Compare civil service salary - Page 219 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2181 (permalink)  
Old 28-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default oh dear

did a bonus projection for this yr n it seems that my effective increment (based on total annual package) from last yr is PATHETIC (1-2 %)

civil servants/stat board peeps, i suggest u do the same...

here's how i did it:

since mid yr bonus (2011) was 0.5mth and mid yr bonus (2012) was 0.3 mth, a rough estimation of year-end AVC (2012) wld be 0.6 x 0.75 (ie AVC for 2011) = 0.45mth

add AWS of 1mth : 0.3 + 0.45 + 1 = 1.75mths

add estimated PB -- i suppose u can use ur PB (2011) value to simplify things

Reply With Quote
  #2182 (permalink)  
Old 28-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MX11 colleague promoted to dy head after 15 years in a few home teams. apparently, no increment? o_O can someone shed some light?
think that's called a redesignation, which is different from promotion.

Reply With Quote
  #2183 (permalink)  
Old 28-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
think that's called a redesignation, which is different from promotion.
if the job grade is no change, mean still at MX11, mean no change in salary too.

redesignation is like changing of job scope, aka job rotation.

the ceiling for MX11 is $7909.

Reply With Quote
  #2184 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 231
cslee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Distance learning means those online or mail correspondence degree?

If yes, then government do not recognize. You will be considered as PSLE or N Level, something like Div 3 blue collar.
not necessarily true. still possible to get appointed with Div I positions if got special skills that are not easily obtained and is required by the job scope.
Reply With Quote
  #2185 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's a well known secret in all GLCs that only >M4 is considered managerial staff during talent review. With the title inflation, most M5 - M6 are known as Directors or VP now though...
MX13 - fresh degree grad earning slightly over $2000 (poor or no honours) can be admin manager in MOE schools.
MX12 - most are either managers or at least assistant managers
MX11 - Senior managers
MX 10 - Asst or snr asst directors.

MSO - retiree uniformed personnel employed as ops managers in schools. or snr lifeguards as customer service or swimming complex managers.

every other person is a manager in civil service

Even bus drivers are called BUS Captains.
Reply With Quote
  #2186 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MX13 - fresh degree grad earning slightly over $2000 (poor or no honours) can be admin manager in MOE schools.
MX12 - most are either managers or at least assistant managers
MX11 - Senior managers
MX 10 - Asst or snr asst directors.

MSO - retiree uniformed personnel employed as ops managers in schools. or snr lifeguards as customer service or swimming complex managers.

every other person is a manager in civil service

Even bus drivers are called BUS Captains.
I remember during the 80s and 90s, to be called a Manager, you have to fulfil criterias like:

1) Accountability for P&L
2) Management of department budget
3) Authortiy to sign off significant expenses, represent co. in negotiation
4) Got a sizable team of professionals under you (those with only blue collar subordinates only qualify to call Supervisor)
5) Manage a large scale project or process
6) Authority to hire, fire, promote and groom your subordinates
7) Pay in 2012 terms min 10k monthly

Now base on my observations a typical civil service / stat board / GLC / some inflated MNC "manager":

1) No accountability for P&L or budget at all, most do not even know their dept cost centres
2) Besides signing off SOP admin documents, have totally no authority to decide on expenses
3) No subordinates or a few old bird low educated clerks "parked" under them for show
4) Performing junior executive administrative procedures
5) Have totally no say in how they run their people (if any)
6) 3k -5k monthly pay
Reply With Quote

  #2187 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MX13 - fresh degree grad earning slightly over $2000 (poor or no honours) can be admin manager in MOE schools.
MX12 - most are either managers or at least assistant managers
MX11 - Senior managers
MX 10 - Asst or snr asst directors.

MSO - retiree uniformed personnel employed as ops managers in schools. or snr lifeguards as customer service or swimming complex managers.

every other person is a manager in civil service

Even bus drivers are called BUS Captains.
base on home affair MX scheme, I suppose the guideline for MX13 is around there from the website in 2012.

Pass Degree(which is the lowest pass of the degree)
$3,088 with NS/$2,720 non-NS
Reply With Quote
  #2188 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In the past, policemen wear shorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I remember during the 80s and 90s, to be called a Manager, you have to fulfil criterias like:

1) Accountability for P&L
2) Management of department budget
3) Authortiy to sign off significant expenses, represent co. in negotiation
4) Got a sizable team of professionals under you (those with only blue collar subordinates only qualify to call Supervisor)
5) Manage a large scale project or process
6) Authority to hire, fire, promote and groom your subordinates
7) Pay in 2012 terms min 10k monthly

Now base on my observations a typical civil service / stat board / GLC / some inflated MNC "manager":

1) No accountability for P&L or budget at all, most do not even know their dept cost centres
2) Besides signing off SOP admin documents, have totally no authority to decide on expenses
3) No subordinates or a few old bird low educated clerks "parked" under them for show
4) Performing junior executive administrative procedures
5) Have totally no say in how they run their people (if any)
6) 3k -5k monthly pay
Reply With Quote
  #2189 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In the past, policemen wear shorts.
in the past, ministers make 50k a month. now they make a little bit more.
Reply With Quote
  #2190 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

does anyone know the rank of E-4 in ST? I Was talking to one of my friends over coffee and we kinda were having a heated discussion pertaining to rank structure. Can anyone advised what "Rank" is E-4 with regards to qualifications and promotion prospects?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 143 07-09-2020 04:27 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,563 Replies, 2,116,212 Views
Covid-related job opportunities...
4 Replies, 179 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,008 Replies, 3,342,228 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,956 Replies, 1,401,705 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
249 Replies, 9,051 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
61 Replies, 58,892 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 146,179 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,855 Replies, 1,240,210 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,694 Replies, 1,056,171 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,109 Replies, 867,091 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,306 Replies, 319,544 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
881 Replies, 603,182 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,017 Replies, 1,890,693 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
270 Replies, 241,758 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
199 Replies, 41,594 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,161 Replies, 6,218,415 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
355 Replies, 205,078 Views
How long does uob get back to you...
8 Replies, 1,401 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 1,870 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 184,024 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 36,847 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 104,631 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
67 Replies, 6,022 Views
Lonza Biotechnologist
0 Replies, 71 Views
MOH Graduate Studies Scholarship ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 16,172 Views
Third Class Honours/Second Lower... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 27,465 Views
SEA Limited
6 Replies, 1,568 Views
Audit DGS
0 Replies, 80 Views
Starting new employment while...
6 Replies, 337 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2