Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 69 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #681 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i think 5200-5500 is for AM, M1 is S$6k onwards...
So roughly how much do M1 get paid? The figure I heard 5 years ago was 6.5 to 7k.

Reply With Quote
  #682 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So roughly how much do M1 get paid? The figure I heard 5 years ago was 6.5 to 7k.
M1 is about 6.2 to 7k
M2 is about 6.8k to 7.4k

This range still stands...

Reply With Quote
  #683 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2018, 01:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, anyone knows what are the chances of a distance degree holder from PSB and Kaplan that one can get into the Big 4 as an Auditor post? Or are the Big 4 generally looking at local U and overseas grads only? Thank you

Reply With Quote
  #684 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2018, 09:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, anyone knows what are the chances of a distance degree holder from PSB and Kaplan that one can get into the Big 4 as an Auditor post? Or are the Big 4 generally looking at local U and overseas grads only? Thank you
Audit is quite easy to get into (relatively speaking), even if you may not start at A1.
Reply With Quote
  #685 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2018, 10:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for the input.

Really? Because I heard it is not easy to get into the Big 4.. So I am not sure if I should study locally in private uni or invest the huge amt of money to study overseas so it may look more "prestigious".

Could you explain this sentence "Even if you may not start at A1"? Isn't A1 considered as the most fresh grads?

Also, if says I do not have any Audit experiences but I do have 5 yrs of work experiences, will my salary be the same as A1?
Reply With Quote
  #686 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for the input.

Really? Because I heard it is not easy to get into the Big 4.. So I am not sure if I should study locally in private uni or invest the huge amt of money to study overseas so it may look more "prestigious".

Could you explain this sentence "Even if you may not start at A1"? Isn't A1 considered as the most fresh grads?

Also, if says I do not have any Audit experiences but I do have 5 yrs of work experiences, will my salary be the same as A1?
There is a grade below A1 called AA.

Don't waste money, private uni is private uni, whether local or overseas. Unless you tell me you are going to something like LSE overseas vs Kaplan locally.
Reply With Quote

  #687 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2018, 01:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for the input.

Really? Because I heard it is not easy to get into the Big 4.. So I am not sure if I should study locally in private uni or invest the huge amt of money to study overseas so it may look more "prestigious".

Could you explain this sentence "Even if you may not start at A1"? Isn't A1 considered as the most fresh grads?

Also, if says I do not have any Audit experiences but I do have 5 yrs of work experiences, will my salary be the same as A1?
big4, audit especially, has an alarming attrition rate. if you are from local uni, it's easy cos you can apply through TURF and also you may have internships with any of the big4 previously.

for distance learning degrees in PSB / Kaplan, honestly you stand a greater chance applying to mid-tier firms before hopping over to big4 after the 2year bond... i've heard many SIM UOL graduates not receiving a reply from Big4 (be it fresh / experienced associates)

and lastly, yes, it doesn't matter how many years of experience you have... you have no bargaining power since you are going to start at entry position... and even you are joining as an experienced associate, the "title" that they will be offering you will roughly let you know the salary band already,

i.e. SA2 or M1 or AM, etc
Reply With Quote
  #688 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2018, 07:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
big4, audit especially, has an alarming attrition rate. if you are from local uni, it's easy cos you can apply through TURF and also you may have internships with any of the big4 previously.

for distance learning degrees in PSB / Kaplan, honestly you stand a greater chance applying to mid-tier firms before hopping over to big4 after the 2year bond... i've heard many SIM UOL graduates not receiving a reply from Big4 (be it fresh / experienced associates)

and lastly, yes, it doesn't matter how many years of experience you have... you have no bargaining power since you are going to start at entry position... and even you are joining as an experienced associate, the "title" that they will be offering you will roughly let you know the salary band already,

i.e. SA2 or M1 or AM, etc
Typically those SIM-UOL grads who managed to get into Big 4 as fresh grads were those who actively networked during their undergrad days. Never heard of anyone from PSB/Kaplan who entered Big 4 as a fresh grad.
Reply With Quote
  #689 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2018, 12:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 75400

Thank you all for the replies.

Unfortunately I only have two choices which is either locally private uni (Kaplan/PSB only) or study overseas. Even SIM-UOL is not in my list.

The cheapest for mid-tier Aus Uni, QUT, would even cost me A$80-90K tentatively for 2 years tuition fees + expenses. So I am not sure if I should just stay put in SG or study overseas so I have a "better chance" to get into Big4 after I grad. Studying overseas really cost a huge sum of amount so I am not sure if it is even worth the ROI.

Is there a huge difference for fresh grads salary between Big 4 and Mid-tier firms?
Reply With Quote
  #690 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank you all for the replies.

Unfortunately I only have two choices which is either locally private uni (Kaplan/PSB only) or study overseas. Even SIM-UOL is not in my list.

The cheapest for mid-tier Aus Uni, QUT, would even cost me A$80-90K tentatively for 2 years tuition fees + expenses. So I am not sure if I should just stay put in SG or study overseas so I have a "better chance" to get into Big4 after I grad. Studying overseas really cost a huge sum of amount so I am not sure if it is even worth the ROI.

Is there a huge difference for fresh grads salary between Big 4 and Mid-tier firms?
Why is SIM not on your list? I think you're mistaken with regards to the job market here. Mid-tier Aus unis aren't looked upon highly in Singapore, so don't be stupid risking 2 years and 80K AUD thinking it's a road to Big 4. Mid-tier firms pay lower salaries, but do you think you're in a position to be choosy?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 25-09-2007 12:55 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,811 Replies, 1,495,616 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,456 Replies, 6,414,525 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
192 Replies, 55,795 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,579 Replies, 1,452,511 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,784 Replies, 1,105,641 Views
Can share your your car...
9 Replies, 1,694 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,273 Replies, 3,513,635 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
164 Replies, 42,699 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
498 Replies, 306,238 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,612 Replies, 2,177,631 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
98 Replies, 96,424 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,571 Replies, 362,542 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 44,705 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
276 Replies, 58,369 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
816 Replies, 415,149 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 8,522 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 9,207 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 2,269 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
99 Replies, 85,584 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,117 Replies, 1,973,346 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
260 Replies, 169,540 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 2,384 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,899 Replies, 1,303,481 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
892 Replies, 622,796 Views
Summer Internship 2021
1 Replies, 143 Views
lazada/shopee fresh grad starting... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 2,421 Views
Electricity generator
4 Replies, 577 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2