Shell Graduate program - Page 5 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Shell Graduate program

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
union jobs got many types, some of the technicians make a lot, hard to generalize. unless u join as grad program, normally union stay within union as they dont except fresh grad execs. only long serving and high performers are selected and move on to exec scheme.

i know some union staff there making a lot, so just don't get into trouble & stay long enough should be quite good pay.

may I know what sort of troubles? are there anything I should take note?

What is the pay progression like?

Thank you!



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
may I know what sort of troubles? are there anything I should take note?

What is the pay progression like?

Thank you!
just do ur work and lay low, most union ppl there wayang for decades till retirement, so its a good place with good bonus, good increment and very little work.

if pay progression is really that impt to u then my advice is dun waste time in a union environment. if work life balance, wayang a bit to get by is ur style, then its a good place. in shell once u promote to exec level the place is very political and need to network like mad.

Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What is the starting pay for second lower fresh grad (no ns)?

Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
just do ur work and lay low, most union ppl there wayang for decades till retirement, so its a good place with good bonus, good increment and very little work.

if pay progression is really that impt to u then my advice is dun waste time in a union environment. if work life balance, wayang a bit to get by is ur style, then its a good place. in shell once u promote to exec level the place is very political and need to network like mad.
yeah they did give me clues of the scenario there. which hinted "wayang-ness" although I brush it off quickly as I don't want to be dampen lest i lose the job. I need a solid company in my resume and my working career for my future. i see this as good opportunity.

Sounds good but I can't think about bonus or increment now. haha. usually I start new environment, i have to focus on integrating into the culture asap and mastering my working style there.

How little is the work??? say 9 to 5 right. 1 hour lunch ? means 7 hour work. if you full blast all the way do non-stop, then need how many hours??


What was your position previously?

hmm.. I am that type of person that only has WORK in my life, and my family. I live and breathe my work. It is my identity. Thats why when SHELL offered me, i see this huge company as something I can dedicate myself again.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the starting pay for second lower fresh grad (no ns)?
no honours is 2.5k, depending on experience can hit up to 2.7k
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2016, 11:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yeah they did give me clues of the scenario there. which hinted "wayang-ness" although I brush it off quickly as I don't want to be dampen lest i lose the job. I need a solid company in my resume and my working career for my future. i see this as good opportunity.

Sounds good but I can't think about bonus or increment now. haha. usually I start new environment, i have to focus on integrating into the culture asap and mastering my working style there.

How little is the work??? say 9 to 5 right. 1 hour lunch ? means 7 hour work. if you full blast all the way do non-stop, then need how many hours??


What was your position previously?

hmm.. I am that type of person that only has WORK in my life, and my family. I live and breathe my work. It is my identity. Thats why when SHELL offered me, i see this huge company as something I can dedicate myself again.
Shell is a super wayang company...
Reply With Quote

  #47 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yeah they did give me clues of the scenario there. which hinted "wayang-ness" although I brush it off quickly as I don't want to be dampen lest i lose the job. I need a solid company in my resume and my working career for my future. i see this as good opportunity.

Sounds good but I can't think about bonus or increment now. haha. usually I start new environment, i have to focus on integrating into the culture asap and mastering my working style there.

How little is the work??? say 9 to 5 right. 1 hour lunch ? means 7 hour work. if you full blast all the way do non-stop, then need how many hours??


What was your position previously?

hmm.. I am that type of person that only has WORK in my life, and my family. I live and breathe my work. It is my identity. Thats why when SHELL offered me, i see this huge company as something I can dedicate myself again.
union is really wayang go through motion every day till retirement. u will be ostracize if u try & act hero to be "on" abt doing ur job. promotion base on length of service & increment / bonus all fix regardless of performance.

if ur starting out fresh grad want to work hard make it big either join their grad program of go some other mncs & start off in a proper exec job.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
union is really wayang go through motion every day till retirement. u will be ostracize if u try & act hero to be "on" abt doing ur job. promotion base on length of service & increment / bonus all fix regardless of performance.

if ur starting out fresh grad want to work hard make it big either join their grad program of go some other mncs & start off in a proper exec job.

I guess I will just do my work diligently. I grad 2 years ago, 29 now.

I admire those people who stay all the way in one company and make it big.
Like a 40 year old friend of mine. 16 years inside Exxonmobil, rose from small time IT staff to Regional manager.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I guess I will just do my work diligently. I grad 2 years ago, 29 now.

I admire those people who stay all the way in one company and make it big.
Like a 40 year old friend of mine. 16 years inside Exxonmobil, rose from small time IT staff to Regional manager.
yea its not a bad thing to join shell union, just need to manage expectation on being a high flyer. if u stay stay low keep quiet the work load is very lax and pay good compare to many places.

as for shell & exxon proper, 40yo to reach regional mgr is consider average lah. those consider high potential usually reach this level by 31-32yo.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yea its not a bad thing to join shell union, just need to manage expectation on being a high flyer. if u stay stay low keep quiet the work load is very lax and pay good compare to many places.

as for shell & exxon proper, 40yo to reach regional mgr is consider average lah. those consider high potential usually reach this level by 31-32yo.
got it. stay real low and do my own work.

what was your last drawn with shell union ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Capitaland Graduate Development Program? Upper Frantly Income and Jobs 30 05-07-2023 01:37 PM
Aiming to get into an MBA program SGWorker Education and Personal Growth 20 21-06-2019 01:07 PM
Dive Management Associate Program Rickykoh Marketplace and Find Work 0 20-01-2013 01:30 PM
Interview at shell Gaga8255 Income and Jobs 5 15-11-2012 02:01 AM
Shell Interview mankee Income and Jobs 2 09-11-2011 02:13 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,826 Replies, 2,307,197 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,078 Replies, 5,111,476 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 78,079 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,352 Replies, 3,466,144 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,505 Replies, 1,403,703 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,208 Replies, 6,850,476 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
745 Replies, 415,781 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,684 Replies, 2,393,477 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,825 Replies, 1,448,620 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,159 Replies, 10,474,974 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 502,416 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,161 Replies, 3,806,837 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,350 Replies, 1,167,561 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,037 Replies, 1,088,911 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,902 Replies, 4,731,716 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,284 Replies, 639,545 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,441 Replies, 12,604,804 Views
Julius Baer Graduate Program 2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 16,968 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,768 Replies, 1,519,305 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,811 Replies, 1,580,074 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,489 Replies, 806,951 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 20,227 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 390,247 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 328,315 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 83,272 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 452,511 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 393,601 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 12,685 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
722 Replies, 555,141 Views
Private Banking Salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 139,269 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2