Compare civil service salary - Page 360 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3591 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Today my agency announced promotion. See a not-so-competent colleague promoted while those around helping him due to his incompetency aren't promoted. Wonder if the system is really fair.

However, the not-so-competent fellow did get all the "scolding" from boss for the screw-up.

Reply With Quote
  #3592 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Today my agency announced promotion. See a not-so-competent colleague promoted while those around helping him due to his incompetency aren't promoted. Wonder if the system is really fair.

However, the not-so-competent fellow did get all the "scolding" from boss for the screw-up.
typical public service scenario, maybe it's time to seek greener pastures elsewhere.

Reply With Quote
  #3593 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 12:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down

Mi is out at PAC @ gov. Login clock current salary scale range .

Mx12 B grade increase $204.... Seemi lan jiao.... So much for a B... I thought at least have $277 or $244. Pui chao nua... Work so hard still like this...

Reply With Quote
  #3594 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
juventusfc27 is on a distinguished road
Default

i would like to ask is it possible for a UniSIM grad to apply n work as a MX? any1 who's a grad from UniSIM / has friends or colleagues that graduated from UniSIM and is working as MX now can help?

thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #3595 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mi is out at PAC @ gov. Login clock current salary scale range .

Mx12 B grade increase $204.... Seemi lan jiao.... So much for a B... I thought at least have $277 or $244. Pui chao nua... Work so hard still like this...
Dude, the increment is in terms of percentage. So if your base is high, your increment will be higher. I'm assuming for B, the increment is 5%. That means your salary is around $4k now. You mentioned you're MX12, that would mean you've worked for at least 1 year, and this would be your 2nd year or 3rd year. Hypothetically speaking, if your starting salary is $3500, that would imply an increment of $700+ in 2 - 3 years, which isn't too shabby isn't it?

It's not like you're on any programme nor are you a scholar. This is the fate of farmers in the public service. If you do slog it past the initial 10 years, you will enjoy better salary, better bonus, better increments, and have good job stability.
Reply With Quote
  #3596 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mi is out at PAC @ gov. Login clock current salary scale range .

Mx12 B grade increase $204.... Seemi lan jiao.... So much for a B... I thought at least have $277 or $244. Pui chao nua... Work so hard still like this...
Are u referring to clicking pay info>current salary scale/range and point......i did nt but did nt see any increment ler.....am i missing some steps?????
Reply With Quote

  #3597 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juventusfc27 View Post
i would like to ask is it possible for a UniSIM grad to apply n work as a MX? any1 who's a grad from UniSIM / has friends or colleagues that graduated from UniSIM and is working as MX now can help?

thanks.
I am a mx13. Grad from unisim 2012.
Reply With Quote
  #3598 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are u referring to clicking pay info>current salary scale/range and point......i did nt but did nt see any increment ler.....am i missing some steps?????
[email protected] only shows the latest salary after MI right?
how about increment due to promotion? i was informed i would be promoted but the range seems to be showing the old salary grade
Reply With Quote
  #3599 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
[email protected] only shows the latest salary after MI right?
how about increment due to promotion? i was informed i would be promoted but the range seems to be showing the old salary grade
Same here leh. I was informed verbally by boss that i am promoted wef 1April. But i log in pac gov and only see the increment of $170 which is obviously not promotion increment. The salary range also old one. Scared that my promotion was a wrong info conveyed?
Reply With Quote
  #3600 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Same here leh. I was informed verbally by boss that i am promoted wef 1April. But i log in pac gov and only see the increment of $170 which is obviously not promotion increment. The salary range also old one. Scared that my promotion was a wrong info conveyed?
Yah! was wondering if i heard wrongly! lol
now i feel "safer"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 143 07-09-2020 04:27 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
870 Replies, 259,126 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 45,845 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,155 Replies, 1,333,605 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,627 Replies, 1,343,659 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
335 Replies, 114,251 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,712 Replies, 5,919,311 Views
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021
3 Replies, 199 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,598 Replies, 3,076,207 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,462 Replies, 980,313 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
117 Replies, 43,312 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 102,169 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,718 Replies, 1,132,461 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,877 Replies, 1,755,077 Views
Equity Research jobs
3 Replies, 317 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 814,910 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
351 Replies, 280,551 Views
E-Reading apps for kids
2 Replies, 1,680 Views
PCB design course
3 Replies, 199 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 317,262 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
245 Replies, 224,737 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,405 Replies, 2,010,633 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,047 Replies, 3,844,692 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
90 Replies, 74,464 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)...
9 Replies, 5,744 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,002 Replies, 1,145,063 Views
High loan approval for business...
3 Replies, 640 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,765 Replies, 829,372 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,206 Views
Third Party Contract From... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 2,514 Views
Should I switch to a higher paying... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 3,293 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2