Compare civil service salary - Page 591 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5901 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did talk to my big boss few years ago to give me chances like committee etc. But instead she gv all the chances to others to help them. I had many times wana resign or transfer cos someone ever told me if I can't chg my boss then chg my job or co lor. Finally the day came when my sup arranged for a conversation with my D who said that I hv been performing well but just that too low profile and to gv him some time to help me. So he really gv me chances to perform and that's how I gt promoted. To add on, my big boss was changed and I was promoted under another big boss.
Typically, it's kind of a game cycle..all average workers will receive their chance(ultimately the big boss decide when is yours time). When your is turn not yet(typically their excuse "you are not ready", "others too good", "it very competitive this year", no "vacant" and etc), will surely put your side first for time being, and you only have to wait till your turn come....
But, if you are somebody they see with very high potential, they will never wait to load you with as much as possible high profile tasks to justify your promotion every year.

Reply With Quote
  #5902 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2016, 10:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Ranking grade..

Sometimes i really doubt the ranking system. In my dept, i feel that it is all based on impression and favoritism.. Its like a show and tell session and past records do show that if one threaten to quit, ranking grades for next year will be good.

Really kelong.

Reply With Quote
  #5903 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Typically, it's kind of a game cycle..all average workers will receive their chance(ultimately the big boss decide when is yours time). When your is turn not yet(typically their excuse "you are not ready", "others too good", "it very competitive this year", no "vacant" and etc), will surely put your side first for time being, and you only have to wait till your turn come....
But, if you are somebody they see with very high potential, they will never wait to load you with as much as possible high profile tasks to justify your promotion every year.
I'm afraid my turn will never come cos some of those who joined later than me are always nominated for high profile work or comms etc. I believe there's a 'fave' list in the bosses' mind cos it's always the same staff being nom for comm. Then the bosses still said 'oh cos what u are doing are routine work unlike who and who....' My ex-big boss asked me how long i hv worked here, I said xxx and she seemed surprised that I hv been working for quite a awhile. I was thinking so all these years of hard work was for nth cos my boss don't even bother abt it. No wonder my cep has never been reviewed for the first 6 years which I felt was the cause of my average grade all this while. I hv done so much for my sec as my sup always delegate a lot of work and meetings to me which I hv always diligently followed up. Every year, I hv this strong feeling that I was being swept to the bottom few of the ranking of my dept. Some younger staff who worked lesser years than me in other dept are alr promoted. I won't feel so used if my sup never gv me much work to do since there's no recognition. My colleague told me 'don't worry just do ur job well and the boss will know it and reward u'. Think it only works if its the right boss.

Reply With Quote
  #5904 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Such is life. when things dont break down and keep moving, nobody notice. When you are missing, then they realize your importance.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm afraid my turn will never come cos some of those who joined later than me are always nominated for high profile work or comms etc. I believe there's a 'fave' list in the bosses' mind cos it's always the same staff being nom for comm. Then the bosses still said 'oh cos what u are doing are routine work unlike who and who....' My ex-big boss asked me how long i hv worked here, I said xxx and she seemed surprised that I hv been working for quite a awhile. I was thinking so all these years of hard work was for nth cos my boss don't even bother abt it. No wonder my cep has never been reviewed for the first 6 years which I felt was the cause of my average grade all this while. I hv done so much for my sec as my sup always delegate a lot of work and meetings to me which I hv always diligently followed up. Every year, I hv this strong feeling that I was being swept to the bottom few of the ranking of my dept. Some younger staff who worked lesser years than me in other dept are alr promoted. I won't feel so used if my sup never gv me much work to do since there's no recognition. My colleague told me 'don't worry just do ur job well and the boss will know it and reward u'. Think it only works if its the right boss.
Reply With Quote
  #5905 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2016, 11:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sometimes i really doubt the ranking system. In my dept, i feel that it is all based on impression and favoritism.. Its like a show and tell session and past records do show that if one threaten to quit, ranking grades for next year will be good.

Really kelong.
It's the harsh reality sadly. What's the point of doing work review when the ranking has alr been done. There's no discussion or anything with my sup or bosses. My sup will only tell me what new targets I need to do. Agreed with u, I hv a co-worker who threatened to resign afew times and he was promoted. I feel that when a staff has been working silently for long, the mgt somehow knows that the person will never leave and pass the person over for promotion.
Reply With Quote
  #5906 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2016, 11:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Such is life. when things dont break down and keep moving, nobody notice. When you are missing, then they realize your importance.
Ya right! I hv been helping my sup to manage our MSOs in our sec and I hv been taken for granted as I wld do most of the work myself. So when I'm not ard, they will then 'disturb' my sup who will ask them to follow up. But I hv told them that it's not fair that they always pass the work to me as I alr hv a lot work to do just cos they are scared of my sup.
Reply With Quote

  #5907 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm afraid my turn will never come cos some of those who joined later than me are always nominated for high profile work or comms etc. I believe there's a 'fave' list in the bosses' mind cos it's always the same staff being nom for comm. Then the bosses still said 'oh cos what u are doing are routine work unlike who and who....' My ex-big boss asked me how long i hv worked here, I said xxx and she seemed surprised that I hv been working for quite a awhile. I was thinking so all these years of hard work was for nth cos my boss don't even bother abt it. No wonder my cep has never been reviewed for the first 6 years which I felt was the cause of my average grade all this while. I hv done so much for my sec as my sup always delegate a lot of work and meetings to me which I hv always diligently followed up. Every year, I hv this strong feeling that I was being swept to the bottom few of the ranking of my dept. Some younger staff who worked lesser years than me in other dept are alr promoted. I won't feel so used if my sup never gv me much work to do since there's no recognition. My colleague told me 'don't worry just do ur job well and the boss will know it and reward u'. Think it only works if its the right boss.
Average mean most(70%, 80%...) people belong to that category. You are definitely not alone feeling such...

Consider to Leave....If you feel strongly you are seriously under-paid in comparison with market rate, seriously under-rated in performance as you have bigger dream and ambition to fulfll ....or you can't continue to work having to worry being label by other "can't make it".....

You current pay(relative with others) is something bosses may consider before promoting you. You will never knew how much all of your colleagues getting, only the big boss knew. Who know if some are getting slightly lesser than you, happen that both of your doing similar work....

Promotion is not free lunch... it comes with a price to pay
Reply With Quote
  #5908 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's the harsh reality sadly. What's the point of doing work review when the ranking has alr been done. There's no discussion or anything with my sup or bosses. My sup will only tell me what new targets I need to do. Agreed with u, I hv a co-worker who threatened to resign afew times and he was promoted. I feel that when a staff has been working silently for long, the mgt somehow knows that the person will never leave and pass the person over for promotion.
Nobody is indispensable....threatened to quit for promotion is silly, bosses may rather make plan for a standby or reserve, incase you leave them abruptly with tones of leftover work.

You co-worker who threatened...surely average performer, but work extra hard for very long, happened that turn for promotion come along


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5909 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

private sector bah haha
Reply With Quote
  #5910 (permalink)  
Old 20-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Average mean most(70%, 80%...) people belong to that category. You are definitely not alone feeling such...

Consider to Leave....If you feel strongly you are seriously under-paid in comparison with market rate, seriously under-rated in performance as you have bigger dream and ambition to fulfll ....or you can't continue to work having to worry being label by other "can't make it".....

You current pay(relative with others) is something bosses may consider before promoting you. You will never knew how much all of your colleagues getting, only the big boss knew. Who know if some are getting slightly lesser than you, happen that both of your doing similar work....

Promotion is not free lunch... it comes with a price to pay
It's never free lunch I know that as I worked my ass off for it. The year before my promo was the most stress year I had. Then some other ppl including my sup still asked me how long I hv worked cos long ago it's default promo based on seniority. Well, I believe I hv done much more work or even same kinda work as those who were promoted with higher pay. So don't know what they are complaining abt. One of my col who gt default promo long ago commented 'it's Gd that at least ur gt promoted for ur hard work'. Those who gt default promo somehow had the thinking that I was lucky to get my promo before my 'default' year. Actually there's no more default promo now as everyone hv to work for it if they want promo.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 149 15-06-2021 09:35 AM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,524 Replies, 1,979,544 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,451 Replies, 738,125 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,512 Replies, 10,950,965 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,362 Replies, 1,207,746 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,027 Replies, 520,331 Views
31 yo private uni grad. Is there... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
74 Replies, 5,540 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,983 Replies, 1,724,758 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
943 Replies, 501,077 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,858 Replies, 7,295,084 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,803 Replies, 5,631,188 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,146 Replies, 4,980,299 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,684 Replies, 2,686,522 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,628 Replies, 4,043,990 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
9 Replies, 976 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,400 Replies, 6,682,218 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,219 Replies, 2,617,984 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,554 Replies, 13,055,304 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,971 Replies, 1,589,055 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,602 Replies, 1,281,899 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,648 Replies, 3,693,496 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
518 Replies, 290,849 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
953 Replies, 580,508 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
435 Replies, 539,524 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 35,157 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 11,576 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
216 Replies, 197,487 Views
Salary Calculation
8 Replies, 6,098 Views
Salary increment
3 Replies, 383 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
367 Replies, 414,816 Views
DSO (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 73,087 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2