Compare civil service salary - Page 832 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8311 (permalink)  
Old 25-06-2019, 08:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fch non local 3.950 male ns offered at statboard

Reply With Quote
  #8312 (permalink)  
Old 25-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Capped by grade or Cep?

Hi,

I have been informed by my supervisor that I won't be promoted this year. Another colleague (same grade as me) would be promoted instead, as she needs the rank to have more authority leading her team which she has unofficially been leading for a while. She was promoted in 2017, got a C+ that year and B+ in 2018, while I got B in both years (even though I joined I 2017 and ought to get default grade of C). She has been with the organisation for 5 years, while I have been there for only 2. Notwithstanding this, I am still peeved that I am not promoted as it now means that I have hit my salary cap as Mx11.

My supervisor said that my Cep is high and I just need to further develop leadership skills. Dunno to believe him or not, haha. But is it possible that I can still be promoted despite hitting my grade's salary cap? Is it a norm to have to get more than 2 Bs to be promoted? I am just wondering if I have been unfairly treated.



SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8313 (permalink)  
Old 25-06-2019, 11:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I have been informed by my supervisor that I won't be promoted this year. Another colleague (same grade as me) would be promoted instead, as she needs the rank to have more authority leading her team which she has unofficially been leading for a while. She was promoted in 2017, got a C+ that year and B+ in 2018, while I got B in both years (even though I joined I 2017 and ought to get default grade of C). She has been with the organisation for 5 years, while I have been there for only 2. Notwithstanding this, I am still peeved that I am not promoted as it now means that I have hit my salary cap as Mx11.

My supervisor said that my Cep is high and I just need to further develop leadership skills. Dunno to believe him or not, haha. But is it possible that I can still be promoted despite hitting my grade's salary cap? Is it a norm to have to get more than 2 Bs to be promoted? I am just wondering if I have been unfairly treated.
why hitting salary cap cannot be promoted? don dishearted, i assumed she is in MX11 to 5 years? if following time norm, she would had been promoted before u.
u r only in your second year, most pro will be promoted next year, else it time to go since hitting ceiling.... also think on a bright side, a MX11 ceiling of $7119 + at least a 10% promotion increment will give u ~$7830 or a $712 increment which is better isnt it?

Reply With Quote
  #8314 (permalink)  
Old 26-06-2019, 08:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why hitting salary cap cannot be promoted? don dishearted, i assumed she is in MX11 to 5 years? if following time norm, she would had been promoted before u.
u r only in your second year, most pro will be promoted next year, else it time to go since hitting ceiling.... also think on a bright side, a MX11 ceiling of $7119 + at least a 10% promotion increment will give u ~$7830 or a $712 increment which is better isnt it?
if hit ceiling then the next cycle if promoted no merit increment, means the total increment is much less. if normally promoted, you will get merit increment first then promo increment second.
Reply With Quote
  #8315 (permalink)  
Old 26-06-2019, 10:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if hit ceiling then the next cycle if promoted no merit increment, means the total increment is much less. if normally promoted, you will get merit increment first then promo increment second.
by the way, new in PS.. in a SB now just wondering what is the usual increment for a average performer? anyone can share?


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8316 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2019, 04:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
by the way, new in PS.. in a SB now just wondering what is the usual increment for a average performer? anyone can share?
Depend on grade/post. Quite stupid to ask qn never give information. What stat board also plays a part. With your limited info, the increment is btw $0-1000
Reply With Quote

  #8317 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2019, 07:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depend on grade/post. Quite stupid to ask qn never give information. What stat board also plays a part. With your limited info, the increment is btw $0-1000
150 max for you
Reply With Quote
  #8318 (permalink)  
Old 28-06-2019, 01:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
by the way, new in PS.. in a SB now just wondering what is the usual increment for a average performer? anyone can share?
typically 3 to 6%


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8319 (permalink)  
Old 28-06-2019, 07:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yes, i agree with this post.

not easy to explain this to people outside CS/PS.

So if the ceiling is 7500 and it has been reached, the total increment next year (if promoted) will just be 250 (= promotion increment). No Merit increment.

Correct right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if hit ceiling then the next cycle if promoted no merit increment, means the total increment is much less. if normally promoted, you will get merit increment first then promo increment second.
Reply With Quote
  #8320 (permalink)  
Old 28-06-2019, 09:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, i agree with this post.

not easy to explain this to people outside CS/PS.

So if the ceiling is 7500 and it has been reached, the total increment next year (if promoted) will just be 250 (= promotion increment). No Merit increment.

Correct right?
that's bad.. but from the other angle..

once you are promoted, you will get promotion increment and then apply merit increment in your promoted grade, isn't it also possible?

btw, how come i see so many posts hitting ceiling, is it so common? i dont hear (or maybe they dont share) any of my colleague hitting ceiling.. even for a colleague who join as mx11 10 yrs ago and currently at mx11a
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 03:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 01:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 11:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 02:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 7,781 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 88,882 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,171 Replies, 203,308 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,894 Replies, 1,747,089 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
313 Replies, 53,788 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,741 Replies, 489,255 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,591 Replies, 975,601 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,043 Replies, 1,380,207 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
614 Replies, 310,374 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 45,082 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,254 Replies, 1,018,234 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,853 Replies, 3,610,744 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,768 Replies, 829,908 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
382 Replies, 170,548 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement...
8 Replies, 2,759 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
288 Replies, 226,523 Views
Govtech bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 12,392 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
832 Replies, 418,775 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,865 Replies, 2,103,878 Views
Need career advice
4 Replies, 788 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector)
9 Replies, 1,163 Views
is it crazy to give up a 100k P.A... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 21,769 Views
Career switches - job options and... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 2,359 Views
OCBC Young Bankers Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 71,155 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,370 Replies, 538,831 Views
Job search for returning...
1 Replies, 328 Views
Infineon Technologies
1 Replies, 251 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,065 Replies, 473,594 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
117 Replies, 76,729 Views
Schneider Electric - EGP (Grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 13,680 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2