get a staunch civil servant as your CE/MD in a stat board, the culture will more or less be the same as a Ministry culture.

By cushion, I believe the poster is referring that they are "rearing grounds" for the different type of scholars. Ministries typically have more AOs as compared to Stat boards, where you may have more scholars. Note that AOs are those that are geared to become CE/MD/PS in the civil service should they not screw up, and not all scholars are AOs.
Reply With Quote
  #3136 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff View Post
DOS is a stat board under MTI. In general, there are subtle differences between a stat board and a Ministry, in that a Ministry is more rigid and is bounded by regulations from PSD.

Stat boards are welcome to follow similar "guidelines", but they have more autonomy as compared to the Ministries. In that sense, a Stat board may have more flexibility in negotiating starting salary, ranking and promotion of lower scale officers, more benefits, and different civil service culture etc.

Having said that, culture is usually dedicated by the top guy in the organisation, so if you get a staunch civil servant as your CE/MD in a stat board, the culture will more or less be the same as a Ministry culture.

By cushion, I believe the poster is referring that they are "rearing grounds" for the different type of scholars. Ministries typically have more AOs as compared to Stat boards, where you may have more scholars. Note that AOs are those that are geared to become CE/MD/PS in the civil service should they not screw up, and not all scholars are AOs.
I think not to mislead the original poster, DOS is not a stat board. It is a National Statistical Authority that exists as a Department. To sum it up, the Government consists of Ministries, Departments, Statutory Boards and Organs of State. For e.g., Accountant-General's Dept (AGD), the Home Team Depts such as Civil Defence, Police, Prisons etc are departments.

Though the wiki list is not the most updated (e.g. MICA), can glance thru' it for a better idea. Organisation of the Government of Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #3137 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Does anyone know what is the pay range/ expected pay for an officer in the ministry?

Applicant:
Female
masters graduate
2 yrs research work experience

Will appreciate replies! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #3138 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just received verbal offer from the hr from NEA and waiting for them to do the contract. May i know how is the job progression like in NEA? I have a second upper honours from Nus.
Did u get under hawker center division? Juz wondering..
Reply With Quote
  #3139 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Did u get under hawker center division? Juz wondering..
Can I add on to the question? How much did they offer u?
Reply With Quote
  #3140 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does anyone know what is the pay range/ expected pay for an officer in the ministry?

Applicant:
Female
masters graduate
2 yrs research work experience

Will appreciate replies! Thanks!
3200-3400 loh for female
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
394 Replies, 287,537 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,775 Replies, 271,331 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,105 Replies, 5,583,294 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
158 Replies, 75,642 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
688 Replies, 211,463 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,602 Replies, 2,608,069 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
101 Replies, 13,504 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
377 Replies, 250,717 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,633 Replies, 783,797 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,191 Replies, 970,292 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,294 Replies, 1,907,624 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 758 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 13,041 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,912 Replies, 1,084,604 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 1,256 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,659 Replies, 1,606,670 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 4,048 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 92,742 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,380 Replies, 564,791 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,101 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 22,087 Views
Sharing my Passive and Active...
2 Replies, 504 Views
where can i buy nintendo stock?
6 Replies, 3,388 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,953 Views
HR Career advice
3 Replies, 1,444 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 15,517 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,089 Replies, 499,882 Views
Can share your your car...
2 Replies, 232 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
7 Replies, 2,143 Views
Any Kaplan students here can land... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,092 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2