Career as Teacher - Page 275 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2741 (permalink)  
Old 15-08-2020, 06:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i taught for 9 years already, still a geo3.

i guess my cep must be damn low
Could you share your performance grades over the years and whether u are a grad?

Reply With Quote
  #2742 (permalink)  
Old 15-08-2020, 07:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Could you share your performance grades over the years and whether u are a grad?
2 C+

The rest all C.

I'm a dip ed holder. Then i went to do part time degree at Unisim (now known as SUSS), n got emplacement in my 4th year.

Reply With Quote
  #2743 (permalink)  
Old 16-08-2020, 02:50 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 2
DavidDiaz is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm going to legal. Can't decide between the attorney's office and the prosecutor's office. Tell me what to choose.

Reply With Quote
  #2744 (permalink)  
Old 16-08-2020, 11:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

U obviously CHOSE to post in the wrong thread.
Reply With Quote
  #2745 (permalink)  
Old 16-08-2020, 07:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2 C+

The rest all C.

I'm a dip ed holder. Then i went to do part time degree at Unisim (now known as SUSS), n got emplacement in my 4th year.
So I am assuming that you are already at GEO 3 when they switched from the old 1A1 subgrade? How long have you been in the same grade?
Reply With Quote
  #2746 (permalink)  
Old 17-08-2020, 12:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone able to share based on experience/what you know, about hq officers who request to end their stint early and return to sch? Implications/Expected procedure. Thanks
Reply With Quote

  #2747 (permalink)  
Old 18-08-2020, 09:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just sharing my personal experience... I started with untrained contract teaching in 2006, continue with DipEd and finally Degree with UniSIM (SUSS). As of now (2020), I am also a GEO 3.

I was posted to a "small" school and there were really many opportunities to shine. However, it was too tiring. The year I obtained a B, I was involved in many programmes / projects / overseas exchange / school, cluster and national sharing etc. Subsequently, I transferred to another school due to merger. I don't have that many opportunities and much on my portfolio to showcase. My RO even told me that I'm not a very experienced teacher in his opinion. Only good part is that I get to go home earlier more often. Oh well...
Reply With Quote
  #2748 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2020, 12:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i am a current GEO 3, 5 years in service. Graduated straight from NIE BA/BSc programme and teaching non examinable subject (single subject) in a secondary school. Served NS, early 30s currently.

have been doing some projects in my school (low to high stake) but has been getting only a "C" for PB since in service.

Starting from this year, i have been appointed overall IC for my CCA (is this considered high stake position?) and have made it clear to my RO that I would like to take up some KP position starting 2021.

My SLs are not really young (late 40s to 50s) and my school culture is really good (happy to stay in my school).

However, I have been thinking about transferring school (or to HQ branch) to progress further in my career. But I have enjoyed teaching in my school and enjoyed good relationship with students and colleagues to the extent that we have regular meet up outside of school. I have heard of many political stories elsewhere and sometimes i have been told to "count my blessing" by many friends and seniors teaching in other schools.

I would like to progress up the rank (raising to SEO grade) in my career. I understand that being in my early 30s and still at GEO 3 means my progression is really slow. (maybe low CEP?)


Would like to seek the almighty forumers who can give me advice. Should i leave my current school (sacrifice the good office culture and relationship with students/colleague) for a better shot at SEO grade?
Reply With Quote
  #2749 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2020, 01:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a current GEO 3, 5 years in service. Graduated straight from NIE BA/BSc programme and teaching non examinable subject (single subject) in a secondary school. Served NS, early 30s currently.

have been doing some projects in my school (low to high stake) but has been getting only a "C" for PB since in service.

Starting from this year, i have been appointed overall IC for my CCA (is this considered high stake position?) and have made it clear to my RO that I would like to take up some KP position starting 2021.

My SLs are not really young (late 40s to 50s) and my school culture is really good (happy to stay in my school).

However, I have been thinking about transferring school (or to HQ branch) to progress further in my career. But I have enjoyed teaching in my school and enjoyed good relationship with students and colleagues to the extent that we have regular meet up outside of school. I have heard of many political stories elsewhere and sometimes i have been told to "count my blessing" by many friends and seniors teaching in other schools.

I would like to progress up the rank (raising to SEO grade) in my career. I understand that being in my early 30s and still at GEO 3 means my progression is really slow. (maybe low CEP?)


Would like to seek the almighty forumers who can give me advice. Should i leave my current school (sacrifice the good office culture and relationship with students/colleague) for a better shot at SEO grade?
You are only in service for 5 years. You would have probably promoted to GEO3 only 1 or 2 years ago. Most teachers will stay in their sub grade for at least 3-5 years before they are even considered for promotion.
Reply With Quote
  #2750 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2020, 01:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are only in service for 5 years. You would have probably promoted to GEO3 only 1 or 2 years ago. Most teachers will stay in their sub grade for at least 3-5 years before they are even considered for promotion.
Sorry, forgot to mention that I was promoted to GEO 3 in 2016. Have been at GEO 3 since then.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,978 Replies, 2,911,896 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
776 Replies, 234,016 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,758 Replies, 818,222 Views
How to know you are not fit for...
2 Replies, 250 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,576 Replies, 5,800,334 Views
How to avoid giving pass salary...
7 Replies, 422 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,374 Replies, 1,972,736 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
720 Replies, 361,154 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
78 Replies, 117,390 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
218 Replies, 215,988 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
401 Replies, 216,619 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,515 Replies, 1,069,032 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,376 Replies, 950,943 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
120 Replies, 28,172 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,992 Replies, 3,801,118 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
76 Replies, 5,876 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,090 Replies, 1,311,335 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
128 Replies, 22,591 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,817 Replies, 1,701,281 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,119 Replies, 520,671 Views
Software developers salary outlier
9 Replies, 1,698 Views
technical role in pharmaceutical...
8 Replies, 2,311 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
264 Replies, 172,653 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
397 Replies, 261,573 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,625 Replies, 1,325,040 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
137 Replies, 128,431 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,984 Replies, 1,126,690 Views
Finding freelance web developer...
2 Replies, 404 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,836 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
151 Replies, 18,233 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2