Compare civil service salary - Page 671 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6701 (permalink)  
Old 25-11-2017, 10:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Joined stat board in 2008 (starting pay $2500)

Still in stat board in 2017 (drawing pay $9000)
- constant above avg/top performer
- avg bonus (including aws) = 5-6 months
- promoted twice
- hitting salary ceiling

Not sure CEP is affected by the fact that my degree is not from Sibgapore. (1 year Australia, 1 year distance learning)

Think it will be hard for me to cross the next salary scale. Any thoughts or anyone here in similar situations?

Thanks
You are lucky for a overseas degree holder. How is your grade now? Ceiling is very real for overseas degree holders.

Reply With Quote
  #6702 (permalink)  
Old 25-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Joined stat board in 2008 (starting pay $2500)

Still in stat board in 2017 (drawing pay $9000)
- constant above avg/top performer
- avg bonus (including aws) = 5-6 months
- promoted twice
- hitting salary ceiling

Not sure CEP is affected by the fact that my degree is not from Sibgapore. (1 year Australia, 1 year distance learning)

Think it will be hard for me to cross the next salary scale. Any thoughts or anyone here in similar situations?

Thanks
My company like STE, even with constant A/B grader, won't even hit 9k in 10 years from fresh grad

Reply With Quote
  #6703 (permalink)  
Old 25-11-2017, 01:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It seems a bit unbelievable to get to $9000 from $2500 with only two promotions. If include average 5% annual increment and 20% promotion increment, it is just $5300. Able to provide breakdown on how you get to $9000?

Furthermore, if I use the mx scheme salary scale range, $9000 is either Above or equate to the highest band of MX11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Joined stat board in 2008 (starting pay $2500)

Still in stat board in 2017 (drawing pay $9000)
- constant above avg/top performer
- avg bonus (including aws) = 5-6 months
- promoted twice
- hitting salary ceiling

Not sure CEP is affected by the fact that my degree is not from Sibgapore. (1 year Australia, 1 year distance learning)

Think it will be hard for me to cross the next salary scale. Any thoughts or anyone here in similar situations?

Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #6704 (permalink)  
Old 25-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It seems a bit unbelievable to get to $9000 from $2500 with only two promotions. If include average 5% annual increment and 20% promotion increment, it is just $5300. Able to provide breakdown on how you get to $9000?

Furthermore, if I use the mx scheme salary scale range, $9000 is either Above or equate to the highest band of MX11.
dont say 5%, even 10% increment each year and 2 x 20% promotion increment also cant hit 9k within 10 years.

confirm BS
Reply With Quote
  #6705 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dont say 5%, even 10% increment each year and 2 x 20% promotion increment also cant hit 9k within 10 years.

confirm BS
I have a colleague who joined in 2008 with 2nd upper and hit her MX11a ceiling ($8555) in 2017. I am reasonably sure she didn't bluff me.

Therefore it is possible that someone is able to hit 9K in 9 years. I'm guessing that the VMI for top performers is way higher than for above average performers.
Reply With Quote
  #6706 (permalink)  
Old 28-11-2017, 12:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone knows the salary range to expect for a Snr Health Policy Analyst at MOH? 4-5 years of relevant experience. Thanks!
Hi, anyone knows?
Reply With Quote

  #6707 (permalink)  
Old 28-11-2017, 03:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a colleague who joined in 2008 with 2nd upper and hit her MX11a ceiling ($8555) in 2017. I am reasonably sure she didn't bluff me.

Therefore it is possible that someone is able to hit 9K in 9 years. I'm guessing that the VMI for top performers is way higher than for above average performers.
Did U compare same base? 9K in 9 years possible but she might join in 2008 with maybe 3-4K starting? This poster is saying he have 2.5K starting and reach 9K in 9 years which is not likely.
Reply With Quote
  #6708 (permalink)  
Old 28-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

2.5K to 9K in 9 years for CS is highly unlikely. To reach 11a ceiling suggest she has been in 11a for a few years, meaning she has to get from 13 to 11a within a very short period.
Reply With Quote
  #6709 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2017, 03:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default offer

was offered 4.4k designated as MX13 on contract basis in a ministry

is this normal ?

i observe the band for mx13 band is pretty wide.. does the starting pay within this band reflect your CEP?
Reply With Quote
  #6710 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
was offered 4.4k designated as MX13 on contract basis in a ministry

is this normal ?

i observe the band for mx13 band is pretty wide.. does the starting pay within this band reflect your CEP?
CEP is dependent on your qualifications and previous experiences if not fresh grad. 4.4K for MX13 is not exactly normal, either you have outstanding grades or you job has some special scheme.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 149 15-06-2021 09:35 AM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,412 Replies, 4,853,989 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
523 Replies, 349,590 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,751 Replies, 7,506,719 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,130 Replies, 276,734 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 39,926 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
525 Replies, 299,129 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,213 Replies, 2,603,476 Views
Career options for a fresh...
8 Replies, 958 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
338 Replies, 149,771 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,469 Replies, 1,407,288 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,797 Replies, 4,425,325 Views
Working at Changi Business Park ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 7,616 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,077 Replies, 2,586,269 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,157 Replies, 1,725,118 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,885 Replies, 631,481 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,127 Replies, 1,333,483 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,962 Replies, 1,819,024 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,106 Replies, 554,979 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
485 Replies, 290,729 Views
New Job Offer that only match... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 5,088 Views
Can share your your car... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 15,251 Views
Facility Engineer ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 7,823 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 11,591 Views
Shell Graduate program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
160 Replies, 146,581 Views
FD Technologies
0 Replies, 54 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,071 Replies, 570,082 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,944 Replies, 1,468,110 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 10,156 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2