Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2020, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I'm applying for a TC (likely with small firms), and I'm wondering what type of bosses I should be weary of?

I thought the standard practice with small firms was that I had to intern with them before they decide whether to offer me a place. But there has been one particular firm which took me in quite happily. It's a pretty new firm and so there aren't any reviews online.

But I feel like I don't have enough information on the company and its boss to make an informed decision.

Does anyone have advice on applying to small firms? Considerations I have: whether I'll be used as cheap labor (made to return every holiday to intern), retention (cuz I can't estimate how good business is right now), mentorship (I know I shouldn't expect too much), and any concerns about the fact that I'm female ... (not to sound like a prude but I'm threading on the side of caution ..)

I'm not trying to be picky, but I was just wondering if there are any indicators/things to look out for when applying to a small firm.
Just go and get burned lah. At best, you got interesting stories to tell about the one time you tried to become a lawyer.

At worst, just call police lah.

Jokes aside, the follow up question is: so what even if there are red flags? You will quit and find another TC at a big firm instead? Like as though you can just find one with snap of your fingers? Knuckle down and get with the programme lah. Want to be lawyer or not?