Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Apple
Thread: Apple
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2019, 01:19 AM
Verified Member

skarfy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, the hiring season is close to over. Unless u have competing offers there is a risk they may reply with a letter of rejection. I think all of us who replied are concerned that you are jobless at the moment. An equivalent of 3.3k in civil service for dip holder means there is a line behind you for sure. Maybe that beeline is the reason they lowball you.

If like you suggest, they are indeed a equal opportunity employer (unlike the BS that Public service claim they are but still ask for payslip and scroll) seek a win win situation with your sales talk.
Yes you're right. I'm indeed at a disadvantage here being jobless. I've actually emailed requested to speak to 'explore the offer', it's been 36 hours and no reply. And I have to sign the contract in about 16 hours else it expires.

One thing that worries me is that my role will have a significantly higher responsibility over the 2nd role, more so than then 2nd over 1st role. That disparity doesn't sit well with me based on the offer. Would actually mentioning that I'm aware of the median and the offers given help me in this case for a win win situation? I'm also not looking to let this opportunity go. Might sign within 3 hours of expiry but not sure how that's gonna look, or if it even matters, considering they hire a lot at one go. Hopefully they don't rescind. Else it will be an expensive lesson.

Last edited by skarfy; 26-03-2019 at 01:21 AM.