ST Electronics - Page 198 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




ST Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1971 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2021, 04:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What the common exit options for ST?

Reply With Quote
  #1972 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2021, 05:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What the common exit options for ST?
Depends on your position and your past experience. Sad to say, a lot of attitudes and experience in ST won't really benefit the private sector as much as you might initially believed. So taking a paycut while you are still young to restart your career in an SME is a plausible option. Otherwise, you might have to consider taking up an entry level role in an MNC where you can rebuild your experience while you are still 'marketably' young. Nonetheless it is going to be a challenging transition. Good luck.

Reply With Quote
  #1973 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2021, 05:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What happened? What led to this?
Covid-19 la.
The whole aerospace no business. Company still want profit. Ceo still want bonus of millions...

So sacrifice all the low pay engineers so the senior management can get their million dollars bonus lo.
Logic.

Reply With Quote
  #1974 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2021, 07:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What happened? What led to this?

u went to other planets last year ah?
Reply With Quote
  #1975 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2021, 09:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depends on your position and your past experience. Sad to say, a lot of attitudes and experience in ST won't really benefit the private sector as much as you might initially believed. So taking a paycut while you are still young to restart your career in an SME is a plausible option. Otherwise, you might have to consider taking up an entry level role in an MNC where you can rebuild your experience while you are still 'marketably' young. Nonetheless it is going to be a challenging transition. Good luck.
Just curious, why do you think 'a lot of attitudes and experience in ST won't benefit the private sector'?
I thought ST is a big company that many companies will be rushing to hire?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1976 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2021, 09:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just curious, why do you think 'a lot of attitudes and experience in ST won't benefit the private sector'?
I thought ST is a big company that many companies will be rushing to hire?
Attitude in private sector : if you bring no value, you have no skills, you doesn't help company earn money. Sorry you are out.
Attitude in ST : if u bring no value, I have no skills, I leech the company pay every month but does not contribute to the company in any form, other than taking up space and air... I play politics. Outlast take credit for work but don't do work.... I bet promoted.... After I get promoted I do even less.
Reply With Quote

  #1977 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2021, 10:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Attitude in private sector : if you bring no value, you have no skills, you doesn't help company earn money. Sorry you are out.
Attitude in ST : if u bring no value, I have no skills, I leech the company pay every month but does not contribute to the company in any form, other than taking up space and air... I play politics. Outlast take credit for work but don't do work.... I bet promoted.... After I get promoted I do even less.
I believe this applies to M1 and above employees but not necessarily to those E6 and below.
Reply With Quote
  #1978 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2021, 11:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just curious, why do you think 'a lot of attitudes and experience in ST won't benefit the private sector'?
I thought ST is a big company that many companies will be rushing to hire?
Grossly incompetent, lack of critical thinking & disconnected from reality.
But not all are like that. Some of them are trying to break out of ST because they cannot fit into the toxic culture.
Reply With Quote
  #1979 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2021, 12:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Grossly incompetent, lack of critical thinking & disconnected from reality.
But not all are like that. Some of them are trying to break out of ST because they cannot fit into the toxic culture.
Let's see.
If I get paid 10k per month to do nothing...
Do I really need to connect to reality? Lol...

Manager paid 10k to bullshit. Engineer paid 4k.
Manager come late at 10 am excuse is just came back from meeting... Meeting who? Nobody knows.
Engineer in office since 8 am.

Engineer go lunch 12 pm
Manager already outside lunch come back around 2 pm.

Then manager afternoon meeting or what. 4pm leave to attend "meeting".

Right. Sure.
During covid-19 so many external meeting at dsta ah?
More like go home early cause nobody in office to micro manage lol.

So now no more WFH.
You can see them start attending lots and lots of meeting.

Maybe the title shouldt be manager la.
Should remane to "meeting attendee".

Then meeting nobody do anything. Just end up alot of taichi. Push here push there.
All manager no use one.

So management so useless....
You want engineer to be connected to reality and grounded and low pay and loyal and forward thinking??

Change all the managers first.
How can a division of 100 people. 80% are managers. 20% are engineers.
What a joke. The correct distribution is 80% are engineers. Only 10% is managers. And 10% extra.
Reply With Quote
  #1980 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2021, 02:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Let's see.
If I get paid 10k per month to do nothing...
Do I really need to connect to reality? Lol...

Manager paid 10k to bullshit. Engineer paid 4k.
Manager come late at 10 am excuse is just came back from meeting... Meeting who? Nobody knows.
Engineer in office since 8 am.

Engineer go lunch 12 pm
Manager already outside lunch come back around 2 pm.

Then manager afternoon meeting or what. 4pm leave to attend "meeting".

Right. Sure.
During covid-19 so many external meeting at dsta ah?
More like go home early cause nobody in office to micro manage lol.

So now no more WFH.
You can see them start attending lots and lots of meeting.

Maybe the title shouldt be manager la.
Should remane to "meeting attendee".

Then meeting nobody do anything. Just end up alot of taichi. Push here push there.
All manager no use one.

So management so useless....
You want engineer to be connected to reality and grounded and low pay and loyal and forward thinking??

Change all the managers first.
How can a division of 100 people. 80% are managers. 20% are engineers.
What a joke. The correct distribution is 80% are engineers. Only 10% is managers. And 10% extra.
Wah...very bad
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Getting Diploma from Aerospace Electronics ? Dionne Monic Education and Personal Growth 6 10-02-2018 12:46 PM
Circuits and Electronics Engineering Tutor yice Income and Jobs 2 29-10-2012 04:02 PM
Electronics Design Course Promotion sthua Education and Personal Growth 1 16-08-2012 05:50 AM
Production Engineer (Electronics) curryrice Income and Jobs 1 25-03-2011 10:24 AM
How much does an electronics engineer get paid ? omara007 Income and Jobs 8 15-10-2009 08:03 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,595 Replies, 1,267,232 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,548 Replies, 7,328,185 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,633 Replies, 4,580,775 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
616 Replies, 95,647 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,729 Replies, 1,404,074 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 2,784 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,331 Replies, 568,667 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,660 Replies, 4,344,104 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
866 Replies, 218,471 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,058 Replies, 2,516,191 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 34,453 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 368,891 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,514 Replies, 728,771 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 451,839 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,997 Replies, 2,490,541 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,909 Replies, 1,740,691 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 56,617 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
470 Replies, 270,644 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
350 Replies, 151,166 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,844 Replies, 605,949 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 25,888 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,020 Replies, 736,341 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
298 Replies, 99,216 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,871 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 639,504 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 23,786 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 69,755 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,093 Replies, 1,309,726 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
229 Replies, 106,718 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 33,011 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2