Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 58 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #571 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Deloitte

No distinction according to Class of Honors known yet.
Fresh grad joined in june 2015

Y1 associate: $2,800
Y2 associate: $3,200
Y1 Senior associate: $4,100
Y2 Senior associate: $4,600
Assistant Manager: $5,200

Reply With Quote
  #572 (permalink)  
Old 20-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Unregistered

Hello all

Just a question: Is it a must for you to be majoring in accounting to be employed in the big 4? I'm currently a student in local university majoring in sociology.

Reply With Quote
  #573 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default My 2 cents

I love how this forum allows unregistered postings, which allows for unbashful disclosure and sharing. Just sharing a part of my professional life below, hoping it would benefit someone out there:

2011 - Big 4 audit - associate 1 - 2,800 (bonus 1.15)
2012 - Big 4 audit - associate 2 - 3,200 (bonus 0)
2013 - Bank – treasury analyst - 3,800 (bonus 0)
2014 - Consultancy firm - associate - 4,500 (bonus 6)
2015 - Consultancy firm – asst manager – 6,000 (bonus 8)
2016 - Consultancy firm – manager – 8,000 (bonus 5.5)

Big 4 audit:
During my first year in big4, it was amazing, because no where else gives you a ‘cohort’ scenario of 50-100 odd people coming in at the same time. I have made lifelong friends there. Everything else in the big4? Hated it. Audit was just not for me somehow. I was underperforming, slept on the job, produced poor quality of work, and senior manager had his daily shouting sessions criticising my work. In all honesty, he had the right to. During my second year as an A2, I was told that I would not be promoted. Depression hit and I resigned in a heartbeat.

Bank analyst:
Comfortable hours, ending 6-630 everyday. Had OT pay of (35 dollars/hour) clocking in after 6PM. Day in day out just churning bank reports. However I only lasted 6 months there. Too rigid and boring. Learning curve was non-existing.

Consulting:
Took two steps back by joining as accountant in a corporate advisory firm. Things took a turn. Work was interesting, worked my arse off because I wanted to. All of a sudden, concerns over hours/salary/politics just melts away because job satisfaction just kicks in. Before I knew it, I was promoted every year and working on interesting deals, including op/financial restructuring, refinancing and currently working to IPO a turned-around company now.

My takeaway from all this – The big4 is not cut out for everyone but on the other hand, it might provide you the learning experience both on a professional and personal basis to move on to the next milestone in life.

Reply With Quote
  #574 (permalink)  
Old 26-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi guys. Who is from Infinity Assurance LLP here? How much do they offer for audit Associate y2? Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #575 (permalink)  
Old 27-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I love how this forum allows unregistered postings, which allows for unbashful disclosure and sharing. Just sharing a part of my professional life below, hoping it would benefit someone out there:

2011 - Big 4 audit - associate 1 - 2,800 (bonus 1.15)
2012 - Big 4 audit - associate 2 - 3,200 (bonus 0)
2013 - Bank – treasury analyst - 3,800 (bonus 0)
2014 - Consultancy firm - associate - 4,500 (bonus 6)
2015 - Consultancy firm – asst manager – 6,000 (bonus 8)
2016 - Consultancy firm – manager – 8,000 (bonus 5.5)

Big 4 audit:
During my first year in big4, it was amazing, because no where else gives you a ‘cohort’ scenario of 50-100 odd people coming in at the same time. I have made lifelong friends there. Everything else in the big4? Hated it. Audit was just not for me somehow. I was underperforming, slept on the job, produced poor quality of work, and senior manager had his daily shouting sessions criticising my work. In all honesty, he had the right to. During my second year as an A2, I was told that I would not be promoted. Depression hit and I resigned in a heartbeat.

Bank analyst:
Comfortable hours, ending 6-630 everyday. Had OT pay of (35 dollars/hour) clocking in after 6PM. Day in day out just churning bank reports. However I only lasted 6 months there. Too rigid and boring. Learning curve was non-existing.

Consulting:
Took two steps back by joining as accountant in a corporate advisory firm. Things took a turn. Work was interesting, worked my arse off because I wanted to. All of a sudden, concerns over hours/salary/politics just melts away because job satisfaction just kicks in. Before I knew it, I was promoted every year and working on interesting deals, including op/financial restructuring, refinancing and currently working to IPO a turned-around company now.

My takeaway from all this – The big4 is not cut out for everyone but on the other hand, it might provide you the learning experience both on a professional and personal basis to move on to the next milestone in life.
******** bonus
Reply With Quote
  #576 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi guys, I am new to big 4. Does anyone know if big 4 gives AWS or do they only have performance bonus?
Reply With Quote

  #577 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, I am new to big 4. Does anyone know if big 4 gives AWS or do they only have performance bonus?
No AWS. Only performance bonus.
Reply With Quote
  #578 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 76
SG_User is on a distinguished road
Default

Sorry if this may be off-topic

Currently I am in my studies while working full time in a SME doing accounts job (AP and AR). Now I am wondering where can I proceed to or move on to, because I have been doing data entry for over 2 years and I find it not promising. And when I take a look at the jobs in the market, not very good. Many are looking for experienced hires on full set accounts which I do not have.

Frankly speaking, other than flexibility in my current job, there is basically no other prospects at all. No career/learning development and progression.

Some people have advised me to go a small/mid-tier audit firm to work, better exposure and better learning curve. Yet on the other hand, some are against this move because I am still studying and I won't be able to cope well.

I am not sure what to do now.
Reply With Quote
  #579 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG_User View Post
Sorry if this may be off-topic

Currently I am in my studies while working full time in a SME doing accounts job (AP and AR). Now I am wondering where can I proceed to or move on to, because I have been doing data entry for over 2 years and I find it not promising. And when I take a look at the jobs in the market, not very good. Many are looking for experienced hires on full set accounts which I do not have.

Frankly speaking, other than flexibility in my current job, there is basically no other prospects at all. No career/learning development and progression.

Some people have advised me to go a small/mid-tier audit firm to work, better exposure and better learning curve. Yet on the other hand, some are against this move because I am still studying and I won't be able to cope well.

I am not sure what to do now.
What is your qualification? Got CPA or ACCA? Otherwise go small audit firms sure end up sai gang party do all the simple documentation & clerical work same as data entry.

I assume you are doing part time private degree? That one not very useful in auditing firms. Alternative is to go other SME find a finance exec role after you graduate, but difficulty is poor job market now generic part time degree is not useful so need to be patient.
Reply With Quote
  #580 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 76
SG_User is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is your qualification? Got CPA or ACCA? Otherwise go small audit firms sure end up sai gang party do all the simple documentation & clerical work same as data entry.

I assume you are doing part time private degree? That one not very useful in auditing firms. Alternative is to go other SME find a finance exec role after you graduate, but difficulty is poor job market now generic part time degree is not useful so need to be patient.
Hi, I am studying at UniSIM, part time degree. Those who advise me to leave my current workplace and join audit are my ex-colleagues -- accountants and other account executives who have worked for more than 3 years here.

Hmm...I did tried finding similar capacity roles but mainly asking for full set accounts exp which I do not have. I can keep on apply non-stop and hope someone wants me...Ultimately, I can still stay on at my current place since at least job security is there, but long term wise it is probably not a wise decision.

Last edited by SG_User; 12-03-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,836 Replies, 2,310,770 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,164 Replies, 10,478,650 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,354 Replies, 3,467,878 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,828 Replies, 1,449,832 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,352 Replies, 1,168,352 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,124 Replies, 5,114,560 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 380,904 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,212 Replies, 6,853,067 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,047 Replies, 1,089,787 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,812 Replies, 1,581,041 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
751 Replies, 416,632 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,685 Replies, 2,395,115 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,164 Replies, 3,809,703 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,508 Replies, 1,404,491 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,903 Replies, 4,733,687 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,285 Replies, 640,351 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 78,205 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
723 Replies, 555,503 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 502,829 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,441 Replies, 12,608,104 Views
Julius Baer Graduate Program 2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 17,040 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,768 Replies, 1,519,873 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,489 Replies, 807,227 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 20,272 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 390,716 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 328,507 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 83,329 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 452,763 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 393,739 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 12,725 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2