Apple - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

Apple

Old 25-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Verified Member

skarfy is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for the feedback. I am doing a comparison among my group that has gotten offers from Apple. Guy A with relevant phone repair experience in Samsung applied same position as me (third level) but was offered 1st level with 3k (median based on US). Another with no relevant experience offered 2nd level with 4k (higher than median) I got third level 4.5k (lower than median). So it's hard not to feel I've been lowballed. My past work experience were with starhub and grab CS with some IT knowledge dabble. I I really think Apple is not looking at background for their retail role if based on all 3 offers. Hence why I'm contemplating on negotiating

Old 25-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarfy View Post
Thank you all for the feedback. I am doing a comparison among my group that has gotten offers from Apple. Guy A with relevant phone repair experience in Samsung applied same position as me (third level) but was offered 1st level with 3k (median based on US). Another with no relevant experience offered 2nd level with 4k (higher than median) I got third level 4.5k (lower than median). So it's hard not to feel I've been lowballed. My past work experience were with starhub and grab CS with some IT knowledge dabble. I I really think Apple is not looking at background for their retail role if based on all 3 offers. Hence why I'm contemplating on negotiating
Keep in mind that the hiring season is close to over. Unless u have competing offers there is a risk they may reply with a letter of rejection. I think all of us who replied are concerned that you are jobless at the moment. An equivalent of 3.3k in civil service for dip holder means there is a line behind you for sure. Maybe that beeline is the reason they lowball you.

If like you suggest, they are indeed a equal opportunity employer (unlike the BS that Public service claim they are but still ask for payslip and scroll) seek a win win situation with your sales talk.

Old 25-03-2019, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Well, the hiring season is close to over. Unless u have competing offers there is a risk they may reply with a letter of rejection. I think all of us who replied are concerned that you are jobless at the moment. An equivalent of 3.3k in civil service for dip holder means there is a line behind you for sure. Maybe that beeline is the reason they lowball you.

If like you suggest, they are indeed a equal opportunity employer (unlike the BS that Public service claim they are but still ask for payslip and scroll) seek a win win situation with your sales talk.

Old 26-03-2019, 01:19 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, the hiring season is close to over. Unless u have competing offers there is a risk they may reply with a letter of rejection. I think all of us who replied are concerned that you are jobless at the moment. An equivalent of 3.3k in civil service for dip holder means there is a line behind you for sure. Maybe that beeline is the reason they lowball you.

Yes you're right. I'm indeed at a disadvantage here being jobless. I've actually emailed requested to speak to 'explore the offer', it's been 36 hours and no reply. And I have to sign the contract in about 16 hours else it expires.

One thing that worries me is that my role will have a significantly higher responsibility over the 2nd role, more so than then 2nd over 1st role. That disparity doesn't sit well with me based on the offer. Would actually mentioning that I'm aware of the median and the offers given help me in this case for a win win situation? I'm also not looking to let this opportunity go. Might sign within 3 hours of expiry but not sure how that's gonna look, or if it even matters, considering they hire a lot at one go. Hopefully they don't rescind. Else it will be an expensive lesson.

Last edited by skarfy; 26-03-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Old 26-03-2019, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes you're right. I'm indeed at a disadvantage here being jobless. I've actually emailed requested to speak to 'explore the offer', it's been 36 hours and no reply. And I have to sign the contract in about 16 hours else it expires.

One thing that worries me is that my role will have a significantly higher responsibility over the 2nd role, more so than then 2nd over 1st role. That disparity doesn't sit well with me based on the offer. Would actually mentioning that I'm aware of the median and the offers given help me in this case for a win win situation? I'm also not looking to let this opportunity go. Might sign within 3 hours of expiry but not sure how that's gonna look, or if it even matters, considering they hire a lot at one go. Hopefully they don't rescind. Else it will be an expensive lesson.
If you have already done all of that and you still sign it in the end, you can expect that they will press you down when you go in. In negotiations the party with nothing to lose, wins. There’s no way they will budge because you don’t have any bargaining chips. Using a median that you’ve seen online is like using the fresh grad salary report and going to the big 4 demanding a 3500 salary for a job that everyone knows will pay you 2800-3300.
Old 26-03-2019, 01:50 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
If you have already done all of that and you still sign it in the end, you can expect that they will press you down when you go in. In negotiations the party with nothing to lose, wins. There’s no way they will budge because you don’t have any bargaining chips. Using a median that you’ve seen online is like using the fresh grad salary report and going to the big 4 demanding a 3500 salary for a job that everyone knows will pay you 2800-3300.
Ps: Are you the same person from above? Hahha yes this is looking to be like an expensive lesson in the end. But I've always believed in you won't know til you try. I had to ask to nego, at least it gives me a chance to practice it. But may I know more about what you mean with pressing me down when I go in? The contract is online, I technically won't need to see anyone to sign.

And thanks for sharing, I didn't know the reports for median is not trustworthy. I had thought that Apple being a big American(!) company would value equality and using that to change their mind would be my bargaining chip.

Old 26-03-2019, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

reckon you just sign first bro
If there is really anything so jarring that you might find there, you can try to rectify it later or speak to your superior/HR

This is an excellent offer and it pains me to see you experiment on it like that
Old 26-03-2019, 11:29 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
If there is really anything so jarring that you might find there, you can try to rectify it later or speak to your superior/HR

This is an excellent offer and it pains me to see you experiment on it like that
Yes you're right, regardless of the shortcomings, it is an excellent offer still . I will sign soon in about an hour. Now I am curious as to what recruiters think of people like me and how it will affect my future there
Old 26-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Default sign it buddy

Quote:

Quote:
not the same person as above

Quote:

my sentiments exactly. sign buddy. they know you are jobless and have no chips. If you sign and they rescind subsequently, u can bang HR director's table, legally.
Old 26-03-2019, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up awesome buddy

Quote:
Yes you're right, regardless of the shortcomings, it is an excellent offer still . I will sign soon in about an hour. Now I am curious as to what recruiters think of people like me and how it will affect my future there
HR will forget you quickly, and actually, you really don't have to care. its your right to negotiate. your superior just wants a human to do the work, they don't care if you got lowball or highball.

FYI, in future, to negotiate it is better to directly call the DID. take a deep breath, think of your script, what u want to say if u get rejected bla bla bla....

congrats buddy, you must have clicked by now. sweet deal indeed with a multinational. excellent to write in your resume.