Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm afraid my turn will never come cos some of those who joined later than me are always nominated for high profile work or comms etc. I believe there's a 'fave' list in the bosses' mind cos it's always the same staff being nom for comm. Then the bosses still said 'oh cos what u are doing are routine work unlike who and who....' My ex-big boss asked me how long i hv worked here, I said xxx and she seemed surprised that I hv been working for quite a awhile. I was thinking so all these years of hard work was for nth cos my boss don't even bother abt it. No wonder my cep has never been reviewed for the first 6 years which I felt was the cause of my average grade all this while. I hv done so much for my sec as my sup always delegate a lot of work and meetings to me which I hv always diligently followed up. Every year, I hv this strong feeling that I was being swept to the bottom few of the ranking of my dept. Some younger staff who worked lesser years than me in other dept are alr promoted. I won't feel so used if my sup never gv me much work to do since there's no recognition. My colleague told me 'don't worry just do ur job well and the boss will know it and reward u'. Think it only works if its the right boss.
Average mean most(70%, 80%...) people belong to that category. You are definitely not alone feeling such...

Consider to Leave....If you feel strongly you are seriously under-paid in comparison with market rate, seriously under-rated in performance as you have bigger dream and ambition to fulfll ....or you can't continue to work having to worry being label by other "can't make it".....

You current pay(relative with others) is something bosses may consider before promoting you. You will never knew how much all of your colleagues getting, only the big boss knew. Who know if some are getting slightly lesser than you, happen that both of your doing similar work....

Promotion is not free lunch... it comes with a price to pay