Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2012, 04:04 AM
Unregistered

Default Private Sector vs Civil Service

My 2 cents worth.

While I was in private sector, this was what I earned as an engrg grp leader in a jap manufacturing plant. btw a grp leader in jap is equivalent to a asst manager.

Basic: 3771
Technical Allowance: 400 - 500
Transport & Meal: 110
OT: 12 per hr cap at 50 hrs

My army buddy who works as a teacher. Another fren of mine started out as a custom officer. Both 3rd class and we started work in 1999. By 2009, when I left my pay was lower than them by 600 - 1K. They had lower gross pay when they started out but caught up with me by 2006. Worst was I seldom get to see sunset and got to work on sat.

I guess it really dpds on what are you doing in pte sector. Not all are gd stuff. Even in banking. I guess how well off u are is not totally on hpw much u earn but largely dpds on how much u save. I am now in civil service. I dun thk it is all that too bad compared to my colleague who are still in that plant but now in american's hands. At least I am happy and I do not nid to work 36 hrs when producct yield are down! Many may thk AO earn obscence sum of $$ but I thk the japs who came here as exp.....earn even more when some of them work very little though they spend long hrs in the co.