Career as Teacher - Page 185 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1841 (permalink)  
Old 17-10-2019, 12:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Connect plan 7 year payout

Hi anyone knows what's the payout for connect plan at end of 7 years?

Reply With Quote
  #1842 (permalink)  
Old 23-10-2019, 03:24 PM
KAR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Mid Career Switch

Hello all,

I am an NUS 2nd upper male Grad looking at a mid career switch to teaching. I have been working for slightly less than 2 years(only). Will MOE consider my "work experience" and attempt to match my salary? (Currently monthly approximately 5.3k)

Reply With Quote
  #1843 (permalink)  
Old 23-10-2019, 08:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAR View Post
Hello all,

I am an NUS 2nd upper male Grad looking at a mid career switch to teaching. I have been working for slightly less than 2 years(only). Will MOE consider my "work experience" and attempt to match my salary? (Currently monthly approximately 5.3k)
Only relevant work experience will contribute to any increased starting salary point. i.e. your work experience has to be related to your intended teaching subject(s), or related to education.

You will most likely not get 5.3k even with 2 years relevant work experience. At most it will be around 4.5k (optimistic figure, could be lower).



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1844 (permalink)  
Old 23-10-2019, 09:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAR View Post
Hello all,

I am an NUS 2nd upper male Grad looking at a mid career switch to teaching. I have been working for slightly less than 2 years(only). Will MOE consider my "work experience" and attempt to match my salary? (Currently monthly approximately 5.3k)
Tbh they won't coz if they match it 5.3k other cher will be angst. And also to justify a 5.3k you need to do 1.5 FTE of teaching.
Reply With Quote
  #1845 (permalink)  
Old 24-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAR View Post
Hello all,

I am an NUS 2nd upper male Grad looking at a mid career switch to teaching. I have been working for slightly less than 2 years(only). Will MOE consider my "work experience" and attempt to match my salary? (Currently monthly approximately 5.3k)
I only have 5.3k after 3.5 years exp with one overseas masters (education related) and one local masters (CS1 related) and 2 B grades.

You wont get 5.3k until about 2 years trained service (or 3, if MOE doesnt consider your work exp relevant).
Reply With Quote
  #1846 (permalink)  
Old 24-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I only have 5.3k after 3.5 years exp with one overseas masters (education related) and one local masters (CS1 related) and 2 B grades.

You wont get 5.3k until about 2 years trained service (or 3, if MOE doesnt consider your work exp relevant).
Male with first class honours? 5.3k after 3.5 years is fast!
Reply With Quote

  #1847 (permalink)  
Old 24-10-2019, 09:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi anyone knows what's the payout for connect plan at end of 7 years?

Table 3: Payout schedule wef 1 Oct 2015
CONNECT Year Maximum Payout*
GEO 1 - 5 (2015) & SEO 1 - 3 (2015)
4 $15,200 (60%)
7 $24,000 (75%)
10 $25,900 (80%)
15 $36,100 (80%)
20 $28,500 (80%)
25 $18,500 (80%)
30 $20,600 (100%)
Reply With Quote
  #1848 (permalink)  
Old 26-10-2019, 01:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Religious Influences on Students

Hi all, I need some advice on this. But before that, I wish to just mention that I am not targeting any particular groups in Singapore.

Apparently in the recent years, many of the older students and alumni have recruited many of my current school students to a church. Some teachers actually do know of this because some students have been using it as a reason not to come for Saturday activities or camps. Of course, we usually warn the students that it is not a valid reason.

However, I do have greater concern for the influences their seniors or friends are having on them.

1. Our government allows religious freedom. But at such a young age, do they really know the purpose of religion? Or are they just following their friends simply because it seems popular, trendy and hot?

2. Some teachers already know about this "mass recruitment/influence" it is having on our school's students, but they tend to be hushed up about it. Is it because they are scared of stepping into a "restricted zone" as defined by MOE (just like LGBT issues)?

3. Do the parents of these kids know about where they are going and what they are doing outside? Should the teachers be informing their parents about it?

If it's the parents themselves who wish to bring their kids up religiously, I have no comment about that since it is the parent's choice. But if it is like a "trend" between schoolmates now? Do we exercise control?

By the way, my school is also not a mission school. It is secular/neutral in terms of religion. I am also not an atheist or anti-religious in any way.

I just hope for my students to think and reflect critically and logically, and not be easily influenced by their friends or even use these as excuses or reasons for misbehaviour e.g. skipping school activities.

Hope I can have some constructive advice/suggestions for this
Reply With Quote
  #1849 (permalink)  
Old 26-10-2019, 03:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

To be honest, what students do outside school is their own private business as long as itís not illegal. Do be careful if u intend to Ďdo something about ití. Itís really not within your control and not your business.
Reply With Quote
  #1850 (permalink)  
Old 26-10-2019, 05:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, I need some advice on this. But before that, I wish to just mention that I am not targeting any particular groups in Singapore.

Apparently in the recent years, many of the older students and alumni have recruited many of my current school students to a church. Some teachers actually do know of this because some students have been using it as a reason not to come for Saturday activities or camps. Of course, we usually warn the students that it is not a valid reason.

However, I do have greater concern for the influences their seniors or friends are having on them.

1. Our government allows religious freedom. But at such a young age, do they really know the purpose of religion? Or are they just following their friends simply because it seems popular, trendy and hot?

2. Some teachers already know about this "mass recruitment/influence" it is having on our school's students, but they tend to be hushed up about it. Is it because they are scared of stepping into a "restricted zone" as defined by MOE (just like LGBT issues)?

3. Do the parents of these kids know about where they are going and what they are doing outside? Should the teachers be informing their parents about it?

If it's the parents themselves who wish to bring their kids up religiously, I have no comment about that since it is the parent's choice. But if it is like a "trend" between schoolmates now? Do we exercise control?

By the way, my school is also not a mission school. It is secular/neutral in terms of religion. I am also not an atheist or anti-religious in any way.

I just hope for my students to think and reflect critically and logically, and not be easily influenced by their friends or even use these as excuses or reasons for misbehaviour e.g. skipping school activities.

Hope I can have some constructive advice/suggestions for this

Because they are minors, their parents have a right to know.

Then again the kind of toa paying ritual killing cult is not common in sg.

Realistically speaking from risk assessment point of view, I don't think there is any physical danger. At most ur students just lose their pocket money to the tithing.

This kind of thing happens even 20-30 years ago when I was a student. I just lost some pocket money.

At this age, students are impressionable. They just want a social gathering. U think they care about doctrine?

I wouldn't really bat an eyelid. But if you are uncomfortable, during meet the parents session can tell the parents.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,658 Replies, 5,446,488 Views
Insurance Agent to Bancassurance...
7 Replies, 5,075 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,572 Replies, 1,250,947 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 240,266 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 11,775 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
923 Replies, 739,133 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,295 Replies, 234,429 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,816 Replies, 1,057,296 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,057 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 62,189 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 113,659 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,196 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,699 Replies, 2,380,584 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
2 Replies, 979 Views
Mask price discount in cb period
0 Replies, 31 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 4,225 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 23,566 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 169,214 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 46,030 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,710 Replies, 779,748 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,156 Replies, 879,189 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,207 Replies, 1,858,655 Views
Dentist Salary
7 Replies, 6,037 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 10,356 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 21,184 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
124 Replies, 81,591 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
803 Replies, 533,539 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,319 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,974 Replies, 917,354 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 13,499 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2