Lawyer Salary - Page 1055 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #10541 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2021, 12:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Because being a doctor or lawyer means you attract gold-diggers. You really think the spouses of doctors or lawyers love their husbands out of true love?

Even in university, there is a reason why most male medicine/law undergrads are attached.
isn't the prevailing theme here that lawyers don't make much money anymore?

the gold diggers will surely have the sense to flock to other groups then.

Reply With Quote
  #10542 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2021, 12:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
isn't the prevailing theme here that lawyers don't make much money anymore?

the gold diggers will surely have the sense to flock to other groups then.
I know SA from big four who has troubles finding gf. I donít know of any gold diggers around. You guys are just exaggerating.

Reply With Quote
  #10543 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2021, 12:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I know SA from big four who has troubles finding gf. I donít know of any gold diggers around. You guys are just exaggerating.
Probably the SA has been cheated before so now very wary of girls...
You never know the backend story

Reply With Quote
  #10544 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2021, 12:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
isn't the prevailing theme here that lawyers don't make much money anymore?

the gold diggers will surely have the sense to flock to other groups then.
The average law and medical students have richer parents, (if you don't count those that entered via affirmative action from the polytechnics and weaker jcs.)

Inherited wealth is a Major source of wealth , that is non taxable.
Reply With Quote
  #10545 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2021, 12:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The average law and medical students have richer parents, (if you don't count those that entered via affirmative action from the polytechnics and weaker jcs.)

Inherited wealth is a Major source of wealth , that is non taxable.
Okay fair point. But let us agree that with juniors earning $3.8-4.5k starting I donít think itís a fair assumption to say law is a profession that attracts gold diggers. I donít think having $3.8k gross every month makes me feel rich, let alone be rich


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #10546 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2021, 12:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Because being a doctor or lawyer means you attract gold-diggers. You really think the spouses of doctors or lawyers love their husbands out of true love?

Even in university, there is a reason why most male medicine/law undergrads are attached.
You do know that there is a spike in divorces during crisis such as covid, sars, etc. thatís cos ppl lose their jobs... no money, go home everyday quarrel over money, end up divorce
Reply With Quote

  #10547 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2021, 12:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The average law and medical students have richer parents, (if you don't count those that entered via affirmative action from the polytechnics and weaker jcs.)

Inherited wealth is a Major source of wealth , that is non taxable.
the original poster said this: Because being a doctor or lawyer means you attract gold-diggers.


your point is that gold diggers are after inherited wealth (& that they will magically know how rich someone's parents are). so gold diggers are after rich people's money, they're not with someone because that person is specifically a doctor or lawyer. that's hardly a revelation.

in any case, rich ppl get divorced all the time, and my layman's understanding - i'm not a lawyer - is that in a divorce a gold digger doesn't get a share of inherited wealth (assuming that the rich parents haven't directly given gold digger the money).
Reply With Quote
  #10548 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2021, 12:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the original poster said this: Because being a doctor or lawyer means you attract gold-diggers.


your point is that gold diggers are after inherited wealth (& that they will magically know how rich someone's parents are). so gold diggers are after rich people's money, they're not with someone because that person is specifically a doctor or lawyer. that's hardly a revelation.

in any case, rich ppl get divorced all the time, and my layman's understanding - i'm not a lawyer - is that in a divorce a gold digger doesn't get a share of inherited wealth (assuming that the rich parents haven't directly given gold digger the money).
Thatís why I said even non lawyers know the law better than lawyers (or law students).
Reply With Quote
  #10549 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2021, 12:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Letís be real, if you look around the streets and look at your social circles, most girls are happily attached as normal couples. Some pretty and smart girls end up single. The gold digging phenomena is just an exaggeration from internet and tv shows.
Reply With Quote
  #10550 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2021, 12:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Letís be real, if you look around the streets and look at your social circles, most girls are happily attached as normal couples. Some pretty and smart girls end up single. The gold digging phenomena is just an exaggeration from internet and tv shows.

yeah, agreed. i went to 'elite' schs in SG and while i didn't like my time there and encountered ppl who were the offspring of rich ppl, actually it was surprisingly gold-digger free (i did expect some drama lol) .... life isn't a soap opera, although it would be a *lot* more interesting if it was
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,247 Replies, 5,303,229 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,451 Replies, 7,012,667 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
343 Replies, 391,994 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,479 Replies, 12,766,844 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,240 Replies, 3,895,399 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,194 Replies, 1,130,393 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
734 Replies, 572,306 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,279 Replies, 10,660,213 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,885 Replies, 1,551,470 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,902 Replies, 1,502,778 Views
CIMB Apprentice 2024 ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 558 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,486 Replies, 3,552,135 Views
SEA (Garena) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 97,017 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,846 Replies, 2,479,999 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,497 Replies, 2,490,554 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,320 Replies, 673,721 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
835 Replies, 445,066 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
897 Replies, 425,427 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
777 Replies, 453,660 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
430 Replies, 516,732 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
145 Replies, 55,562 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,860 Replies, 1,260,990 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,868 Replies, 1,622,203 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,992 Replies, 4,822,676 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
1 Replies, 135 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,938 Replies, 2,961,781 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
191 Replies, 324,476 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,603 Replies, 1,442,077 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
184 Replies, 236,199 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,174 Replies, 666,481 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2