Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 253 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2521 (permalink)  
Old 22-09-2020, 01:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone knows how long an offer can take to come?

I got an email confirmation and they said it will take about 2 weeks to give an offer, but it has been 1.5 weeks and still no sound.

Reply With Quote
  #2522 (permalink)  
Old 22-09-2020, 01:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone knows how long an offer can take to come?

I got an email confirmation and they said it will take about 2 weeks to give an offer, but it has been 1.5 weeks and still no sound.
What is the email confirmation for? Wait for 2 weeks to be up and drop HR an email if they have not gotten back to you by then

Reply With Quote
  #2523 (permalink)  
Old 22-09-2020, 01:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the email confirmation for? Wait for 2 weeks to be up and drop HR an email if they have not gotten back to you by then
yeah thats my plan.

The email was that i had confirmation for the position and they asked to submit documents for the processing of the offer. I am just wondering why it would take so long to get an offer.

Reply With Quote
  #2524 (permalink)  
Old 22-09-2020, 01:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yeah thats my plan.

The email was that i had confirmation for the position and they asked to submit documents for the processing of the offer. I am just wondering why it would take so long to get an offer.
If HR requested for documents from you, it shows that they are interested. HR may have to go through a few layers of approval and background checks before they can confidently offer the position to you.
Reply With Quote
  #2525 (permalink)  
Old 22-09-2020, 02:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If HR requested for documents from you, it shows that they are interested. HR may have to go through a few layers of approval and background checks before they can confidently offer the position to you.
Haha. yeah. It seems like i should be quite secure to be in the position. just waiting for the offer to come in and be confident to move on from my current role.

Thanks and hope it comes soon.
Reply With Quote
  #2526 (permalink)  
Old 23-09-2020, 01:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default MOF Virtual Tea Session

Hi, I have applied a role of an associate with MOF and got called up for a virtual tea session. Anybody knows what to expect and how to prepare for it? Thanks!
Reply With Quote

  #2527 (permalink)  
Old 23-09-2020, 01:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have applied a role of an associate with MOF and got called up for a virtual tea session. Anybody knows what to expect and how to prepare for it? Thanks!
“Tea Session” essentially means a behavioral interview with non-technical questions (e.g: why this role? aspirations? etc)

Afterwards, an interview with the hiring manager often entails technical questions and a couple of critical thinking teasers. (For my MAS graduate officer role, I had to walk through my manager on the DCF as well as brain teasers such as how would you calculate the number of sand in sentosa beach)
Reply With Quote
  #2528 (permalink)  
Old 23-09-2020, 03:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default MOF Virtual Tea Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
“Tea Session” essentially means a behavioral interview with non-technical questions (e.g: why this role? aspirations? etc)

Afterwards, an interview with the hiring manager often entails technical questions and a couple of critical thinking teasers. (For my MAS graduate officer role, I had to walk through my manager on the DCF as well as brain teasers such as how would you calculate the number of sand in sentosa beach)
Alright thanks! Is it common for ministries or stat boards to ask for supporting documents for the tea session even though you might not be hired? Btw, what role did you apply that entails a walk through on DCF if you don't mind sharing?
Reply With Quote
  #2529 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2020, 04:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Time line

Anyone apply for sports sg? how long is their hiring process
Reply With Quote
  #2530 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2020, 08:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm been waiting 2 months for G50 clearance. No sound and emailed HR last week no reply at all.
Unlike previously they response me instantly.
My sense tell me something not right.
So I have decided to send resumes out to start job hunting again.
Worst case my G50 did not clear. Means I won't apply any guv or statboard job in future.
The waiting time and interview many round is pretty torture.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 1 02-09-2011 01:30 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How to start a small business
9 Replies, 1,781 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,396 Replies, 2,003,772 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
838 Replies, 570,327 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,508 Replies, 3,050,402 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,013 Replies, 3,836,002 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,659 Replies, 5,896,888 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
439 Replies, 314,757 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
80 Replies, 119,670 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
742 Replies, 371,939 Views
Passive income ideas? ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 17,746 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,999 Replies, 1,141,588 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
238 Replies, 223,479 Views
Interviews related ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 2,090 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,871 Replies, 1,746,528 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
850 Replies, 255,085 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,676 Replies, 1,122,029 Views
Looking for job referral,...
4 Replies, 411 Views
Progression in Career
1 Replies, 638 Views
Oil Majors vs. Trading House
4 Replies, 570 Views
Career advice
4 Replies, 2,470 Views
Big 4 audit exit options
0 Replies, 176 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 38,843 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 3,391 Views
Should I switch to a higher paying... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 2,253 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,452 Replies, 976,060 Views
GovTech / CSA / IMDA
0 Replies, 179 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
407 Replies, 267,847 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
474 Replies, 101,200 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
147 Replies, 29,710 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2