Lawyer Salary - Page 233 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2321 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2018, 07:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Congratulations to all part b commendation listers! You guys have a bright future ahead. I think the above posters are quite ridiculous in saying that colleagues will backstab commendation listers. If you are good, you will be given the recognition and progression in the legal industry, no need to worry.

Reply With Quote
  #2322 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2018, 08:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Congratulations to all part b commendation listers! You guys have a bright future ahead. I think the above posters are quite ridiculous in saying that colleagues will backstab commendation listers. If you are good, you will be given the recognition and progression in the legal industry, no need to worry.
continue believe that industry is full of kindness and helping hands

Reply With Quote
  #2323 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Twelve of 20 most influential Singapore lawyers aged 40 and below are National University of Singapore, Faculty of Law*alumni!



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2324 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Twelve of 20 most influential Singapore lawyers aged 40 and below are National University of Singapore, Faculty of Law*alumni!
I’m a senior lawyer in a MC firm. I honestly think that NUS grads are the best, even better than Oxbridge grads. The latter tend to introduce their own conceptions based on English law (which of course can vary significantly from SG law) and are also less practical / more theoretical. SMU grads - some are good but generally pale in comparison to NUS because they are just not so grounded in the law, and are more “fluff”. I’ve seen some pretty good LSE and UCL grads though, potentially on par with NUS
Reply With Quote
  #2325 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2018, 09:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How much do newly promoted salaried partners in the the big firms and mid tiers earn? Anyone with a firm by firm breakdown?

Bump
Reply With Quote
  #2326 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fake sob story trolls, people pretending to be MC senior lawyers/hiring partners, posters having monologues with themselves. The level of Asperger's in this forum is too damn high.
Reply With Quote

  #2327 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2018, 09:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’m a senior lawyer in a MC firm. I honestly think that NUS grads are the best, even better than Oxbridge grads. The latter tend to introduce their own conceptions based on English law (which of course can vary significantly from SG law) and are also less practical / more theoretical. SMU grads - some are good but generally pale in comparison to NUS because they are just not so grounded in the law, and are more “fluff”. I’ve seen some pretty good LSE and UCL grads though, potentially on par with NUS
Wow quite obvious you’re from LSE/UCL. I know you guys want to put your unis up on a higher pedestal but pls do so in a smarter way tq and not in a circuitous, round about manner which exposes your identity in the process.
Reply With Quote
  #2328 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2018, 11:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what do you want out of it anyway?

can always go govt sector like AGO, Minlaw IPTO IPOS.

small firm big firm, ultimately you don't need that much money to survive anyway... unless you want to drive supercar, stay private, etc...

only you can decide for yourself...

life is a marathon, not a sprint... altho going to big4 certainly has its perks and advantages against a small firm... but learning curve is much steeper.... a good learning environment is equally important too as compared to salary
Used to have very bad health problems in my past job. Frequent anxiety, panic attacks. Hair loss, lack of sleep, frequently tired. I heard of females whose period had stopped because of the stress on their bodies.

The last straw was when I started to develop breathing problems, where my lungs will contract and can't expand. The doctor prescribed me ASTHMA medicine. I never had a history of asthma.

Quit the job after I finished my last engagement. I'm never going back.
Reply With Quote
  #2329 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2018, 11:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Used to have very bad health problems in my past job. Frequent anxiety, panic attacks. Hair loss, lack of sleep, frequently tired. I heard of females whose period had stopped because of the stress on their bodies.

The last straw was when I started to develop breathing problems, where my lungs will contract and can't expand. The doctor prescribed me ASTHMA medicine. I never had a history of asthma.

Quit the job after I finished my last engagement. I'm never going back.
and the trolls are back again...
Reply With Quote
  #2330 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2018, 11:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fake sob story trolls, people pretending to be MC senior lawyers/hiring partners, posters having monologues with themselves. The level of Asperger's in this forum is too damn high.
Anyway karma comes one round la.
Those who treat others poorly will get their just desserts.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
448 Replies, 327,453 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,037 Replies, 529,101 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,351 Replies, 580,474 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,102 Replies, 2,539,408 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
886 Replies, 229,630 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,025 Replies, 2,518,703 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
126 Replies, 59,458 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,748 Replies, 1,302,161 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 8,014 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
183 Replies, 209,258 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
73 Replies, 37,517 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,867 Replies, 4,661,302 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,669 Replies, 7,380,457 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
633 Replies, 143,290 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,852 Replies, 613,293 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,023 Replies, 742,159 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
564 Replies, 446,387 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
144 Replies, 101,847 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
128 Replies, 37,252 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,818 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
333 Replies, 455,905 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme...
3 Replies, 260 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
276 Replies, 135,822 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
740 Replies, 204,384 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,724 Replies, 4,370,007 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 113,120 Views
DXC Technology
0 Replies, 72 Views
Y Ventures Group
0 Replies, 44 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 26,857 Views
Tax ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 9,139 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2