Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My 2 cents worth.

While I was in private sector, this was what I earned as an engrg grp leader in a jap manufacturing plant. btw a grp leader in jap is equivalent to a asst manager.

Basic: 3771
Technical Allowance: 400 - 500
Transport & Meal: 110
OT: 12 per hr cap at 50 hrs

My army buddy who works as a teacher. Another fren of mine started out as a custom officer. Both 3rd class and we started work in 1999. By 2009, when I left my pay was lower than them by 600 - 1K. They had lower gross pay when they started out but caught up with me by 2006. Worst was I seldom get to see sunset and got to work on sat.

I guess it really dpds on what are you doing in pte sector. Not all are gd stuff. Even in banking. I guess how well off u are is not totally on hpw much u earn but largely dpds on how much u save. I am now in civil service. I dun thk it is all that too bad compared to my colleague who are still in that plant but now in american's hands. At least I am happy and I do not nid to work 36 hrs when producct yield are down! Many may thk AO earn obscence sum of $$ but I thk the japs who came here as exp.....earn even more when some of them work very little though they spend long hrs in the co.
You must have already suffered brain damage working too long in engineering, there is no way you can get rich working as an engineer here... Engineering industry in Singapore is hopeless!!... Why work like s.h.i.t from dawn till dusk to just earn a few lousy dollars an hour.. then when reach 40years old... u get retrenched?? The engineering industry is a place where naive fresh grads go to die... Be warned!!! Dun be fooled by the gahment... They need to push people to sacrifice their future to fill up the high turnover in the industry to... As long as things continue to continue.. They can continue to get their fat bonus..