Compare civil service salary - Page 100 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #991 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default no harm trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
none, trust me. don't join just to try.
Ouch...

If one wants to be in the civil service then one should just go ahead.
One can apply directly to Admin Service or once IN the Civil Service try via the HiPo program.
no harm trying. That is life.

Reply With Quote
  #992 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_kepoh View Post
Hi All,

I'm a 29 (2011) yr old Singaporean,
I.T Masters (NUS) (non-scholar)
with 5.5 years in Private sector (All GLCs)
Earing 4.2k now (pre-masters Pay).

Thinking of jumping into the govt.
Any idea how much I will get ?
And my chances of getting into the Administrative service ?
Frankly, your chances are almost zero. The only mid-career guy hired into AS is Finian Tan. In all likelihood, you aren't even half of Finian Tan's calibre.

Reply With Quote
  #993 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Cyber_kepoh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Frankly, your chances are almost zero. The only mid-career guy hired into AS is Finian Tan. In all likelihood, you aren't even half of Finian Tan's calibre.
Ok, Thanks for the probability of me entering the Admin Service.
So I gather that typically a mid-career person like me
would go into the Professional Service (Info Comms).
Anybody has an idea of the salary range there?

Reply With Quote
  #994 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Log Officer

TO share my experience: I have been working in civil service for 8 years. Local grad, from NUS, BBA with merit. 31 years old this year. Salary progression with the years as such:

2003: 2700
2004: 2900
2005: 3100
2006: 3300
2007: 4200
2008: 4500
2009: 4800
2010: 5300
2011: ...... still waiting for Jul MI... heh.

The annual increment is increasingly dependent on performance / appraisal. While there is indeed a 'benchmark' increment figure for your particular grade / rank, bosses can tweak these figures up or down by as much as 25%.

Salary package is also increasingly variable through the payment of variable bonuses. AN earlier thread mentioned that an average civil servant annual package is as much as 16 months. This is true. Depending on which service you are in, and your grade / rank seniority, this can vary widely. Much of these variable payments also dependant on economic conditions.

For my case, 2010 a bumper year. Coupled with a favourable assessment, my salary package in 2010 amounted to about 20 months :/
Reply With Quote
  #995 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
TO share my experience: I have been working in civil service for 8 years. Local grad, from NUS, BBA with merit. 31 years old this year. Salary progression with the years as such:

2003: 2700
2004: 2900
2005: 3100
2006: 3300
2007: 4200
2008: 4500
2009: 4800
2010: 5300
2011: ...... still waiting for Jul MI... heh.

The annual increment is increasingly dependent on performance / appraisal. While there is indeed a 'benchmark' increment figure for your particular grade / rank, bosses can tweak these figures up or down by as much as 25%.

Salary package is also increasingly variable through the payment of variable bonuses. AN earlier thread mentioned that an average civil servant annual package is as much as 16 months. This is true. Depending on which service you are in, and your grade / rank seniority, this can vary widely. Much of these variable payments also dependant on economic conditions.

For my case, 2010 a bumper year. Coupled with a favourable assessment, my salary package in 2010 amounted to about 20 months :/
2010 was bumper cos it's just before the election. Goodies for everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #996 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2011, 01:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone here(male with NS) who has 2nd lower degree from local university has been working in the civil service for 3-4years since fresh grad, if he is average 'c' performer, how much will be his salary/month now?
If you are non-uniform, my guess is it should be 3500 - 4000
Reply With Quote

  #997 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

my stat board gave corp bonus 1 mth
Reply With Quote
  #998 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilservant wannabe View Post
saw a lot of civil servants here. was hoping to get genuine advice from some.

some details...
qualifiction: ntu 2nd upps
working exp: 1.5 years
previous job: private sector (biz dev / mkting)
salary: $2.5

just applied for a job at mindef. and they are offering me $3750 for a dxo position.

is this okay? should i ask for more? i saw someone commenting that mindef now pays about $3.5 to fresh grads....

if so, how much should i ask for?
Wow, assume that this is true, you have quite a good offer. But I find it quite amazing that they offered such a big jump in pay as a 1yr plus experience would probably give you an additional 300plus from your previous salary.

My 4 years experience (2 years in the private sector + 2 years as DXO) with NTU 2nd lower + MBA (in progress) = the same pay as yours???
Reply With Quote
  #999 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wow, assume that this is true, you have quite a good offer. But I find it quite amazing that they offered such a big jump in pay as a 1yr plus experience would probably give you an additional 300plus from your previous salary.

My 4 years experience (2 years in the private sector + 2 years as DXO) with NTU 2nd lower + MBA (in progress) = the same pay as yours???

About 2 years ago in my stat board they offered (and still offering) fresh 2nd upper hons male grad around 3.8k, then I had around 4 years experience and was only drawing $500 more than a freshie. And I had to train up a freshie on top of my work. No wonder we are told not to compare pay ....
Reply With Quote
  #1000 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wow, assume that this is true, you have quite a good offer. But I find it quite amazing that they offered such a big jump in pay as a 1yr plus experience would probably give you an additional 300plus from your previous salary.

My 4 years experience (2 years in the private sector + 2 years as DXO) with NTU 2nd lower + MBA (in progress) = the same pay as yours???
i am a dxo 1yr and 2 years in IT sector. NUS degree, no honours.
when i jump over my pay is 4.8k. i got increment 300 so now is 5.1k
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,573 Replies, 1,555,048 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 232 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,999 Replies, 921,964 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 12,300 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
133 Replies, 65,199 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
931 Replies, 741,308 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
179 Replies, 143,166 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,689 Replies, 1,255,479 Views
For local U grads, how well are...
3 Replies, 311 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,839 Replies, 1,060,411 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,731 Replies, 2,393,551 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
256 Replies, 48,282 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,746 Replies, 5,459,959 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,160 Replies, 881,469 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 241,172 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 5,130 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
861 Replies, 439,271 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,478 Replies, 749,398 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
817 Replies, 535,310 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,221 Replies, 1,862,665 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 110,569 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
3 Replies, 1,101 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
355 Replies, 275,478 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,711 Replies, 781,109 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,308 Replies, 236,417 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 23,969 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,324 Views
Insurance Agent to Bancassurance...
7 Replies, 5,167 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 114,180 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,457 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2