Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was surprised this time around the 50 yo dude didnt reply to his own post to congratulate himself, to say that he inspired himself, to say that he was the most successful in this forum etc..

I guessed reality has sunk in that it was no fun sitting around at home aimlessly and having to depend on his wife for support. It is no joke when the passive income just about cover your expenses. With each passing year, the expenses can only go up while the passive income stays constant or even decrease.

Worse is that at 50, going back to work is near impossible. Maybe drive for Uber or grab.

Thats why for my buddies and I, even at 56, with passive income above $100k pa, we are still working. We recognised this period is the golden period for saving up for retirement. It really accelerates your savings rate!
You are an inspiration to all. We should not be selfish with our 20-30 years of working and life experience. The 50s-60s are the golden age for us to give back to society and nurture our younger generation. We should not be like that selfish 50 year old dude who rather laze around at home and selfishly keep his knowledge to bring to the grave.