Compare civil service salary - Page 247 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2461 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It will be a default C grade....
For MX12, C graders will get 2 months of performance bonus
For MX11, C graders will get 2.5 months.
Note the pro rate too, from your first day of work to the last day of Dec.
Dunno this is which stat board MX scheme.

I think ministry scheme not on superscale should be
C = 1.5 base
C+ = 1.75
B = 2.25
B+ = 2.5
A = 3? (not sure)

Reply With Quote
  #2462 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13
annabella is on a distinguished road
Default

the HR called me and gave me the tentative offer, but ask me dont tender yet as they are doing the checks. its been 2 weeks they yet to call me back. any one knows what kind of checks they are doing on?

Reply With Quote
  #2463 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabella View Post
the HR called me and gave me the tentative offer, but ask me dont tender yet as they are doing the checks. its been 2 weeks they yet to call me back. any one knows what kind of checks they are doing on?
Probably Security Clearance.

Reply With Quote
  #2464 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13
annabella is on a distinguished road
Default

its been 2 weeks already leh.. clearance so long one ah.
Reply With Quote
  #2465 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabella View Post
its been 2 weeks already leh.. clearance so long one ah.
Can tell which ministry you applied to, and your degree from local?
Reply With Quote
  #2466 (permalink)  
Old 15-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi forumers,

I have been digging around for salary information for civil service but have often been given diplomatic answers like "unable to give a range as all interviewees are different".

I am currently 34yrs old male with Bachelors degree in Business Admin from Uni Canberra, Australia and a Masters of Intl Business from Monash University, Australia. I have 5 years as a civil servant and 6 years of experience in FMCG with reputable companies.

I would like to hear some opinions on whether I should do i mid career switch to joining Spring Singapore or Ministry of Trade? My MIB programme focuses more on intl trade and macro business issues and I feel that I am not making full use of it in FMCG. The next issue is of course what salary scale can I expect if I were to make the switch?

I tried many avenues to find salary structure of the SPRING and MTI but to no avail. Can someone help?
Reply With Quote

  #2467 (permalink)  
Old 16-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 231
cslee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi forumers,

I have been digging around for salary information for civil service but have often been given diplomatic answers like "unable to give a range as all interviewees are different".

I am currently 34yrs old male with Bachelors degree in Business Admin from Uni Canberra, Australia and a Masters of Intl Business from Monash University, Australia. I have 5 years as a civil servant and 6 years of experience in FMCG with reputable companies.

I would like to hear some opinions on whether I should do i mid career switch to joining Spring Singapore or Ministry of Trade? My MIB programme focuses more on intl trade and macro business issues and I feel that I am not making full use of it in FMCG. The next issue is of course what salary scale can I expect if I were to make the switch?

I tried many avenues to find salary structure of the SPRING and MTI but to no avail. Can someone help?
Most importantly, check if this is the career for you to develop long term, if you do well and contribute significantly to Singapore economy, no need to worry about the salary structure. It's your CEP that counts. CEP can't be determined until your bosses have assessed your potential over time.
Reply With Quote
  #2468 (permalink)  
Old 16-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It will be a default C grade....
For MX12, C graders will get 2 months of performance bonus
For MX11, C graders will get 2.5 months.
Note the pro rate too, from your first day of work to the last day of Dec.
Where got so much for c mx12. Only one month la
Reply With Quote
  #2469 (permalink)  
Old 16-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dunno this is which stat board MX scheme.

I think ministry scheme not on superscale should be
C = 1.5 base
C+ = 1.75
B = 2.25
B+ = 2.5
A = 3? (not sure)
ministry, MX scale (non-scholar).. got a B last year and PB was 2.5 months
Reply With Quote
  #2470 (permalink)  
Old 17-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslee View Post
CEP can't be determined until your bosses have assessed your potential over time.
Not true... CEP stands for Current Estimated Potential, so ur bosses must estimate ur potential currently, and not over time... every civil servant has a cep on day one based on quality of uni degree...

Govt Scholars will have very high cep even when they start their work in day one. Non-scholars will have average cep, but if they work damn hard, their bosses will improve their cep.

Scholars cep wont change unless they screw up big time...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,197 Replies, 5,308,064 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
438 Replies, 74,098 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,083 Replies, 848,112 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 11,593 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,058 Replies, 2,205,993 Views
Summer Internships 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 2,703 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,453 Replies, 1,496,163 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
126 Replies, 96,726 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
673 Replies, 328,267 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,010 Replies, 1,808,602 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,858 Replies, 874,084 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 18,964 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,731 Replies, 1,021,516 Views
Anybody starting/started new job... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 2,151 Views
career dilemma in 30s ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,809 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 2,023 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,585 Replies, 1,234,834 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 12,873 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
855 Replies, 430,959 Views
Career advice
3 Replies, 1,040 Views
What course should I undertake?
9 Replies, 3,267 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 166,073 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector) ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,324 Views
Please advise on my career path... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 12,322 Views
What are your Job benefits ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 7,425 Views
Casino Regulatory Authority
1 Replies, 4,440 Views
Relocating to Singapore, is... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 29,593 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
879 Replies, 719,994 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 122,052 Views
Chevron COBRA assesment, please... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 49,034 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2