Job offer from Apple - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Job offer from Apple

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 25-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
skarfy is on a distinguished road
Default

Thank you all for the feedback. I am doing a comparison among my group that has gotten offers from Apple. Guy A with relevant phone repair experience in Samsung applied same position as me (third level) but was offered 1st level with 3k (median based on US). Another with no relevant experience offered 2nd level with 4k (higher than median) I got third level 4.5k (lower than median). So it's hard not to feel I've been lowballed. My past work experience were with starhub and grab CS with some IT knowledge dabble. I I really think Apple is not looking at background for their retail role if based on all 3 offers. Hence why I'm contemplating on negotiating

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 25-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarfy View Post
Thank you all for the feedback. I am doing a comparison among my group that has gotten offers from Apple. Guy A with relevant phone repair experience in Samsung applied same position as me (third level) but was offered 1st level with 3k (median based on US). Another with no relevant experience offered 2nd level with 4k (higher than median) I got third level 4.5k (lower than median). So it's hard not to feel I've been lowballed. My past work experience were with starhub and grab CS with some IT knowledge dabble. I I really think Apple is not looking at background for their retail role if based on all 3 offers. Hence why I'm contemplating on negotiating
Keep in mind that the hiring season is close to over. Unless u have competing offers there is a risk they may reply with a letter of rejection. I think all of us who replied are concerned that you are jobless at the moment. An equivalent of 3.3k in civil service for dip holder means there is a line behind you for sure. Maybe that beeline is the reason they lowball you.

If like you suggest, they are indeed a equal opportunity employer (unlike the BS that Public service claim they are but still ask for payslip and scroll) seek a win win situation with your sales talk.



SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 25-03-2019, 10:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarfy View Post
Thank you all for the feedback. I am doing a comparison among my group that has gotten offers from Apple. Guy A with relevant phone repair experience in Samsung applied same position as me (third level) but was offered 1st level with 3k (median based on US). Another with no relevant experience offered 2nd level with 4k (higher than median) I got third level 4.5k (lower than median). So it's hard not to feel I've been lowballed. My past work experience were with starhub and grab CS with some IT knowledge dabble. I I really think Apple is not looking at background for their retail role if based on all 3 offers. Hence why I'm contemplating on negotiating
Well, the hiring season is close to over. Unless u have competing offers there is a risk they may reply with a letter of rejection. I think all of us who replied are concerned that you are jobless at the moment. An equivalent of 3.3k in civil service for dip holder means there is a line behind you for sure. Maybe that beeline is the reason they lowball you.

If like you suggest, they are indeed a equal opportunity employer (unlike the BS that Public service claim they are but still ask for payslip and scroll) seek a win win situation with your sales talk.

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2019, 01:19 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
skarfy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, the hiring season is close to over. Unless u have competing offers there is a risk they may reply with a letter of rejection. I think all of us who replied are concerned that you are jobless at the moment. An equivalent of 3.3k in civil service for dip holder means there is a line behind you for sure. Maybe that beeline is the reason they lowball you.

If like you suggest, they are indeed a equal opportunity employer (unlike the BS that Public service claim they are but still ask for payslip and scroll) seek a win win situation with your sales talk.
Yes you're right. I'm indeed at a disadvantage here being jobless. I've actually emailed requested to speak to 'explore the offer', it's been 36 hours and no reply. And I have to sign the contract in about 16 hours else it expires.

One thing that worries me is that my role will have a significantly higher responsibility over the 2nd role, more so than then 2nd over 1st role. That disparity doesn't sit well with me based on the offer. Would actually mentioning that I'm aware of the median and the offers given help me in this case for a win win situation? I'm also not looking to let this opportunity go. Might sign within 3 hours of expiry but not sure how that's gonna look, or if it even matters, considering they hire a lot at one go. Hopefully they don't rescind. Else it will be an expensive lesson.

Last edited by skarfy; 26-03-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2019, 01:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarfy View Post
Yes you're right. I'm indeed at a disadvantage here being jobless. I've actually emailed requested to speak to 'explore the offer', it's been 36 hours and no reply. And I have to sign the contract in about 16 hours else it expires.

One thing that worries me is that my role will have a significantly higher responsibility over the 2nd role, more so than then 2nd over 1st role. That disparity doesn't sit well with me based on the offer. Would actually mentioning that I'm aware of the median and the offers given help me in this case for a win win situation? I'm also not looking to let this opportunity go. Might sign within 3 hours of expiry but not sure how that's gonna look, or if it even matters, considering they hire a lot at one go. Hopefully they don't rescind. Else it will be an expensive lesson.
If you have already done all of that and you still sign it in the end, you can expect that they will press you down when you go in. In negotiations the party with nothing to lose, wins. Thereís no way they will budge because you donít have any bargaining chips. Using a median that youíve seen online is like using the fresh grad salary report and going to the big 4 demanding a 3500 salary for a job that everyone knows will pay you 2800-3300.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2019, 01:50 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
skarfy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have already done all of that and you still sign it in the end, you can expect that they will press you down when you go in. In negotiations the party with nothing to lose, wins. Thereís no way they will budge because you donít have any bargaining chips. Using a median that youíve seen online is like using the fresh grad salary report and going to the big 4 demanding a 3500 salary for a job that everyone knows will pay you 2800-3300.
Ps: Are you the same person from above? Hahha yes this is looking to be like an expensive lesson in the end. But I've always believed in you won't know til you try. I had to ask to nego, at least it gives me a chance to practice it. But may I know more about what you mean with pressing me down when I go in? The contract is online, I technically won't need to see anyone to sign.

And thanks for sharing, I didn't know the reports for median is not trustworthy. I had thought that Apple being a big American(!) company would value equality and using that to change their mind would be my bargaining chip.
Reply With Quote

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2019, 09:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

reckon you just sign first bro
If there is really anything so jarring that you might find there, you can try to rectify it later or speak to your superior/HR

This is an excellent offer and it pains me to see you experiment on it like that
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2019, 11:29 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
skarfy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
reckon you just sign first bro
If there is really anything so jarring that you might find there, you can try to rectify it later or speak to your superior/HR

This is an excellent offer and it pains me to see you experiment on it like that
Yes you're right, regardless of the shortcomings, it is an excellent offer still . I will sign soon in about an hour. Now I am curious as to what recruiters think of people like me and how it will affect my future there
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default sign it buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, the hiring season is close to over. Unless u have competing offers there is a risk they may reply with a letter of rejection. I think all of us who replied are concerned that you are jobless at the moment. An equivalent of 3.3k in civil service for dip holder means there is a line behind you for sure. Maybe that beeline is the reason they lowball you.

If like you suggest, they are indeed a equal opportunity employer (unlike the BS that Public service claim they are but still ask for payslip and scroll) seek a win win situation with your sales talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have already done all of that and you still sign it in the end, you can expect that they will press you down when you go in. In negotiations the party with nothing to lose, wins. Thereís no way they will budge because you donít have any bargaining chips. Using a median that youíve seen online is like using the fresh grad salary report and going to the big 4 demanding a 3500 salary for a job that everyone knows will pay you 2800-3300.
not the same person as above


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
reckon you just sign first bro
If there is really anything so jarring that you might find there, you can try to rectify it later or speak to your superior/HR

This is an excellent offer and it pains me to see you experiment on it like that
my sentiments exactly. sign buddy. they know you are jobless and have no chips. If you sign and they rescind subsequently, u can bang HR director's table, legally.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2019, 11:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up awesome buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarfy View Post
Yes you're right, regardless of the shortcomings, it is an excellent offer still . I will sign soon in about an hour. Now I am curious as to what recruiters think of people like me and how it will affect my future there
HR will forget you quickly, and actually, you really don't have to care. its your right to negotiate. your superior just wants a human to do the work, they don't care if you got lowball or highball.

FYI, in future, to negotiate it is better to directly call the DID. take a deep breath, think of your script, what u want to say if u get rejected bla bla bla....

congrats buddy, you must have clicked by now. sweet deal indeed with a multinational. excellent to write in your resume.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If accepted a job offer, can accept another offer which comes before the start? dreamzknight Income and Jobs 5 01-04-2018 05:44 PM
Apple Singapore LMaoking Income and Jobs 13 22-02-2017 08:33 PM
Work for Apple? Henney Income and Jobs 49 31-03-2016 03:30 PM
anyone work in apple? lameyisp Income and Jobs 28 06-01-2015 01:43 PM
Apple : The Genius of Steve Jobs BOT General Discussions 0 10-10-2011 10:10 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,683 Replies, 4,889,492 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
113 Replies, 16,207 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,705 Replies, 1,607,220 Views
Freldo Staking*Program
0 Replies, 25 Views
Ways to increase income ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 6,422 Views
Stat board tiers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 20,521 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,363 Replies, 508,119 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 27,297 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 120,922 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
309 Replies, 236,881 Views
Data Science Landscape in SG
0 Replies, 122 Views
Project management
0 Replies, 165 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
848 Replies, 655,762 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,011 Replies, 435,422 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,697 Replies, 750,947 Views
MCI and IMDA ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,060 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,839 Replies, 1,246,173 Views
Recession Coming ? IBM just...
3 Replies, 1,407 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
183 Replies, 178,304 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,760 Replies, 1,871,709 Views
Anyone from Ministry of Social and...
6 Replies, 2,953 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,794 Replies, 3,496,696 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
335 Replies, 144,659 Views
Benchmark your monthly income by... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,121 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
765 Replies, 730,285 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,605 Replies, 442,879 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
745 Replies, 381,592 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 90,208 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2