Compare civil service salary - Page 155 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1541 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollnrock View Post
Come on la I have B grading every year and only get around $120 increment. Compared to mx, C also can get $250!

Only the salary adjustment made our pay higher. And I'm earning more than the fresh grads who join us. I don't want to be in that situation when I join other agency. If you are asking why I want to leave when my performance has always been good, well the management sucks. I'm just hanging on till I get a good offer.

Do govt pay that well? You got to be an excellent performer to be happy. Don't expect to join n shake leg. You will be seen as a junk.
is it true that a higher ranking MX with the same grade will get bigger increment

eg
MX12 grade C increment = 250+
MX11 grade C increment = 330+
MX10 grade C increment = 400+

MX12 grade B increment = 300+
MX11 grade B increment = 400+
MX10 grade B increment = 500+

and so forth

Reply With Quote
  #1542 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 01:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a mso, dip grad. work for 2 .5 years.

my pay now only 2400

am i considered ok?
it this your first job after graduation?

if so, i think it's high enough bcos some ministries only pay fresh grads 1780, so i don't think it's that likely for them to even get something close to your current salary in just 2.5 years, unless there was a significant salary adjustment.

Reply With Quote
  #1543 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 168
Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollnrock View Post
Come on la I have B grading every year and only get around $120 increment. Compared to mx, C also can get $250!

Only the salary adjustment made our pay higher. And I'm earning more than the fresh grads who join us. I don't want to be in that situation when I join other agency. If you are asking why I want to leave when my performance has always been good, well the management sucks. I'm just hanging on till I get a good offer.

Do govt pay that well? You got to be an excellent performer to be happy. Don't expect to join n shake leg. You will be seen as a junk.
well there's still a need to convert to a senior officer scheme and im not sure if you will definitely get it actually. you could try. but do stay away from jobs that require lots of writing, especially writing to members of public.

Reply With Quote
  #1544 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Earning S$4.3 K after 1 year of service.

Second upper from NUS with NS, joined in Q32010.

Starting pay 3.5K
Confirmation pay: 3.86K
After salary adjustment: 4.3K
Reply With Quote
  #1545 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Earning S$4.3 K after 1 year of service.

Second upper from NUS with NS, joined in Q32010.

Starting pay 3.5K
Confirmation pay: 3.86K
After salary adjustment: 4.3K
WOW...

by APR should hit 4.5-4.6k after merit increment

so good!!!!

from wat ministry?
Reply With Quote
  #1546 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
WOW...

by APR should hit 4.5-4.6k after merit increment

so good!!!!

from wat ministry?
Afraid I can't divulge, but you can probably guess la (Not MFA).

Are you sure I will get another merit increment in Apr? How does it work exactly? Thought I just got confirmation increment? (not counting the salary adjustment)
Reply With Quote

  #1547 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Afraid I can't divulge, but you can probably guess la (Not MFA).

Are you sure I will get another merit increment in Apr? How does it work exactly? Thought I just got confirmation increment? (not counting the salary adjustment)
congrats ! i guessing economist service ?
im in a stat board also guy joined in Q32010.

Q32010: 3566
Q32011: 3822
2012: ???

nv receive any news on salary adjustment =(
Reply With Quote
  #1548 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Can some one advise if i am doing poor?

2002: A*STAR: Fresh grad ($2260)
2005: Temasek Polytechnic - Lecturer: $3380
2006: Temasek Polytechnic - Lecturer: $3610
2007: IDA - Consultant: $4200
2008: Singapore Polytechnic - Lecturer: $5110
2009: Singapore Polytechnic - Lecturer: $5460

Resign immediately after revision of 42-days annual leave to 28-days + 2-months Salary compensation

2009: GLC - Senior Manager: $6300
2010: GLC - Senior Manager: $6420
2011: GLC - Senior Manager: $6610
2012: GLC - Senior Manager: $6810

This GLC salary adjustment is Jan of every year. Average 16months per year as I am above average performer but the annual salary adjustment quite pathetic.

I am thinking of writing to my DS to request for transfer to Ministry. Any advice?
My current boss not fighting for my promotion. FYI. I am directly supporting my director. I run the day-to-day operations for him. He don't do much (from UK). Whole day on facebook or attend meetings, that's all. No actual deliverables from him. I learn nothing from him, but instead need to cover his ass for him.

What makes me furious is PS intro DS these team of Expats (UK, australia, etc) and they are all holding director position.

By right, they are suppose to transfer knowledge to locals but they are not. PS changing soon - 1st April, hope DS will do something to swap out the Expats. Not sure whether this will happen though.....sad =(
Reply With Quote
  #1549 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can some one advise if i am doing poor?

2002: A*STAR: Fresh grad ($2260)
2005: Temasek Polytechnic - Lecturer: $3380
2006: Temasek Polytechnic - Lecturer: $3610
2007: IDA - Consultant: $4200
2008: Singapore Polytechnic - Lecturer: $5110
2009: Singapore Polytechnic - Lecturer: $5460

Resign immediately after revision of 42-days annual leave to 28-days + 2-months Salary compensation

2009: GLC - Senior Manager: $6300
2010: GLC - Senior Manager: $6420
2011: GLC - Senior Manager: $6610
2012: GLC - Senior Manager: $6810

This GLC salary adjustment is Jan of every year. Average 16months per year as I am above average performer but the annual salary adjustment quite pathetic.

I am thinking of writing to my DS to request for transfer to Ministry. Any advice?
My current boss not fighting for my promotion. FYI. I am directly supporting my director. I run the day-to-day operations for him. He don't do much (from UK). Whole day on facebook or attend meetings, that's all. No actual deliverables from him. I learn nothing from him, but instead need to cover his ass for him.

What makes me furious is PS intro DS these team of Expats (UK, australia, etc) and they are all holding director position.

By right, they are suppose to transfer knowledge to locals but they are not. PS changing soon - 1st April, hope DS will do something to swap out the Expats. Not sure whether this will happen though.....sad =(
Personally, i do not think u are doing badly. I think it is quite average in relation to a typical civil servant (e.g. the non-scholar MX schemes).

If u do have access to senior management like DS, there is no harm requesting for a transfer to another Ministry or agency.
Reply With Quote
  #1550 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can some one advise if i am doing poor?

2002: A*STAR: Fresh grad ($2260)
2005: Temasek Polytechnic - Lecturer: $3380
2006: Temasek Polytechnic - Lecturer: $3610
2007: IDA - Consultant: $4200
2008: Singapore Polytechnic - Lecturer: $5110
2009: Singapore Polytechnic - Lecturer: $5460

Resign immediately after revision of 42-days annual leave to 28-days + 2-months Salary compensation

2009: GLC - Senior Manager: $6300
2010: GLC - Senior Manager: $6420
2011: GLC - Senior Manager: $6610
2012: GLC - Senior Manager: $6810

This GLC salary adjustment is Jan of every year. Average 16months per year as I am above average performer but the annual salary adjustment quite pathetic.

I am thinking of writing to my DS to request for transfer to Ministry. Any advice?
My current boss not fighting for my promotion. FYI. I am directly supporting my director. I run the day-to-day operations for him. He don't do much (from UK). Whole day on facebook or attend meetings, that's all. No actual deliverables from him. I learn nothing from him, but instead need to cover his ass for him.

What makes me furious is PS intro DS these team of Expats (UK, australia, etc) and they are all holding director position.

By right, they are suppose to transfer knowledge to locals but they are not. PS changing soon - 1st April, hope DS will do something to swap out the Expats. Not sure whether this will happen though.....sad =(
How can someone from GLC can transfer to ministry? You from what GLC?

And the GLC you mention, the annual increment sux is at only 3% annually despite being an ("above average performer, aka grade "B").

GLC where got DS or PS position?? Do you mean your so called GLC os actually a stat board??

I from ST engineering (a GLC), yes the annual increment is only ~3-4%, promotion increment is only ~4-6%. And it really SUX!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,439 Replies, 1,488,921 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,714 Replies, 1,016,672 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
162 Replies, 165,431 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,173 Replies, 5,295,179 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector) ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,063 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,013 Replies, 2,194,692 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 14,438 Views
Please advise on my career path... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 12,035 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,082 Replies, 845,936 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 8,130 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,847 Replies, 870,736 Views
What are your Job benefits ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 7,165 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,582 Replies, 1,229,277 Views
Casino Regulatory Authority
1 Replies, 4,383 Views
Relocating to Singapore, is... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 29,361 Views
Summer Internships 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 1,963 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
428 Replies, 72,569 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
879 Replies, 718,287 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 95,766 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 121,617 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,977 Replies, 1,803,013 Views
Chevron COBRA assesment, please... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 48,970 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,382 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,867 Replies, 3,649,721 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 76,140 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
854 Replies, 430,156 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 4,618 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
203 Replies, 197,512 Views
What course should I undertake?
8 Replies, 3,196 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2