Lawyer Salary - Page 904 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9031 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2020, 05:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
all the big firms do it bro
So what's the expected no. of months bonus after frontloading?

Reply With Quote
  #9032 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2020, 05:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So what's the expected no. of months bonus after frontloading?
were you expecting a breakdown like r&t x months, a&g y months and so on?

Reply With Quote
  #9033 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2020, 06:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
were you expecting a breakdown like r&t x months, a&g y months and so on?
Do i look like your maid?

Reply With Quote
  #9034 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2020, 11:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If 7k but Sme then forget it.
Are you ok why u talking to yourself anonymously
Reply With Quote
  #9035 (permalink)  
Old 26-09-2020, 11:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lopsided Women's Charter driving men's suicide rate up. s://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/%5Bserious%5D-sometimes-i-wonder-why-tf-i-got-married-6381651.html
Reply With Quote
  #9036 (permalink)  
Old 26-09-2020, 02:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lopsided Women's Charter driving men's suicide rate up. s://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/%5Bserious%5D-sometimes-i-wonder-why-tf-i-got-married-6381651.html
Doesn't matter. I want office to reopen quick so I can find a gf because WFH makes me want more female company.
Reply With Quote

  #9037 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2020, 01:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy

Hi, I'm applying for a TC (likely with small firms), and I'm wondering what type of bosses I should be weary of?

I thought the standard practice with small firms was that I had to intern with them before they decide whether to offer me a place. But there has been one particular firm which took me in quite happily. It's a pretty new firm and so there aren't any reviews online.

But I feel like I don't have enough information on the company and its boss to make an informed decision.

Does anyone have advice on applying to small firms? Considerations I have: whether I'll be used as cheap labor (made to return every holiday to intern), retention (cuz I can't estimate how good business is right now), mentorship (I know I shouldn't expect too much), and any concerns about the fact that I'm female ... (not to sound like a prude but I'm threading on the side of caution ..)

I'm not trying to be picky, but I was just wondering if there are any indicators/things to look out for when applying to a small firm.
Reply With Quote
  #9038 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2020, 01:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I'm applying for a TC (likely with small firms), and I'm wondering what type of bosses I should be weary of?

I thought the standard practice with small firms was that I had to intern with them before they decide whether to offer me a place. But there has been one particular firm which took me in quite happily. It's a pretty new firm and so there aren't any reviews online.

But I feel like I don't have enough information on the company and its boss to make an informed decision.

Does anyone have advice on applying to small firms? Considerations I have: whether I'll be used as cheap labor (made to return every holiday to intern), retention (cuz I can't estimate how good business is right now), mentorship (I know I shouldn't expect too much), and any concerns about the fact that I'm female ... (not to sound like a prude but I'm threading on the side of caution ..)

I'm not trying to be picky, but I was just wondering if there are any indicators/things to look out for when applying to a small firm.
Just go and get burned lah. At best, you got interesting stories to tell about the one time you tried to become a lawyer.

At worst, just call police lah.

Jokes aside, the follow up question is: so what even if there are red flags? You will quit and find another TC at a big firm instead? Like as though you can just find one with snap of your fingers? Knuckle down and get with the programme lah. Want to be lawyer or not?


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #9039 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2020, 01:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just go and get burned lah. At best, you got interesting stories to tell about the one time you tried to become a lawyer.

At worst, just call police lah.

Jokes aside, the follow up question is: so what even if there are red flags? You will quit and find another TC at a big firm instead? Like as though you can just find one with snap of your fingers? Knuckle down and get with the programme lah. Want to be lawyer or not?

I want. But there are so many small firms out there the best I can do for myself (since I have time) would be to look around n decide carefully. Was just wondering if y'all had thoughts on how to decide BETWEEN small firms.

(( I didn't mention anything about big firms)).
Reply With Quote
  #9040 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2020, 03:02 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want. But there are so many small firms out there the best I can do for myself (since I have time) would be to look around n decide carefully. Was just wondering if y'all had thoughts on how to decide BETWEEN small firms.

(( I didn't mention anything about big firms)).
I have a very horrid experience with a small firm such that I will not recommend to anyone, anyone at all. It is not just working late hours with v little pay.

Go to linkedin, see if you can find previous employees. See how long they stay at each firm. If no one no one at all stay more than a year, most prob is shitty and horrible.

On hindsight, it should have been a red flag but i was too stupid. If there is a turnover rate of employees, but a couple stay like 1-2 years plus should be still okay quite normal. Like maybe not great but not horrible either.

Yes as a female should practise caution. Not all bosses are like that though
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How long does uob get back to you... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,518 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,020 Replies, 1,892,676 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,025 Replies, 3,346,880 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,163 Replies, 6,224,258 Views
How much does NTUC... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 630 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
237 Replies, 37,603 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,856 Replies, 1,241,681 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,112 Replies, 868,596 Views
Low Paying Stable Job vs High...
7 Replies, 576 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,003 Replies, 1,403,918 Views
Capitaland Graduate Development... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 16,655 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
312 Replies, 11,253 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
465 Replies, 147,315 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
86 Replies, 6,560 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
360 Replies, 205,965 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
441 Replies, 290,695 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,564 Replies, 2,117,776 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,308 Replies, 320,267 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,698 Replies, 1,057,399 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
498 Replies, 117,826 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 59,168 Views
Covid-related job opportunities...
5 Replies, 395 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
200 Replies, 42,537 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
881 Replies, 603,726 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
270 Replies, 242,124 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 1,900 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 184,583 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 37,039 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 104,889 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2