Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 255 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2541 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2020, 10:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 3
jobhunter2020 is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It can takes around 3months for G50 clearance.
Is G50 comes with different gate?


Last edited by jobhunter2020; 27-09-2020 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Question
Reply With Quote
  #2542 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2020, 10:54 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 3
jobhunter2020 is on a distinguished road
Default

Is G50 comes with different gate?

Reply With Quote
  #2543 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2020, 09:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter2020 View Post
Is G50 comes with different gate?
english please?

Reply With Quote
  #2544 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2020, 11:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Stat board calling back

I applied for a role under a stat board, after the 2nd round of interview, the stat board did not respond to me, and I thought I was rejected.

However 6 months later the team called me up and asked if I am still interested in the role, and whether I would like to be reconsidered. Anyone had such experiences? What are the chances of getting this job given this circumstances?
Reply With Quote
  #2545 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2020, 12:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Public Service Job

Hi,

recently I interviewed for an IT role in Public sector, after 2 rounds of interviews with the HR and directors (4 directors), I was offered the role by the directors on 11th September verbally.

HR say she will draft the contract and email to me in 2 weeks time. I submitted all my documents which they requested, including filling up the G50 Form.

The status in Career Gov SG Portal show: "In Process".

However, on Monday (3 days ago), I login to Career Gov SG Portal again, the status become: "unsuccessful". Like wtf?!

Then I email the HR on Tuesday (yesterday), till date no reply or any news from the HR.

Suddenly tio ghost by them.

What should I do now? Like everything is agreed already verbally, and pending HR to draft contract for me to sign. Then out of sudden the status become: unsuccessful. Email the HR also no reply. Anyone kena this before from Public Sector?
Reply With Quote
  #2546 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2020, 09:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

recently I interviewed for an IT role in Public sector, after 2 rounds of interviews with the HR and directors (4 directors), I was offered the role by the directors on 11th September verbally.

HR say she will draft the contract and email to me in 2 weeks time. I submitted all my documents which they requested, including filling up the G50 Form.

The status in Career Gov SG Portal show: "In Process".

However, on Monday (3 days ago), I login to Career Gov SG Portal again, the status become: "unsuccessful". Like wtf?!

Then I email the HR on Tuesday (yesterday), till date no reply or any news from the HR.

Suddenly tio ghost by them.

What should I do now? Like everything is agreed already verbally, and pending HR to draft contract for me to sign. Then out of sudden the status become: unsuccessful. Email the HR also no reply. Anyone kena this before from Public Sector?
Common tricks even for MNC. They have 2 to 3 candidates line up and waiting for them to sign up the offer. You might not be the first choice
Reply With Quote

  #2547 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2020, 10:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied for a role under a stat board, after the 2nd round of interview, the stat board did not respond to me, and I thought I was rejected.

However 6 months later the team called me up and asked if I am still interested in the role, and whether I would like to be reconsidered. Anyone had such experiences? What are the chances of getting this job given this circumstances?
Nope but its good that they have you in their radar still i guess. Will you still need to go for interviews all over again?

I mean if you want the job, there's no harm trying again. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #2548 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2020, 10:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Timeline for ministry after interview

Anyone heard from MOM after interview? How long do they take to get back to you ?
Reply With Quote
  #2549 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nope but its good that they have you in their radar still i guess. Will you still need to go for interviews all over again?

I mean if you want the job, there's no harm trying again. Good luck!
Nope, I was told that I do not have to reinterview nor resubmit my resume, they just wanted to do an interest check and said they will still consider other factors (such as new batch of applicants etc). So I am actually quite confused on the intent, as it is not to inform me that I have been selected, just seems to be in interest check.
Reply With Quote
  #2550 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2020, 01:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

recently I interviewed for an IT role in Public sector, after 2 rounds of interviews with the HR and directors (4 directors), I was offered the role by the directors on 11th September verbally.

HR say she will draft the contract and email to me in 2 weeks time. I submitted all my documents which they requested, including filling up the G50 Form.

The status in Career Gov SG Portal show: "In Process".

However, on Monday (3 days ago), I login to Career Gov SG Portal again, the status become: "unsuccessful". Like wtf?!

Then I email the HR on Tuesday (yesterday), till date no reply or any news from the HR.

Suddenly tio ghost by them.

What should I do now? Like everything is agreed already verbally, and pending HR to draft contract for me to sign. Then out of sudden the status become: unsuccessful. Email the HR also no reply. Anyone kena this before from Public Sector?
Only 1-2 days no reply. HR quite busy one sometimes. Why not you try to call in? quicker for you to get your answer. i think couple of people encounter the status changed to unsuccessful after their interview but end up was a glitch. so just call the HR to clarify.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 11 21-12-2023 10:54 PM
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,974 Replies, 2,096,987 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,692 Replies, 4,858,937 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,751 Replies, 1,355,517 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,203 Replies, 3,329,403 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 741,088 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 309,650 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 387,080 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,257 Replies, 6,390,558 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
460 Replies, 258,022 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,071 Replies, 2,245,744 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 985,253 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,646 Replies, 1,495,184 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
108 Replies, 73,250 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,275 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 711,852 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,258 Replies, 12,295,853 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 484,234 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
635 Replies, 321,771 Views
Company deduct air ticket from...
0 Replies, 164 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 156,433 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,759 Replies, 1,013,205 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,885 Replies, 10,194,017 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,756 Replies, 1,475,067 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,027 Replies, 425,222 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,197 Replies, 445,852 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,396 Replies, 1,342,687 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 97,602 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,077 Replies, 3,677,552 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,781 Replies, 4,579,702 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
298 Replies, 355,101 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2