Compare civil service salary - Page 1433 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #14321 (permalink)  
Old 16-07-2022, 11:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm in a niche field within financial tech consulting, graduated in 2019 with FCH. Comp in 2021 was 150K due to a massive almost 6 months bonus, but is probably one off as it was a result of covid related projects. I'm however, severely burnt out and uninspired and am considering leaving my job to join the public service as I've always had an interest. I read about the PSLP and was wondering if I join am I expected to take a large pay cut, even on the PSLP scheme?

Reply With Quote
  #14322 (permalink)  
Old 16-07-2022, 01:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
$10k is nothing to brag about. Many places are paid more.

I got ex-staff in their 30's that went to MNC and jumped from $7k to $11k. The resignations are now sky high in my dept, at least 1 per week.
Well it dpds on your outlook from short to long term. While Public and Civil services are no longer iron bowl, they are still much more stable than private work. In fact the annual bonus and performance bonus are on average btr than the pte sector. Pte sector is good but very unstable. Yes there are jobs that pay much more, I thk govt put the CS salary at 30 percentile of the top earners. But don't forget that the 30% include professionals and jobs that require special skills.

So if you looked at the package, CS or PS aren't that bad. Unless you are good but unappreciated, then going to pte is not a bad choice. But I do know that there are people who cmi in CS or PS due to lack of chances, went out to prove themselves and eventually went back to PX/CS to hold MX10 and above positions.

Reply With Quote
  #14323 (permalink)  
Old 16-07-2022, 07:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in a niche field within financial tech consulting, graduated in 2019 with FCH. Comp in 2021 was 150K due to a massive almost 6 months bonus, but is probably one off as it was a result of covid related projects. I'm however, severely burnt out and uninspired and am considering leaving my job to join the public service as I've always had an interest. I read about the PSLP and was wondering if I join am I expected to take a large pay cut, even on the PSLP scheme?
Lol not everyone can be in PSLP even if got FCH. The typical PSLP scholars took up PSC scholarships before joining the civil service. If you didn't, then there are very strict criteria to even be considered to apply for PSLP especially at mid-career stage.

Reply With Quote
  #14324 (permalink)  
Old 16-07-2022, 10:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well it dpds on your outlook from short to long term. While Public and Civil services are no longer iron bowl, they are still much more stable than private work. In fact the annual bonus and performance bonus are on average btr than the pte sector. Pte sector is good but very unstable. Yes there are jobs that pay much more, I thk govt put the CS salary at 30 percentile of the top earners. But don't forget that the 30% include professionals and jobs that require special skills.

So if you looked at the package, CS or PS aren't that bad. Unless you are good but unappreciated, then going to pte is not a bad choice. But I do know that there are people who cmi in CS or PS due to lack of chances, went out to prove themselves and eventually went back to PX/CS to hold MX10 and above positions.
what is diff between Public and Civil services?
Reply With Quote
  #14325 (permalink)  
Old 17-07-2022, 09:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Mfa fso

30M, FCH, NS and 4YOE.

What will be the estimated pay grade and pay range for MFA FSO?
Reply With Quote
  #14326 (permalink)  
Old 17-07-2022, 03:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in a niche field within financial tech consulting, graduated in 2019 with FCH. Comp in 2021 was 150K due to a massive almost 6 months bonus, but is probably one off as it was a result of covid related projects. I'm however, severely burnt out and uninspired and am considering leaving my job to join the public service as I've always had an interest. I read about the PSLP and was wondering if I join am I expected to take a large pay cut, even on the PSLP scheme?
You aren't going to make anywhere close to 150k with 3YOE, maybe 100k if you are lucky.

There is also no way you will be selected for the PSLP scheme as a external hire right off the bat. PSLP is reserved for those who have been carefully vetted by the system to have a certain amount of long term commitment and exceptional caliber (at least, that is the plan). Several years of dedication and exceptional performance in the public service is expected, as the people on PSLP are earmarked to be CEO/DS/PS level.

Working in a niche field and earning a little bit more than average is unfortunately hardly sufficient to earn you a slot there. Folks like you are a dime a dozen...
Reply With Quote

  #14327 (permalink)  
Old 17-07-2022, 09:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
30M, FCH, NS and 4YOE.

What will be the estimated pay grade and pay range for MFA FSO?
about 5.5k. you got offered? or intending to apply?
Reply With Quote
  #14328 (permalink)  
Old 17-07-2022, 11:33 PM
NONAMES
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default LTA Asst MGR

Got verbal confirmation for a role that will start right after my last semester as an asst mgr in LTA. Cum Laude only. What's the expected salary range and what ranking will I be on as an asst mgr. I ask for 3.5k. M here so idk the extra money for NS will count.
Reply With Quote
  #14329 (permalink)  
Old 18-07-2022, 12:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONAMES View Post
Got verbal confirmation for a role that will start right after my last semester as an asst mgr in LTA. Cum Laude only. What's the expected salary range and what ranking will I be on as an asst mgr. I ask for 3.5k. M here so idk the extra money for NS will count.
My understanding is that NS will get additional $100/$200.
Fresh grads join as grade 6, ceiling should be low 5k, but will typically promote to grade 7 in 2 years, depending on the month you join.
Wait for the pros to adv on the expected salary.
Reply With Quote
  #14330 (permalink)  
Old 18-07-2022, 11:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONAMES View Post
Got verbal confirmation for a role that will start right after my last semester as an asst mgr in LTA. Cum Laude only. What's the expected salary range and what ranking will I be on as an asst mgr. I ask for 3.5k. M here so idk the extra money for NS will count.

I go through the same path as you when I just grad. If you grad with Hons then it will be; FCH 4.1, Second Upper 3.9, Second lower 3.7; all these are inclusive of NS exp ($200). When we first join will be Grade 6, thereafter 2 years later will be promoted to Grade 7.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 149 15-06-2021 09:35 AM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,703 Replies, 3,160,830 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,244 Replies, 3,315,413 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
262 Replies, 72,320 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 210,861 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,422 Replies, 7,560,372 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,775 Replies, 3,459,028 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,092 Replies, 450,581 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,143 Replies, 362,278 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,593 Replies, 1,302,548 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,651 Replies, 4,215,411 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
199 Replies, 121,255 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
395 Replies, 204,223 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,495 Replies, 2,248,371 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
925 Replies, 630,572 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
99 Replies, 45,589 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,454 Replies, 5,476,983 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,969 Replies, 9,972,207 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,453 Replies, 1,116,959 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,037 Replies, 844,353 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
425 Replies, 456,145 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
359 Replies, 132,107 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,300 Replies, 632,876 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
258 Replies, 290,534 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 49,366 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,754 Replies, 2,318,578 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,803 Replies, 2,673,914 Views
SP Group ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 11,174 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 4,754 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,048 Replies, 731,399 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
631 Replies, 266,494 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2