Compare civil service salary - Page 128 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1271 (permalink)  
Old 27-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 168
Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwashi View Post
does this mean they already determine a CEP for us immediately upon the first interview? They can see how far we can possibly go by just talking to us for 20 minutes?
dude ive explained to you quite a bit about cep... is it still a hazy concept for u?

Reply With Quote
  #1272 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2012, 04:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Private Sector vs Civil Service

My 2 cents worth.

While I was in private sector, this was what I earned as an engrg grp leader in a jap manufacturing plant. btw a grp leader in jap is equivalent to a asst manager.

Basic: 3771
Technical Allowance: 400 - 500
Transport & Meal: 110
OT: 12 per hr cap at 50 hrs

My army buddy who works as a teacher. Another fren of mine started out as a custom officer. Both 3rd class and we started work in 1999. By 2009, when I left my pay was lower than them by 600 - 1K. They had lower gross pay when they started out but caught up with me by 2006. Worst was I seldom get to see sunset and got to work on sat.

I guess it really dpds on what are you doing in pte sector. Not all are gd stuff. Even in banking. I guess how well off u are is not totally on hpw much u earn but largely dpds on how much u save. I am now in civil service. I dun thk it is all that too bad compared to my colleague who are still in that plant but now in american's hands. At least I am happy and I do not nid to work 36 hrs when producct yield are down! Many may thk AO earn obscence sum of $$ but I thk the japs who came here as exp.....earn even more when some of them work very little though they spend long hrs in the co.

Reply With Quote
  #1273 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My 2 cents worth.

While I was in private sector, this was what I earned as an engrg grp leader in a jap manufacturing plant. btw a grp leader in jap is equivalent to a asst manager.

Basic: 3771
Technical Allowance: 400 - 500
Transport & Meal: 110
OT: 12 per hr cap at 50 hrs

My army buddy who works as a teacher. Another fren of mine started out as a custom officer. Both 3rd class and we started work in 1999. By 2009, when I left my pay was lower than them by 600 - 1K. They had lower gross pay when they started out but caught up with me by 2006. Worst was I seldom get to see sunset and got to work on sat.

I guess it really dpds on what are you doing in pte sector. Not all are gd stuff. Even in banking. I guess how well off u are is not totally on hpw much u earn but largely dpds on how much u save. I am now in civil service. I dun thk it is all that too bad compared to my colleague who are still in that plant but now in american's hands. At least I am happy and I do not nid to work 36 hrs when producct yield are down! Many may thk AO earn obscence sum of $$ but I thk the japs who came here as exp.....earn even more when some of them work very little though they spend long hrs in the co.
You must have already suffered brain damage working too long in engineering, there is no way you can get rich working as an engineer here... Engineering industry in Singapore is hopeless!!... Why work like s.h.i.t from dawn till dusk to just earn a few lousy dollars an hour.. then when reach 40years old... u get retrenched?? The engineering industry is a place where naive fresh grads go to die... Be warned!!! Dun be fooled by the gahment... They need to push people to sacrifice their future to fill up the high turnover in the industry to... As long as things continue to continue.. They can continue to get their fat bonus..

Reply With Quote
  #1274 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default flexible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
some places announce already
I heard there would be market adjustment for civil service, effective 1st Feb.
Reply With Quote
  #1275 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I heard there would be market adjustment for civil service, effective 1st Feb.
for all civil service(all ministry.....uniform group).....only.....

how about for statboard like EDB,JTC,DSTA, NEA??? got or not?


how much is the wage adjustment? +$200?
Reply With Quote
  #1276 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
for all civil service(all ministry.....uniform group).....only.....

how about for statboard like EDB,JTC,DSTA, NEA??? got or not?


how much is the wage adjustment? +$200?
How much is the adjustment for the ministries & uniform groups?
I guess stat boards may use it as a reference
Reply With Quote

  #1277 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much is the adjustment for the ministries & uniform groups?
I guess stat boards may use it as a reference
i also asking too?

how much is the wage adjustment?
Reply With Quote
  #1278 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
i also asking too?

how much is the wage adjustment?
In 2007, the adjustment was abt 7 -11%. This time shd be abt this range.
Reply With Quote
  #1279 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In 2007, the adjustment was abt 7 -11%. This time shd be abt this range.
so it is a % base wage adjustment?

I tot it is a lump sum of eg: +200 to +300 to all employee

mean those MX9, 10000 salary will get addition $1000 more?!?!
Reply With Quote
  #1280 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
so it is a % base wage adjustment?

I tot it is a lump sum of eg: +200 to +300 to all employee

mean those MX9, 10000 salary will get addition $1000 more?!?!
Heard that it is 10%.
But it may not be uniform across all the MX. The lower rungs will be the main beneficiaries.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,356 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,915 Replies, 1,085,317 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,667 Replies, 1,607,786 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
379 Replies, 250,925 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 22,188 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,620 Replies, 2,612,119 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,786 Replies, 272,248 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,296 Replies, 1,908,426 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
395 Replies, 287,860 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 13,970 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
159 Replies, 76,106 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,105 Replies, 5,585,673 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
688 Replies, 211,855 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,633 Replies, 784,086 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,191 Replies, 971,052 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 810 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 13,135 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 4,117 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 92,781 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,380 Replies, 565,019 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,175 Views
Sharing my Passive and Active...
2 Replies, 539 Views
where can i buy nintendo stock?
6 Replies, 3,421 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,964 Views
HR Career advice
3 Replies, 1,448 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 15,561 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,089 Replies, 500,065 Views
Can share your your car...
2 Replies, 246 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
7 Replies, 2,155 Views
Any Kaplan students here can land... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,138 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2