Career as Teacher - Page 285 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2841 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2020, 08:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The highest I've seen on a non-KP is SEO2 potential - possible to take on HOD or LT role.

If that's really the case, it will probably mean you've been enjoying a faster rate of promotion, and it'll be easier for you to formally take on a position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, when you have been told that your CEP is very high, one of the highest in the school, what would that translate into usually? Anyone on ranking panel can share some insight?

Reply With Quote
  #2842 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2020, 09:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
C- during my first year of teaching. I did relief teaching till August before I had my own classes.

You can view the promotion as a batch promotion. Though if getting C- means no promotion for the next three years held true, then I wouldn’t have been promoted anyway.

As for getting a B the next year, some factors I can think of:
- I told my P I wanted to know how to get an A or a B.
- I had a change of RO.
- Someone nominated me for OCA and I won it.
On hindsight, it was largely human factors that changed my performance grading. My work and work ethic remained similar for both years.
It is strange to be given C- for year 1 though unless you really screwed up something

Reply With Quote
  #2843 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2020, 09:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, when you have been told that your CEP is very high, one of the highest in the school, what would that translate into usually? Anyone on ranking panel can share some insight?
Are you already a KP?

Also, are you a scholar? PSC scholar perhaps?

"High" means different things depending on your answers to the above. For a non-KP normal teacher, P6 (SEO2) could be considered high, but if you are a PSC scholar, then we have to look at "high" differently.

Reply With Quote
  #2844 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2020, 09:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you already a KP?

Also, are you a scholar? PSC scholar perhaps?

"High" means different things depending on your answers to the above. For a non-KP normal teacher, P6 (SEO2) could be considered high, but if you are a PSC scholar, then we have to look at "high" differently.
I'm just finishing my 2nd year in service actually.. Just a teacher..

I was a TSL but I don't think these scholarships count for much though unless you're an ems or psc scholar.
Reply With Quote
  #2845 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2020, 11:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm just finishing my 2nd year in service actually.. Just a teacher..

I was a TSL but I don't think these scholarships count for much though unless you're an ems or psc scholar.
For those who are unaware. MOE & NIE have changed their policy a few years ago. Everyone who enters NIE to complete a degree in education is known as a teaching scholar. This is apparently a move to make the NIE degree more “prestigious”. So, all NIE degree graduates are now Teaching Scholars.
Reply With Quote
  #2846 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2020, 11:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For those who are unaware. MOE & NIE have changed their policy a few years ago. Everyone who enters NIE to complete a degree in education is known as a teaching scholar. This is apparently a move to make the NIE degree more “prestigious”. So, all NIE degree graduates are now Teaching Scholars.
Just to clarify, I was under the old scheme, where i did a degree first followed by PDGE~
Reply With Quote

  #2847 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2020, 12:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you already a KP?

Also, are you a scholar? PSC scholar perhaps?

"High" means different things depending on your answers to the above. For a non-KP normal teacher, P6 (SEO2) could be considered high, but if you are a PSC scholar, then we have to look at "high" differently.
Personally I know of an ex teacher who came in as a scholar. She got GEO 5 in her 5th year. Came in direct from HQ and as SH. Her CEP was that of a director.. However, she decided to pursue other interests and is much happier now..
Reply With Quote
  #2848 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2020, 08:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Personally I know of an ex teacher who came in as a scholar. She got GEO 5 in her 5th year. Came in direct from HQ and as SH. Her CEP was that of a director.. However, she decided to pursue other interests and is much happier now..
Not sure if that is possible now. Even the PSC scholars I know in HQ are not GEO5 after 5 years of service.
Reply With Quote
  #2849 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2020, 04:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
C- during my first year of teaching. I did relief teaching till August before I had my own classes.

You can view the promotion as a batch promotion. Though if getting C- means no promotion for the next three years held true, then I wouldn’t have been promoted anyway.

As for getting a B the next year, some factors I can think of:
- I told my P I wanted to know how to get an A or a B.
- I had a change of RO.
- Someone nominated me for OCA and I won it.
On hindsight, it was largely human factors that changed my performance grading. My work and work ethic remained similar for both years.
Your school seems very inconsistent.
C- to B is a difference of 3 grades.
It is not common at all


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2850 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2020, 12:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How long does it take to promote if your cep is raised?
Performance average.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,402 Replies, 1,392,318 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,096 Replies, 270,259 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,352 Replies, 4,828,159 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,729 Replies, 7,486,960 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,286 Replies, 651,993 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,915 Replies, 1,461,272 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
488 Replies, 345,537 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
92 Replies, 27,066 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 123,314 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,103 Replies, 1,329,947 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,952 Replies, 1,810,509 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,690 Views
Relocation to the US or stay in SG? ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 874 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 101,110 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
201 Replies, 68,662 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,152 Replies, 1,719,759 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
115 Replies, 44,752 Views
Anyone working in Recruit express? ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 39,093 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
823 Replies, 222,027 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
64 Replies, 10,431 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
347 Replies, 111,413 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
575 Replies, 458,298 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 138,566 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,204 Replies, 2,594,503 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 68,707 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
208 Replies, 172,228 Views
Working 2 FT (remote) jobs?...
2 Replies, 162 Views
Luxoft
0 Replies, 45 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,065 Replies, 567,172 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2