Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 06:32 PM

floralpeace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can only say the society has changed. I belonging to the 20s age group and I still jobless. From my parents or relatives, last time easier to get into the ideal job or organisation you like as long as you got the referral. Nowadays qualifications and relevant experience matter.

I myself prefer job related to compliance or due diligence. However, there hardly organisation trusting an candidate without relevant experience. If I am the recruiter, I would think likewise. So I hardly blame them.

End up, as time goes by, I tend to apply jobs that I have weak interest and passion in. But the organisations are not stupid either. For example, you applied for few positions in DBS or Singtel a month. Hey. They would know you do not like the job you applied at all.

So I feel trapped and depressed. With savings depleting, my family over-reliance on me. My qualifications (just 3rd class hons) and experience lose out to other better candidates. Sending out many resumes daily also seem fruitless.

If possible, I would prefer not to earn the GST voucher.
U jobless ard hw long?
U all unregistered v hard to know hu is hu.
Anyway I oso same situation I go to all types of interviews and all gt rejected.
Oni few is really gt interest. The rest oso no interest but still went for interviews.
And its v obvious cz a few questions can know whether ur interest lvl is high.