ST Electronics - Page 200 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




ST Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1991 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2021, 04:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Management only care about bottom line la.
Which is to meet their KPI
That's it.

They don't care about your pay.
In fact, here they will actively suppress your pay and blame its HR who cut your pay.
When it's actually the division manager those VP who just want to make sure their division cost is low since no business no profit.

So to present profit and meet finance kpi is by suprressing pay lo.
And people who stayed here are one kind. Stayed for 20 years do nothing.
Pay cut also don't care cause they can't survive outside...

You come in work here. Your energy will be drained when you see all the JLB do nothing everyday
... And you wonder why you one person overworked

Reply With Quote
  #1992 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2021, 05:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Management only care about bottom line la.
Which is to meet their KPI
That's it.

They don't care about your pay.
In fact, here they will actively suppress your pay and blame its HR who cut your pay.
When it's actually the division manager those VP who just want to make sure their division cost is low since no business no profit.

So to present profit and meet finance kpi is by suprressing pay lo.
And people who stayed here are one kind. Stayed for 20 years do nothing.
Pay cut also don't care cause they can't survive outside...

You come in work here. Your energy will be drained when you see all the JLB do nothing everyday
... And you wonder why you one person overworked
Seriously? What kind of **** company is this?



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1993 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2021, 09:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The incompetent choose to promote those incompetent. Competent and smart people will choose to leave, leaving those incompetent people there. Vicious cycle.

Reply With Quote
  #1994 (permalink)  
Old 29-04-2021, 12:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The incompetent choose to promote those incompetent. Competent and smart people will choose to leave, leaving those incompetent people there. Vicious cycle.
Incompetent choose to promote those they can control la.
Promote those new comer with record. Later everyone realised the new guy can take over the old guy.

So cannot la. Must plant the seed to sabotage any top performer.
Or take credit of the top performer as your kpi la...

Then play lots of politics to make the top performer leave la.
So you keep your power.

You won't undersrand the art of war until you work here and witness the passive aggressive backstabbing politics of the management here...
Reply With Quote
  #1995 (permalink)  
Old 29-04-2021, 01:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Incompetent choose to promote those they can control la.
Promote those new comer with record. Later everyone realised the new guy can take over the old guy.

So cannot la. Must plant the seed to sabotage any top performer.
Or take credit of the top performer as your kpi la...

Then play lots of politics to make the top performer leave la.
So you keep your power.

You won't undersrand the art of war until you work here and witness the passive aggressive backstabbing politics of the management here...
Can confirm...
Manager A: eh engineer B, can you help me process this, I've spoken to your manager B about this...
Engineer B: OK right away...
Manager B: engineer B what is the update on this? Why is there no progress.
Engineer B: boss, I'm working on that portion for manager A.
Manager B: why you work on that? I got give you approval meh? Please don't anyhow do things without my approval.
Engineer B: but manager A said he has spoken to you about it? I'm confused.
Manager B: yes he have spoken to me but I never agree to do. I also never decline.
Engineer B: so do or not?
Manager B: don't do first, let me settle with manager A.

(never settle involved higher manager C)


Manager B: what's the update?
Engineer B: you said don't do first wait for your approval..
Manager B: omg then you been working on what? Manager C want urgent update cause manager A updated him...
Engineer B (approach manager A) : so this part how to do? I need some guidance.
Manager A: your manager B say I cannot ask you must go through him. So you better ask him.
Engineer B: boss, manager A ask me to get your approval on how to proceed on this...
Manager B: don't know la. Never ask you to do. You go do for people. Now escalated to big boss become our problem. You solve it.

Engineer B: quit
Reply With Quote
  #1996 (permalink)  
Old 29-04-2021, 01:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can confirm...
Manager A: eh engineer B, can you help me process this, I've spoken to your manager B about this...
Engineer B: OK right away...
Manager B: engineer B what is the update on this? Why is there no progress.
Engineer B: boss, I'm working on that portion for manager A.
Manager B: why you work on that? I got give you approval meh? Please don't anyhow do things without my approval.
Engineer B: but manager A said he has spoken to you about it? I'm confused.
Manager B: yes he have spoken to me but I never agree to do. I also never decline.
Engineer B: so do or not?
Manager B: don't do first, let me settle with manager A.

(never settle involved higher manager C)


Manager B: what's the update?
Engineer B: you said don't do first wait for your approval..
Manager B: omg then you been working on what? Manager C want urgent update cause manager A updated him...
Engineer B (approach manager A) : so this part how to do? I need some guidance.
Manager A: your manager B say I cannot ask you must go through him. So you better ask him.
Engineer B: boss, manager A ask me to get your approval on how to proceed on this...
Manager B: don't know la. Never ask you to do. You go do for people. Now escalated to big boss become our problem. You solve it.

Engineer B: quit
Truly typically ST. Hahaha...
Reply With Quote

  #1997 (permalink)  
Old 29-04-2021, 06:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can confirm...
Manager A: eh engineer B, can you help me process this, I've spoken to your manager B about this...
Engineer B: OK right away...
Manager B: engineer B what is the update on this? Why is there no progress.
Engineer B: boss, I'm working on that portion for manager A.
Manager B: why you work on that? I got give you approval meh? Please don't anyhow do things without my approval.
Engineer B: but manager A said he has spoken to you about it? I'm confused.
Manager B: yes he have spoken to me but I never agree to do. I also never decline.
Engineer B: so do or not?
Manager B: don't do first, let me settle with manager A.

(never settle involved higher manager C)


Manager B: what's the update?
Engineer B: you said don't do first wait for your approval..
Manager B: omg then you been working on what? Manager C want urgent update cause manager A updated him...
Engineer B (approach manager A) : so this part how to do? I need some guidance.
Manager A: your manager B say I cannot ask you must go through him. So you better ask him.
Engineer B: boss, manager A ask me to get your approval on how to proceed on this...
Manager B: don't know la. Never ask you to do. You go do for people. Now escalated to big boss become our problem. You solve it.

Engineer B: quit
Lol. All these via email or verbal?
Reply With Quote
  #1998 (permalink)  
Old 30-04-2021, 08:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol. All these via email or verbal?
Crooks and thieves are smart enough to not leave paper trail.
You think manager here don't know how to evade email?

Typical excuse
1. Oh I never read the email... Too many email... I give verbal OK.
2 If you insist that you prefer email, he will say OK he will check his email when he return to office.
3 then many many dags he will say he haven't got the opportunity to log into office network so can't check. Give vernal OK.
4. You ask them for whatapps confirmation. They just type "OK"
5. Then anything... They say I only type "OK" but I never agree to xxx and yyy...

All sort of taichi skills one la.

You can say the manager here are borderline liars.
Outside manager try to be true to their words. They want to be accountable.

Here the managers are notorious with their lies.
And they do so knowingly.
Why? To protect their rice bowl by making it into someone else's problem...

Which is also funny cause alot of things is also outsourced out..
Then ST is do what? Other than house and pay all this overpaid managers with job security.. The real work also subcon out.

Really think about it.
We have perm staff who are just the project manager.
But the work is done by outsource and subcontractor..

So ST is a management company? Or an engineering company?
Why is there more managers than engineers?
And why all engineers all also wannabe managers.
Reply With Quote
  #1999 (permalink)  
Old 30-04-2021, 08:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My manager excuse is the best..
"I have too many project meeting I can't even keep track"

My response to him..
"then I one person have so many project to execute with details, I can keep track ah while your pay is 3x mine?"

If manager cannot keep track just meeting.
Why we need to keep the manager? Fire. Get a better manager right?
Reply With Quote
  #2000 (permalink)  
Old 30-04-2021, 09:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My manager excuse is the best..
"I have too many project meeting I can't even keep track"

My response to him..
"then I one person have so many project to execute with details, I can keep track ah while your pay is 3x mine?"

If manager cannot keep track just meeting.
Why we need to keep the manager? Fire. Get a better manager right?
They cannot keep track because they purposely don't want to keep track.
Either that.. Or they lack the skills and technical experience to manage a project...

Example our project is cloud based. The manager don't know cloud how to deploy. Etc.
How is he going to manage?? His previous experience are those logistic. Excel file. Diagram. Server room..

Cloud is different beast. No experience. Hire that manager for what?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Getting Diploma from Aerospace Electronics ? Dionne Monic Education and Personal Growth 6 10-02-2018 12:46 PM
Circuits and Electronics Engineering Tutor yice Income and Jobs 2 29-10-2012 04:02 PM
Electronics Design Course Promotion sthua Education and Personal Growth 1 16-08-2012 05:50 AM
Production Engineer (Electronics) curryrice Income and Jobs 1 25-03-2011 10:24 AM
How much does an electronics engineer get paid ? omara007 Income and Jobs 8 15-10-2009 08:03 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,730 Replies, 1,404,300 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,597 Replies, 1,267,520 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,661 Replies, 4,344,392 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,548 Replies, 7,328,714 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,633 Replies, 4,581,916 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
616 Replies, 95,751 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 2,803 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,331 Replies, 568,807 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
866 Replies, 218,592 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,058 Replies, 2,516,363 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 34,494 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 368,913 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,514 Replies, 728,887 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 451,862 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,997 Replies, 2,490,846 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,909 Replies, 1,740,935 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 56,629 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
470 Replies, 270,752 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
350 Replies, 151,286 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,844 Replies, 606,133 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 25,899 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,020 Replies, 736,385 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
298 Replies, 99,294 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,881 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 639,588 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 23,815 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 69,794 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,093 Replies, 1,309,838 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
229 Replies, 106,776 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 33,033 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2