How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1114 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11131 (permalink)  
Old 23-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a marketing manager in a MNC and have 6+ years of work experience in the same company. I started with a basic salary of 3k six years back when I graduated and I'm currently getting a basic of 5.2k monthly, annual with bonus around 80k+. As I've been working in the same company all these years, I'm not sure if this is considered alright or are people getting much more out there?
Hi, I think as you stayed in the same company this is considered alright. I am in an MNC doing an analyst role. I am getting close to 80k with bonus

Reply With Quote
  #11132 (permalink)  
Old 24-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I think as you stayed in the same company this is considered alright. I am in an MNC doing an analyst role. I am getting close to 80k with bonus
Had been in this local GLC for 9 years annual increment 3-4% only.

Starting 2.9k
now 4.8k (annual 79k)

degree NTU.

Do you think i am under paid for my batch (NTU 2007)

Reply With Quote
  #11133 (permalink)  
Old 24-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default AVENUE North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Had been in this local GLC for 9 years annual increment 3-4% only.

Starting 2.9k
now 4.8k (annual 79k)

degree NTU.

Do you think i am under paid for my batch (NTU 2007)
Hi, I am not too sure what is your role. I have 4 years with 3 years relevant experience and getting close to $80K. So you may be on the low side.

Reply With Quote
  #11134 (permalink)  
Old 24-08-2017, 10:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

With more than three years of working experience, academic achievement is no longer the main criteria for your income except certain industry. If you want to know if you are underpaid, you may consider job search and get through a few job interviews.

Anyway for myself, I left my first job long ago. NTU 2009 marginally missing out third class.

Starting 2.3k (32k)
Current 8.2k (127k)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Had been in this local GLC for 9 years annual increment 3-4% only.

Starting 2.9k
now 4.8k (annual 79k)

degree NTU.

Do you think i am under paid for my batch (NTU 2007)
Reply With Quote
  #11135 (permalink)  
Old 24-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
With more than three years of working experience, academic achievement is no longer the main criteria for your income except certain industry. If you want to know if you are underpaid, you may consider job search and get through a few job interviews.

Anyway for myself, I left my first job long ago. NTU 2009 marginally missing out third class.

Starting 2.3k (32k)
Current 8.2k (127k)
Which industry are you?
We are in same salary range. When I quote it to recruiters, they always seem to suggest it's too high and or should I take a pay cut in my next job?
Reply With Quote
  #11136 (permalink)  
Old 24-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which industry are you?
We are in same salary range. When I quote it to recruiters, they always seem to suggest it's too high and or should I take a pay cut in my next job?
I am in manufacturing industry. Are you from local U?
Depends on the job scope. If the job offer has better prospect and potentially fetching you higher returns in the future, you may consider similar pay. I don't agree to take pay cut when changing job unless there is insecurity at current job.
Reply With Quote

  #11137 (permalink)  
Old 24-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in manufacturing industry. Are you from local U?
Depends on the job scope. If the job offer has better prospect and potentially fetching you higher returns in the future, you may consider similar pay. I don't agree to take pay cut when changing job unless there is insecurity at current job.

Yup local U.
Reply With Quote
  #11138 (permalink)  
Old 24-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 5
Tony is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it the same as financial advisor, insurance agent? Got CPF? Leave / bonus?

How old and whats your net worth?
Yes it's financial advisor/agent, this typical job has no CPF and it's self employed. Leave is on your own target and bonus is the sales commission you generated. I m in my late 30's, net worth under 1m.

this is the only industry in the financial service sector that has a consistent growth and come with high pay-out structure, it is by large a human business compare with other "intermediary or agency" sector such as stock broker/remisier, which are phrasing out by digitalization or computerization.
Reply With Quote
  #11139 (permalink)  
Old 24-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which industry are you?
We are in same salary range. When I quote it to recruiters, they always seem to suggest it's too high and or should I take a pay cut in my next job?
Did you ask the recruiter why he/she thinks you are overpaid? I would suggest you look through the JDs for your next level and identify the gaps. Know what is the gap and find ways to close it. I would say that at current stage, you are too early to jump as you have not gained enough knowledge and skillset to move to next level.
Reply With Quote
  #11140 (permalink)  
Old 24-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Yes it's financial advisor/agent, this typical job has no CPF and it's self employed. Leave is on your own target and bonus is the sales commission you generated. I m in my late 30's, net worth under 1m.

this is the only industry in the financial service sector that has a consistent growth and come with high pay-out structure, it is by large a human business compare with other "intermediary or agency" sector such as stock broker/remisier, which are phrasing out by digitalization or computerization.
Robo-advisors are a class of financial adviser that provide financial advice or portfolio management online with minimal human intervention.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,307 Replies, 234,990 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,619 Replies, 1,252,089 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,826 Replies, 1,057,920 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,978 Replies, 918,017 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,688 Replies, 5,449,601 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
924 Replies, 739,452 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,208 Replies, 1,859,408 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
95 Replies, 62,827 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,569 Replies, 1,551,589 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
247 Replies, 46,451 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 4,300 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,702 Replies, 2,383,626 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
807 Replies, 533,833 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 23,727 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,203 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
84 Replies, 11,904 Views
Insurance Agent to Bancassurance...
7 Replies, 5,125 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 240,473 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 113,807 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,260 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
2 Replies, 989 Views
Mask price discount in cb period
0 Replies, 57 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 169,289 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,710 Replies, 780,035 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,156 Replies, 879,539 Views
Dentist Salary
7 Replies, 6,052 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 10,422 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 21,215 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
124 Replies, 81,645 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,359 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2