Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 88 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #871 (permalink)  
Old 31-01-2018, 06:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Thanks so much for the clarification. Another small qns, i might be jumping the gun asking this but, regarding the expected salary, will we be able to negotiate our expected salary? I forgot to change my expected salary in my application and the figure was dated quite some time back.
Yes, you will always be able to negotiate. However, by listing your expected salary at a lower figure than you actually wanted, you've weakened your negotiating position somewhat. For example, if the range I am working with is 3,500 to 4,100 and your expected was 3,500 - and I shortlisted you - it was based off my premise that I factored in your qualifications + what you were willing to work for.

So if you come in and state you actually wanted 4,000+, when I'm only prepared to give leeway of up to 3,700, you've axed your position quite a bit.

Reply With Quote
  #872 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2018, 09:54 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 12
Sierra is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you will always be able to negotiate. However, by listing your expected salary at a lower figure than you actually wanted, you've weakened your negotiating position somewhat. For example, if the range I am working with is 3,500 to 4,100 and your expected was 3,500 - and I shortlisted you - it was based off my premise that I factored in your qualifications + what you were willing to work for.

So if you come in and state you actually wanted 4,000+, when I'm only prepared to give leeway of up to 3,700, you've axed your position quite a bit.
What if, for example, the range you are working with was 3,500 to 4,100 but as I did not update my expected salary, I stated it as 3,300. with the base of me having 2 years working experience.

Reply With Quote
  #873 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

pending for medical screening currently. Is it correct to say that we are only confirmed after screening is cleared?

I was informed that the Letter of Appointment is being prepared.

Reply With Quote
  #874 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2018, 10:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

yes, The job is 100% confirmed after clearing the formalities(medical +background check).
The HR officer will try to arrange you to sign the LOA after you had cleared both medical and background check.

You are more or less there already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
pending for medical screening currently. Is it correct to say that we are only confirmed after screening is cleared?

I was informed that the Letter of Appointment is being prepared.
Reply With Quote
  #875 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2018, 10:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It is OK to state lower. Don't worry, HR will help you to negotiate the correct pay with the directors.

Heard that there is formula to calculate the remuneration package, just not disclosed publicly.
For working experience, it will then depends if they consider it as relevant or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
What if, for example, the range you are working with was 3,500 to 4,100 but as I did not update my expected salary, I stated it as 3,300. with the base of me having 2 years working experience.
Reply With Quote
  #876 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2018, 12:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes, The job is 100% confirmed after clearing the formalities(medical +background check).
The HR officer will try to arrange you to sign the LOA after you had cleared both medical and background check.

You are more or less there already
I am still pending for medical currently. Does this mean the timeline will be even longer?

I was told that in the event my medical checkup doesn't pass the signed LOA would be voided.
Reply With Quote

  #877 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Can someone advice me on the salary scale of managers including deputy and assistant AM?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #878 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2018, 04:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
pending for medical screening currently. Is it correct to say that we are only confirmed after screening is cleared?

I was informed that the Letter of Appointment is being prepared.
how long did your process take?

I am still waiting on approval of appointment at HQ and its been almost 3 months since they shortlisted me after the interview. Got a feeling its gonna take longer with budget 2018 coming and I guess most if not all min/sb will be focusing on that.
Reply With Quote
  #879 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
there should be quite a number of layers/management to clear. you can practically say that your offer package was not looked at until maybe early or mid Jan. cause Dec - most clearing leave. may have some delays. there may also be some details that the dept and HR have to settle, starting date etc. so if they offer verbally. the offer should still stands most of the time.
Is there a reasonable time frame I can expect a reply by? I don't want to wait indefinitely and it has already been more than 1 month since the verbal offer in mid dec. appreciate any advice thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #880 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is there a reasonable time frame I can expect a reply by? I don't want to wait indefinitely and it has already been more than 1 month since the verbal offer in mid dec. appreciate any advice thanks!
Once you have seen it toggled to "In Process", give it two weeks' time. If you have the HR's contact details after that, send a message requesting an update. If not, just wait 2 more weeks. 4 weeks is the maximum you should wait; at this point, go seek other opportunities, because it's likely the HR just didn't have time to toggle to "Unsuccessful"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 11 21-12-2023 10:54 PM
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,124 Replies, 6,808,978 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,330 Replies, 3,446,275 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,138 Replies, 3,781,574 Views
Work in SMU ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 4,668 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,408 Replies, 12,560,061 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
413 Replies, 498,763 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,868 Replies, 4,706,205 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
732 Replies, 408,006 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
278 Replies, 390,970 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,817 Replies, 5,073,269 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,278 Replies, 631,649 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,585 Replies, 2,369,571 Views
ST Engineering Land Systems ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 11,582 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,486 Replies, 802,248 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,103 Replies, 10,428,979 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,801 Replies, 1,568,175 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
153 Replies, 81,745 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,810 Replies, 1,435,333 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,963 Replies, 1,076,805 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
534 Replies, 612,885 Views
Private Banking Salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 138,198 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,203 Replies, 549,031 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
915 Replies, 523,884 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
280 Replies, 297,119 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,764 Replies, 1,511,837 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,052 Replies, 448,675 Views
Ensign InfoSecurity ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 11,248 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,341 Replies, 1,159,358 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 19,514 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,545 Replies, 2,256,254 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2