Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Old 05-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Bubbletea

Quote:
Originally Posted by floralpeace View Post
U r??
Since Feb. Shud be 6 month.
I failed a few more interviews.
I am bubbletea. Refer to earlier posts. That time u said got an interview u spent 3 hours de, in the end they didn't call u ah? U got call the HR to check?

Old 05-08-2014, 11:46 AM

floralpeace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbletea View Post
I am bubbletea. Refer to earlier posts. That time u said got an interview u spent 3 hours de, in the end they didn't call u ah? U got call the HR to check?
They nv offer me...

Old 05-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

It pains me when I see young and the not-so-young people trying to get jobs without success. This should not be the case, but unfortunately this is the reality in today's fast paced world.

I count myself very very lucky I didnt have to go through this stressful and despairing experience. My employer came courting us before we even completed our studies in the Uni. Those, like me who were not choosy about the organisation and pay, were offered jobs immediately. For me, coming from a poor family, the pay offered was more than I could imagine and my parents were happy. And when they are happy, I am happy. That was enough for me, even when I found out later that my classmates got better pay in other companies.

Believe it or not, I have stayed with that company for 30 years now, while those classmates of mine have moved on. Some retired prematurely, while admittedly others did well as they moved from one company to the next better paying company.

Staying employed or in a company requires lots of commitment and work, not too much different from staying married. I must say, honestly, there were countless times I wanted to quit because of job stress and unhappiness of career progression (rather the lack of), but stick to it I did. Now that I am a "senior" in the company I always advise my younger colleagues to stay the course and not be discouraged by set backs either in their careers or projects. It is easy to "escape" by quitting in times of difficulty, but many dont realise they could be getting into bigger troubles like not getting the next job. Worse if they are married and have to take care of family finances.

What are my "rewards" for my so-called "loyalty" to my job/company? Monetary rewards: I stay in a condo, owned another for rental income. Both my wife and I have our own cars. Yes, looking back, things seem easy, but if I were to go through the process again, I might not be able to do it again.

Quote:
I thinking if to do contract jobs bt nt sure whether will worse cz look like jobhopper...

Old 05-08-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It pains me when I see young and the not-so-young people trying to get jobs without success. This should not be the case, but unfortunately this is the reality in today's fast paced world.

I count myself very very lucky I didnt have to go through this stressful and despairing experience. My employer came courting us before we even completed our studies in the Uni. Those, like me who were not choosy about the organisation and pay, were offered jobs immediately. For me, coming from a poor family, the pay offered was more than I could imagine and my parents were happy. And when they are happy, I am happy. That was enough for me, even when I found out later that my classmates got better pay in other companies.

Believe it or not, I have stayed with that company for 30 years now, while those classmates of mine have moved on. Some retired prematurely, while admittedly others did well as they moved from one company to the next better paying company.

Staying employed or in a company requires lots of commitment and work, not too much different from staying married. I must say, honestly, there were countless times I wanted to quit because of job stress and unhappiness of career progression (rather the lack of), but stick to it I did. Now that I am a "senior" in the company I always advise my younger colleagues to stay the course and not be discouraged by set backs either in their careers or projects. It is easy to "escape" by quitting in times of difficulty, but many dont realise they could be getting into bigger troubles like not getting the next job. Worse if they are married and have to take care of family finances.

What are my "rewards" for my so-called "loyalty" to my job/company? Monetary rewards: I stay in a condo, owned another for rental income. Both my wife and I have our own cars. Yes, looking back, things seem easy, but if I were to go through the process again, I might not be able to do it again.
Different ppl different situation.
My coy cant stay for tat long also. If I dun go out kna backstab til out oso. By that time nobody will consider for interview even.
Its like a relationship if the spouse betray will u make thgs work?
For me I won't. I will leave.
Knowing the current situation and thinking bk. I still would make the same decision.

Last edited by floralpeace; 05-08-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
They nv offer me...
Then u should boycott the company that made u waste 3 hrs. Hate companies like that.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Then u should boycott the company that made u waste 3 hrs. Hate companies like that.
Boycott they also dun care.
Just a small fry to them.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Im still jobless.....
Sigh....
Anyone knows wads the model answer to why did u leave without a job n what were you doing with your gap?
The gap is 6 months nw.
me too.. My reason is I went for a part time course. The job scope did not allow me to go for the course. But not much help. I still jobless
Old 05-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

I can only say the society has changed. I belonging to the 20s age group and I still jobless. From my parents or relatives, last time easier to get into the ideal job or organisation you like as long as you got the referral. Nowadays qualifications and relevant experience matter.

I myself prefer job related to compliance or due diligence. However, there hardly organisation trusting an candidate without relevant experience. If I am the recruiter, I would think likewise. So I hardly blame them.

End up, as time goes by, I tend to apply jobs that I have weak interest and passion in. But the organisations are not stupid either. For example, you applied for few positions in DBS or Singtel a month. Hey. They would know you do not like the job you applied at all.

So I feel trapped and depressed. With savings depleting, my family over-reliance on me. My qualifications (just 3rd class hons) and experience lose out to other better candidates. Sending out many resumes daily also seem fruitless.

If possible, I would prefer not to earn the GST voucher.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I can only say the society has changed. I belonging to the 20s age group and I still jobless. From my parents or relatives, last time easier to get into the ideal job or organisation you like as long as you got the referral. Nowadays qualifications and relevant experience matter.

I myself prefer job related to compliance or due diligence. However, there hardly organisation trusting an candidate without relevant experience. If I am the recruiter, I would think likewise. So I hardly blame them.

End up, as time goes by, I tend to apply jobs that I have weak interest and passion in. But the organisations are not stupid either. For example, you applied for few positions in DBS or Singtel a month. Hey. They would know you do not like the job you applied at all.

So I feel trapped and depressed. With savings depleting, my family over-reliance on me. My qualifications (just 3rd class hons) and experience lose out to other better candidates. Sending out many resumes daily also seem fruitless.

If possible, I would prefer not to earn the GST voucher.
U jobless ard hw long?
U all unregistered v hard to know hu is hu.
Anyway I oso same situation I go to all types of interviews and all gt rejected.
Oni few is really gt interest. The rest oso no interest but still went for interviews.
And its v obvious cz a few questions can know whether ur interest lvl is high.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
me too.. My reason is I went for a part time course. The job scope did not allow me to go for the course. But not much help. I still jobless
U should be happy that u gt a valid reason and a cert to prove your point.