Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can some one advise if i am doing poor?

2002: A*STAR: Fresh grad ($2260)
2005: Temasek Polytechnic - Lecturer: $3380
2006: Temasek Polytechnic - Lecturer: $3610
2007: IDA - Consultant: $4200
2008: Singapore Polytechnic - Lecturer: $5110
2009: Singapore Polytechnic - Lecturer: $5460

Resign immediately after revision of 42-days annual leave to 28-days + 2-months Salary compensation

2009: GLC - Senior Manager: $6300
2010: GLC - Senior Manager: $6420
2011: GLC - Senior Manager: $6610
2012: GLC - Senior Manager: $6810

This GLC salary adjustment is Jan of every year. Average 16months per year as I am above average performer but the annual salary adjustment quite pathetic.

I am thinking of writing to my DS to request for transfer to Ministry. Any advice?
My current boss not fighting for my promotion. FYI. I am directly supporting my director. I run the day-to-day operations for him. He don't do much (from UK). Whole day on facebook or attend meetings, that's all. No actual deliverables from him. I learn nothing from him, but instead need to cover his ass for him.

What makes me furious is PS intro DS these team of Expats (UK, australia, etc) and they are all holding director position.

By right, they are suppose to transfer knowledge to locals but they are not. PS changing soon - 1st April, hope DS will do something to swap out the Expats. Not sure whether this will happen though.....sad =(
Personally, i do not think u are doing badly. I think it is quite average in relation to a typical civil servant (e.g. the non-scholar MX schemes).

If u do have access to senior management like DS, there is no harm requesting for a transfer to another Ministry or agency.