IMDA (under MCI) - Page 123 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

IMDA (under MCI)

Old 30-01-2024, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"Established" D & DDs are those who hold supervisory positions for a relatively long period of time, before even the ascension of LCH. These are the bosses/leaders who demonstrated some semblance of competency. If I were to throw out a name, an example would be June Koh. As toxic and horrible she was in her leadership, she managed to get herself hired at another company through her competencies.

Another worth mentioning is the marketing and comms division. The current batch of D & DDs are quite recent, only come onboard imda during LCH's reign (read: majority of their predecessors most likely left because they ain't fans of LCH's mediocre leadership). It doesn't make sense for the previous batch of D & DDs to resign if they haven't secured a job first. It's probably easier for them to get hired at another place as marketing and comms ain't subjected to the ill effects of incompetent senior leadership that threaten their own professional competence.
Many from the current batch don't seem good.. industry wondering WTH is up with IMDA's hiring policies.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 30-01-2024, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

I'm not in the public sector but I liaise with numerous stat boards in my line of work. Without a doubt, the quality of talent in IMDA is subpar compared to other stat boards. Like what many others have commented, there's just nobody good enough in there these days.

Old 31-01-2024, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Many from the current batch don't seem good.. industry wondering WTH is up with IMDA's hiring policies.
The current batch from marketing & comms not good meh? The showmanship on social media is on fire leh. Although I wonder why they still don't have tiktok for imda. If have tiktok confirm more lit than other stat boards.

Old 31-01-2024, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm the 'poverty of leadership' commenter, heh. And it pains me to read your post. Am in ministry and the problems are exactly what you've documented here so clearly, except multiplied x10 because the ministry is much smaller, and obviously seen as a place for skorers to get an easy promotion and bounce on.

We are wholly dependent on IMDA colleagues, and the pathetic 'layerings' of 'policy input' we dribble on top of our submissions can't save entire divisions of staff who are ignorant (no fault of theirs if they are young and/or new), led by team leads/SADs/DDs/dirs who are equally ignorant and totally not invested in their staff because they know their time in the job is only temporary.

The absolute refusal by these 'leaders' (I never heard managers use this term on themselves 10 years ago but it seems to be very in vogue now to call oneself a leader as a substitute for real leadership) to recognize people with actual knowledge (they will gaslight you as being too 'ops' or 'technical'), and the insistence that people post out after two or three years max does not serve the staff, the organization and, ultimately, the country. However, dir-level positions are created seemingly every other month to create the illusion of advancement for scholars who bring nothing in terms of knowledge, and very little when it comes to people management.

But in the end, this wayang and exercise in musical chairs has to continue so that PSD is assured that it's maximised its ROI on the millions it spends each year on scholarships.

After all I've said above, you would think that the logical move is then to move to IMDA, and I've been fact heard this suggestion quite a few times. Unfortunately, after I've seen the effect LCH has even on long-serving staff, and what I've read in this forum, going to IMDA at this point would clearly be a leap from the frying pan into the inferno. Imagine my dismay when I heard that LCH's tenure at IMDA was extended for another two years because there was nowhere else in the public service he could move to.

I work with DCE Aileen's side of IMDA, and have nothing but respect for her. The IMDA colleagues I have spoken to feel the same. I wonder how she feels about the endless parade of SAF clowns and unqualified jokers who get to lord it over her when she's paid her dues and done her time.
LCH extended another 2 years?!?!

for ****'s sake PSD please just terminate him already
Old 02-02-2024, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
LCH extended another 2 years?!?!

for ****'s sake PSD please just terminate him already
Terminate LCH where can he go?

Imagine he go for interview:

Interviewers: What's your strength and weakness as a leader?

LCH: My weakness is that I'm an incompetent, insecure, narcissistic leader. But my greatest weakness is also my greatest strength; I'm most capable of driving away highly competent lay leaders (Ds & DDs) under my charge.

I suppose the most comforting truth for all imda staff is - even CE can't escape the stain he personally created on his resume!
Old 02-02-2024, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCivilServeant View Post
Nah, DG. That team that try to achieve digital inclusivity. What screw up EEE if they expect employees to gave favorable review. Heard that that person is now ostricisced by the extended team

There are also cases of "forcing" competent staff to early retirement. They ask a staff to take what Psychometric Test, and then told her/him that the scores is to requirement. I hope Karma will strike that HR/TC team one day, really damn evil.
One of my ex colleagues the contract renewal used to be every 2 years but HR suddenly informed that it's reduced to 1 year. During that final 1 year, the director deliberately assigned him with difficult tasks in order to pick on him and used it as a valid reason not to renew (performed a well rehearsed show alongside HR, clap clap clap) while another colleague who was obviously less competent but skilled in bootlicking was promoted. The decision making process behind the length of contract renewal and criteria for renewal aren't even transparent, it's just a tool used by HR to bully people. I also hope karma strikes them asap.

Old 09-02-2024, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
"Established" D & DDs are those who hold supervisory positions for a relatively long period of time, before even the ascension of LCH. These are the bosses/leaders who demonstrated some semblance of competency. If I were to throw out a name, an example would be June Koh. As toxic and horrible she was in her leadership, she managed to get herself hired at another company through her competencies.

Another worth mentioning is the marketing and comms division. The current batch of D & DDs are quite recent, only come onboard imda during LCH's reign (read: majority of their predecessors most likely left because they ain't fans of LCH's mediocre leadership). It doesn't make sense for the previous batch of D & DDs to resign if they haven't secured a job first. It's probably easier for them to get hired at another place as marketing and comms ain't subjected to the ill effects of incompetent senior leadership that threaten their own professional competence.
most have no competencies.. just playing system with their kakis and con ppl to do the work for their appraisal.. glassdoor comments real af

at least corp and marketing are real professions and skills
Old 13-02-2024, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

do not join this place unless you want to

1. take the rap for the big bosses when things go wrong

2. be subjected to mental torture every day

3. led by a useless CE who was parachuted and stuck here

4. do admin work but pretend you have an exciting career
Old 13-02-2024, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
read this as Mary for a split second..
Old 13-02-2024, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCivilServeant View Post
Yeap, the initiator is that AO also,an old faggot

DG is that digital for life lead
linkedin.com/in/adrian-ong-898296135

Adrian Ong was only promoted to D in 2018 but wrote 2016 on his linkedin

he is not only an abusive boss but a big fat liar too!