How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1014 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #10131 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you need to buy a new car, go the car showrooms today. Go early as there will be crowds. COE prices are on an up trend. Buy with guaranteed COE.

Huat Ah !!!!!!!!
I booked an appointment with my favourite SE Mindy, she will be servicing me tomorrow when there is nobody around as most working class folks will be at work. No need to rush with the peasantry on weekends.

Reply With Quote
  #10132 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I booked an appointment with my favourite SE Mindy, she will be servicing me tomorrow when there is nobody around as most working class folks will be at work. No need to rush with the peasantry on weekends.
What car you buying? Got special service?

Reply With Quote
  #10133 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I booked an appointment with my favourite SE Mindy, she will be servicing me tomorrow when there is nobody around as most working class folks will be at work. No need to rush with the peasantry on weekends.
Are you the 50 yo retired high flyer who is enjoying retirement life?

Reply With Quote
  #10134 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you the 50 yo retired high flyer who is enjoying retirement life?
On the contrary, I am the 35 year old high flyer who is enjoying working life. What is there to enjoy about retirement? A life without aim or purpose is no life at all. I feel sorry for the 50 year old "high flyer" who can only sit around on his sofa in his luxury condo all day with nothing to do. I wonder if he is simply waiting for his time to be up?

I will be purchasing a simple B&B car from Stuttgart. Crossovers are the latest trend so I will be getting the Macan. It is cheaper than the Cayenne yet perfect for my needs. Mindy will be letting me test drive tomorrow, hopefully it will be more than the car.
Reply With Quote
  #10135 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We are a very fortunate, blessed and contented middle class couple. We have good news to share with everyone - we are totally debt free! We cleared our home mortgage, car loan and personal loan! We are so happy!

We feel so blessed to be living in a beautifully decorated luxury condo in a good district in beautiful Singapore. In Singapore, you are among the lucky few if you own and live in a condo. More than that we also own a new car! And it's totally paid off!

We are in our 40s and we own both a condo and a car which are paid off. Not many families who own both condo and car in Singapore can achieve this. Many are still paying their condo mortgage and car loan.

Even though our combined household income is only $160k pa (low by this forum's standard), we are fortunate to be able to own a fully paid condo and a car. We enjoy the typical middle class lifestyle of eating at nice restaurants, shopping, going overseas holidays twice a year, etc.

We will save as best as we can and hope to retire in 10 years times at 55. We will use our savings to buy annuities for our retirement. Upon reaching 65, we will receive monthly payouts from our CPF Life. We are very happy, contented and feel so blessed. We do social volunteer work to help others in need.
Reply With Quote
  #10136 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hahahaha look at all the trolls. this thread is useless without pics.
Reply With Quote

  #10137 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We are a very fortunate, blessed and contented middle class couple. We have good news to share with everyone - we are totally debt free! We cleared our home mortgage, car loan and personal loan! We are so happy!

We feel so blessed to be living in a beautifully decorated luxury condo in a good district in beautiful Singapore. In Singapore, you are among the lucky few if you own and live in a condo. More than that we also own a new car! And it's totally paid off!

We are in our 40s and we own both a condo and a car which are paid off. Not many families who own both condo and car in Singapore can achieve this. Many are still paying their condo mortgage and car loan.

Even though our combined household income is only $160k pa (low by this forum's standard), we are fortunate to be able to own a fully paid condo and a car. We enjoy the typical middle class lifestyle of eating at nice restaurants, shopping, going overseas holidays twice a year, etc.

We will save as best as we can and hope to retire in 10 years times at 55. We will use our savings to buy annuities for our retirement. Upon reaching 65, we will receive monthly payouts from our CPF Life. We are very happy, contented and feel so blessed. We do social volunteer work to help others in need.
Did you read this thread? Those with income above 150k are not supposed to post their details or you will be labelled as a YA YA PAPAYA. Please go back to your social work if you can't be a quiet observer here.
Reply With Quote
  #10138 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I was surprised this time around the 50 yo dude didnt reply to his own post to congratulate himself, to say that he inspired himself, to say that he was the most successful in this forum etc..

I guessed reality has sunk in that it was no fun sitting around at home aimlessly and having to depend on his wife for support. It is no joke when the passive income just about cover your expenses. With each passing year, the expenses can only go up while the passive income stays constant or even decrease.

Worse is that at 50, going back to work is near impossible. Maybe drive for Uber or grab.

Thats why for my buddies and I, even at 56, with passive income above $100k pa, we are still working. We recognised this period is the golden period for saving up for retirement. It really accelerates your savings rate!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
On the contrary, I am the 35 year old high flyer who is enjoying working life. What is there to enjoy about retirement? A life without aim or purpose is no life at all. I feel sorry for the 50 year old "high flyer" who can only sit around on his sofa in his luxury condo all day with nothing to do. I wonder if he is simply waiting for his time to be up?

I will be purchasing a simple B&B car from Stuttgart. Crossovers are the latest trend so I will be getting the Macan. It is cheaper than the Cayenne yet perfect for my needs. Mindy will be letting me test drive tomorrow, hopefully it will be more than the car.
Reply With Quote
  #10139 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was surprised this time around the 50 yo dude didnt reply to his own post to congratulate himself, to say that he inspired himself, to say that he was the most successful in this forum etc..

I guessed reality has sunk in that it was no fun sitting around at home aimlessly and having to depend on his wife for support. It is no joke when the passive income just about cover your expenses. With each passing year, the expenses can only go up while the passive income stays constant or even decrease.

Worse is that at 50, going back to work is near impossible. Maybe drive for Uber or grab.

Thats why for my buddies and I, even at 56, with passive income above $100k pa, we are still working. We recognised this period is the golden period for saving up for retirement. It really accelerates your savings rate!

Care to share yr sources of passive income n how did u achieve it?
Reply With Quote
  #10140 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was surprised this time around the 50 yo dude didnt reply to his own post to congratulate himself, to say that he inspired himself, to say that he was the most successful in this forum etc..

I guessed reality has sunk in that it was no fun sitting around at home aimlessly and having to depend on his wife for support. It is no joke when the passive income just about cover your expenses. With each passing year, the expenses can only go up while the passive income stays constant or even decrease.

Worse is that at 50, going back to work is near impossible. Maybe drive for Uber or grab.

Thats why for my buddies and I, even at 56, with passive income above $100k pa, we are still working. We recognised this period is the golden period for saving up for retirement. It really accelerates your savings rate!
You are an inspiration to all. We should not be selfish with our 20-30 years of working and life experience. The 50s-60s are the golden age for us to give back to society and nurture our younger generation. We should not be like that selfish 50 year old dude who rather laze around at home and selfishly keep his knowledge to bring to the grave.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,150 Replies, 5,289,963 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
428 Replies, 72,172 Views
Summer Internships 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 1,649 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,581 Replies, 1,227,407 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,010 Replies, 2,191,705 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
48 Replies, 6,574 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
879 Replies, 717,642 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,427 Replies, 1,485,807 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 95,575 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 121,424 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,699 Replies, 1,014,811 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,977 Replies, 1,802,132 Views
Chevron COBRA assesment, please... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 48,931 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,327 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,867 Replies, 3,648,269 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector) ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 1,944 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 75,898 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
854 Replies, 429,877 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 4,423 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
203 Replies, 197,410 Views
What are your Job benefits ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 6,977 Views
What course should I undertake?
8 Replies, 3,145 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 13,487 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,936 Views
What is the usual salary for...
4 Replies, 1,995 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 6,285 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 12,325 Views
Career at Keppel
3 Replies, 371 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 326,196 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2