Lawyer Salary - Page 895 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8941 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2020, 02:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Has anyone experienced any incompetent seniors in their team?

I define incompetence on many levels:

1. Went to a university that is not in the LPA

2. Not Singapore called but still pretend to know and do Singapore law

3. Delegate everything downline but clearly in no position to supervise and will dominate everyone downline

4. Claim credit despite all the above and pretend to boss that all is done by him

5. When challenged by juniors he will act like a victim and allege bullying

6. Inflate hours and pretend to be v bz

I am tearing my hair out over a senior in my team. I am from an international law firm and for some lame reason this dude manage to get a permanent position. My boss and HR are purposely turning a blind eye to this despite it is shattering team morale, because this dude is of a minority race and they want to be seen to be diverse

Pls advise me what to do.
Which international firm so cui to even accept poorly qualified lawyer.

U gotta be joking.

Reply With Quote
  #8942 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2020, 03:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Has anyone experienced any incompetent seniors in their team?

I define incompetence on many levels:

1. Went to a university that is not in the LPA

2. Not Singapore called but still pretend to know and do Singapore law

3. Delegate everything downline but clearly in no position to supervise and will dominate everyone downline

4. Claim credit despite all the above and pretend to boss that all is done by him

5. When challenged by juniors he will act like a victim and allege bullying

6. Inflate hours and pretend to be v bz

I am tearing my hair out over a senior in my team. I am from an international law firm and for some lame reason this dude manage to get a permanent position. My boss and HR are purposely turning a blind eye to this despite it is shattering team morale, because this dude is of a minority race and they want to be seen to be diverse

Pls advise me what to do.
Mutiny. Report to Shanmugam on 1, 2 and 6. Quit.

Reply With Quote
  #8943 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2020, 03:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mutiny. Report to Shanmugam on 1, 2 and 6. Quit.
Report to Josephine Teo. Dont vote PAP.

Systemic foreign PMET ****

Reply With Quote
  #8944 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2020, 03:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which international firm so cui to even accept poorly qualified lawyer.

U gotta be joking.
Some lawyers are employed not because they are good lawyers, but because they are good rainmakers (or their parents are)
Reply With Quote
  #8945 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2020, 03:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some lawyers are employed not because they are good lawyers, but because they are good rainmakers (or their parents are)
I am talking about a senior associate.

Not a rainmaker. He is also not gandhis son so there is no white horse (pardon the pun not intended) connection.
Reply With Quote
  #8946 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2020, 03:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some lawyers are employed not because they are good lawyers, but because they are good rainmakers (or their parents are)
Excuse me. Are you THAT senior associate? If so hello - you are no bloody rainmaker. You are an eyesore. Please get out of our team and our land.
Reply With Quote

  #8947 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2020, 05:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Has anyone experienced any incompetent seniors in their team?

I define incompetence on many levels:

1. Went to a university that is not in the LPA

2. Not Singapore called but still pretend to know and do Singapore law

3. Delegate everything downline but clearly in no position to supervise and will dominate everyone downline

4. Claim credit despite all the above and pretend to boss that all is done by him

5. When challenged by juniors he will act like a victim and allege bullying

6. Inflate hours and pretend to be v bz

I am tearing my hair out over a senior in my team. I am from an international law firm and for some lame reason this dude manage to get a permanent position. My boss and HR are purposely turning a blind eye to this despite it is shattering team morale, because this dude is of a minority race and they want to be seen to be diverse

Pls advise me what to do.
Xe sounds like a pretty solid choice. Don't be racist or ableist. Don't assume xis gender either. It's basic courtesy to educate oneself on pronouns. I shouldn't have to tell one of my peers this. It's quite frankly disgusting to have to keep repeating this like as though you're hearing this for the first time. It's also not hard to show some basic respect for a fellow human being.

We need more diversity in the workplace. I am fully behind the various "bring your whole self to work" schemes that many international firms adhere to. Our local firms could learn a thing or two from such schemes. It is 2020. We should not have to pretend that we are acting out Mad Men in real life.

I know this phrase gets used a lot ironically these days. But I am completely serious when I say that your feelings mean nothing when you are so overprivileged. The need for more diverse representation in the workplace cannot be underestimated. I hope your firm continues to remain committed to diversity and greater representation of minorities across the spectrum.

Our local firms have a long way to go. But I believe we are slowly and steadily making progress in this regard.

I'm disappointed to read the other responses above. With the greatest possible respect, I urge each one of the preceding posters to do better. You appear to have no idea about the privilege each of you wield so carelessly.
Reply With Quote
  #8948 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2020, 05:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Xe sounds like a pretty solid choice. Don't be racist or ableist. Don't assume xis gender either. It's basic courtesy to educate oneself on pronouns. I shouldn't have to tell one of my peers this. It's quite frankly disgusting to have to keep repeating this like as though you're hearing this for the first time. It's also not hard to show some basic respect for a fellow human being.

We need more diversity in the workplace. I am fully behind the various "bring your whole self to work" schemes that many international firms adhere to. Our local firms could learn a thing or two from such schemes. It is 2020. We should not have to pretend that we are acting out Mad Men in real life.

I know this phrase gets used a lot ironically these days. But I am completely serious when I say that your feelings mean nothing when you are so overprivileged. The need for more diverse representation in the workplace cannot be underestimated. I hope your firm continues to remain committed to diversity and greater representation of minorities across the spectrum.

Our local firms have a long way to go. But I believe we are slowly and steadily making progress in this regard.

I'm disappointed to read the other responses above. With the greatest possible respect, I urge each one of the preceding posters to do better. You appear to have no idea about the privilege each of you wield so carelessly.
The point is about an incompetent senior who happens to be an overly privileged minority and not about minorities per se.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8949 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2020, 05:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Xe sounds like a pretty solid choice. Don't be racist or ableist. Don't assume xis gender either. It's basic courtesy to educate oneself on pronouns. I shouldn't have to tell one of my peers this. It's quite frankly disgusting to have to keep repeating this like as though you're hearing this for the first time. It's also not hard to show some basic respect for a fellow human being.

We need more diversity in the workplace. I am fully behind the various "bring your whole self to work" schemes that many international firms adhere to. Our local firms could learn a thing or two from such schemes. It is 2020. We should not have to pretend that we are acting out Mad Men in real life.

I know this phrase gets used a lot ironically these days. But I am completely serious when I say that your feelings mean nothing when you are so overprivileged. The need for more diverse representation in the workplace cannot be underestimated. I hope your firm continues to remain committed to diversity and greater representation of minorities across the spectrum.

Our local firms have a long way to go. But I believe we are slowly and steadily making progress in this regard.

I'm disappointed to read the other responses above. With the greatest possible respect, I urge each one of the preceding posters to do better. You appear to have no idea about the privilege each of you wield so carelessly.
There is a difference between an incompetent senior who happens to be an overly privileged minority vs a minority per se. There's something called meritocracy.
Reply With Quote
  #8950 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2020, 06:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Xe sounds like a pretty solid choice. Don't be racist or ableist. Don't assume xis gender either. It's basic courtesy to educate oneself on pronouns. I shouldn't have to tell one of my peers this. It's quite frankly disgusting to have to keep repeating this like as though you're hearing this for the first time. It's also not hard to show some basic respect for a fellow human being.

We need more diversity in the workplace. I am fully behind the various "bring your whole self to work" schemes that many international firms adhere to. Our local firms could learn a thing or two from such schemes. It is 2020. We should not have to pretend that we are acting out Mad Men in real life.

I know this phrase gets used a lot ironically these days. But I am completely serious when I say that your feelings mean nothing when you are so overprivileged. The need for more diverse representation in the workplace cannot be underestimated. I hope your firm continues to remain committed to diversity and greater representation of minorities across the spectrum.

Our local firms have a long way to go. But I believe we are slowly and steadily making progress in this regard.

I'm disappointed to read the other responses above. With the greatest possible respect, I urge each one of the preceding posters to do better. You appear to have no idea about the privilege each of you wield so carelessly.
Why am i overprivileged
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,648 Replies, 4,584,009 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,666 Replies, 4,345,209 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
471 Replies, 270,934 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,551 Replies, 7,329,893 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,732 Replies, 1,404,989 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 2,872 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,021 Replies, 736,540 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,598 Replies, 1,268,083 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
616 Replies, 95,936 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,331 Replies, 569,159 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
866 Replies, 218,886 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,058 Replies, 2,516,932 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 34,574 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 368,951 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,514 Replies, 729,085 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 451,944 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,997 Replies, 2,491,550 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,909 Replies, 1,741,373 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 56,719 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
350 Replies, 151,473 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,844 Replies, 606,297 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 25,928 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
298 Replies, 99,399 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,920 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 639,752 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 23,872 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 69,862 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,093 Replies, 1,310,124 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
229 Replies, 106,875 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 33,066 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2