How much does an electronics engineer get paid ? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much does an electronics engineer get paid ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
omara007 is on a distinguished road
Default How much does an electronics engineer get paid ?

Hi folks

I'm an electronics engineer .. with 10+ years of experience .. I'm specialized in microelectronic design of semiconductor circuits ... people usually call my type of engineer: ASIC or FPGA design engineer .. the nature of work is exactly similar to that one in the Silicon Valley .. (like San Jose/ California in USA) ..

How much can I get in Singapore ? .. say I am being interviewed by some company like Infineon Technologies ..

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

10+ yrs of exp should make you 35~40 age range?

my guess is that you're going to do the job of an engineer, and not a manager/ director...the pay should be S$7~8k max

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
omara007 is on a distinguished road
Default

I graduated back in 1999 .. and I'm now 32 years old .. since graduation I've been working as a designer with some escalation in the post .. 5 years back I started to have some management duties .. as a project leader .. still, though I do manage teams, I mainly spend my time at work doing technical jobs .. you can briefly view me as a design lead/manager .. or a principle engineer ..

Do you think 7k to 8k is comfortably reasonable to live and save in Singapore ? .. any figures regarding the renting range of residential apartments ?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omara007 View Post
I graduated back in 1999 .. and I'm now 32 years old .. since graduation I've been working as a designer with some escalation in the post .. 5 years back I started to have some management duties .. as a project leader .. still, though I do manage teams, I mainly spend my time at work doing technical jobs .. you can briefly view me as a design lead/manager .. or a principle engineer ..

Do you think 7k to 8k is comfortably reasonable to live and save in Singapore ? .. any figures regarding the renting range of residential apartments ?
if you have a special skillset and managerial experience, it should not be hard for you to command 10k/mth anytime.

having 7~8k/mth is a reasonable salary, especially for someone your age (early 30s). however, it does make a big difference whether you're single/married with kids/dual income. having a household income of 7~8k comparing to a single earning the same amt do make a diff.

there's a big price range for SG housing, depending on the location, size, # of rooms, public or private housing
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
omara007 is on a distinguished road
Default

Yes, I do have a family (wife + 1 kid) .. how does that make a difference in the income ? .. should companies pay more or should the taxes be less ?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
omara007 is on a distinguished road
Default

Is 7k to 8k a gross or net salary ?
what about the taxes ?
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I don't mean in that aspect. but having a dual income vs a household income of 7~8k/mth do make a difference. household income of 7~8k/mth will sure survive in SG but you should not be expecting any fancy lifestyle. if your wife is not working, I think both your wife and kid can be deductibles when it comes to income tax. check out iras website for more info.

7~8k I mentioned above should be gross (not incl bonus, and no companies I heard of will pay more for your case), if you're foreign you do not need any cpf contributions. anyway, engineering jobs do not normally give out more than a couple months of bonus.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omara007 View Post
Hi folks

I'm an electronics engineer .. with 10+ years of experience .. I'm specialized in microelectronic design of semiconductor circuits ... people usually call my type of engineer: ASIC or FPGA design engineer .. the nature of work is exactly similar to that one in the Silicon Valley .. (like San Jose/ California in USA) ..

How much can I get in Singapore ? .. say I am being interviewed by some company like Infineon Technologies ..
I am not sure how true that the pay for an electronics engineer is can be $7 to 8K. I am a Senior engineer with a MNC electronic manufacturing company. My pay is not even anything close to $5k. $7 to 8k is more like a manager/senior manager pay. Other than my AWS, I hv not gotten any variable bonus for the last 2 yrs. But again, if you are an expat with very specialise skill set, the pay could be more.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am not sure how true that the pay for an electronics engineer is can be $7 to 8K. I am a Senior engineer with a MNC electronic manufacturing company. My pay is not even anything close to $5k. $7 to 8k is more like a manager/senior manager pay. Other than my AWS, I hv not gotten any variable bonus for the last 2 yrs. But again, if you are an expat with very specialise skill set, the pay could be more.
MNCs usually pay well. Are you with CSM?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
asic, electronics, fpga, semiconductors

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4 Highly Paid Professions Salary.sg Income and Jobs 8 16-04-2010 10:34 PM
Financial Companies earned the most Income (and paid the most Taxes) Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 25-09-2008 10:25 AM
Ex-Engineer now Makes 300k doing Sales Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 28-07-2008 11:11 PM
Case Study 2 - How Engineer made Half Million Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 10-02-2008 11:38 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,468 Replies, 697,852 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,912 Replies, 4,293,729 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
432 Replies, 101,893 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,474 Replies, 4,247,329 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,853 Replies, 1,636,864 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
550 Replies, 418,513 Views
MOM(ACE) offers good career... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 3,014 Views
Starter job for HR
0 Replies, 46 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,910 Replies, 2,415,337 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 13,652 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,930 Replies, 466,780 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
417 Replies, 293,398 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,681 Replies, 1,982,368 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 34,429 Views
Finance Student Career Advice ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 1,681 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 25,627 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
988 Replies, 708,742 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 436,704 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,511 Replies, 1,327,140 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,043 Replies, 1,631,163 Views
which have a better prospect,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 10,900 Views
Really that bad for engineers? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,238 Replies, 915,235 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,051 Replies, 1,130,266 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
446 Replies, 248,441 Views
What MAP should I apply?...
9 Replies, 2,258 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
72 Replies, 63,460 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,048 Replies, 1,276,607 Views
Civil engineering pay
6 Replies, 1,708 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
452 Replies, 356,770 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2