Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2022, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in a niche field within financial tech consulting, graduated in 2019 with FCH. Comp in 2021 was 150K due to a massive almost 6 months bonus, but is probably one off as it was a result of covid related projects. I'm however, severely burnt out and uninspired and am considering leaving my job to join the public service as I've always had an interest. I read about the PSLP and was wondering if I join am I expected to take a large pay cut, even on the PSLP scheme?
You aren't going to make anywhere close to 150k with 3YOE, maybe 100k if you are lucky.

There is also no way you will be selected for the PSLP scheme as a external hire right off the bat. PSLP is reserved for those who have been carefully vetted by the system to have a certain amount of long term commitment and exceptional caliber (at least, that is the plan). Several years of dedication and exceptional performance in the public service is expected, as the people on PSLP are earmarked to be CEO/DS/PS level.

Working in a niche field and earning a little bit more than average is unfortunately hardly sufficient to earn you a slot there. Folks like you are a dime a dozen...